50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• Mimis5
    Mimis5 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your daughter and her baby.....I am praying for them right now. Hugs.....Laurie
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to all that are suffering today.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Kathy
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Anne, Thank you I really love this site.:love: The ladies here make me feel like I can do it and give me great hints on how to succeed. I get more support here then I do anywhere else. Thanks again and all my prayers for those of you who are having personal and family health problems, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Rosemary
    GOOD MORNING ALL :flowerforyou:

KATHY, GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JEEP. SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO HAVE A FUN DAY WITH DAD.:smile:

BARB, GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR TIME WITH YOUR PARENTS AND THE MEAL SOUNDED GREAT.:smile: MY DAD IS IN HEAVEN 29 YEARS AND I STILL MISS HIM, EVEN MORE ON FATHER'S DAY. I TOO AM AN ONLY CHILD AND WE WERE VERY CLOSE. :heart:

ROSEMARY, YOU ARE DOING BETTER AND HAVE ALREADY SHED 11LBS.:flowerforyou: IF YOU LIKE BIG MEALS, YOU NEED VOLUME. YOU HAVE TO EAT SALADS AND LOW CAL VEGETABLE SOUPS OR JUST ADD LOTS OF EXTRA VEGGIES TO ALL YOUR MEALS. THE MEAT PORTION SHOULD BE 4 OUNCES , IF YOU REALLY CAN'T DO THAT,THEN 5 TO 6 TOPS. FISH CAN BE 6 OUNCES TO 8.
    INSTEAD OF 2 WHITE BREAD, CAN YOU EAT LOW CAL WHEAT BREAD? SAVES MANY CALORIES AND MELBA THIN RYE BY ARNOLD IS A GOOD CHOICE TOO, 110 CALORIES FOR 2 SLICES. TAKE SMALL STEPS TO CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS. YOU WILL DO FINE. YOU ARE OFF TO A WONDERFUL START.

SUSAN, ANOTHER VICTORY FOR YOU.:flowerforyou: I AM SO IMPRESSED. JUST GREAT.

SHORT ON TIME TODAY. TO EVERYONE ELSE, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND REMEMBER
    THAT NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

:heart: ANNE
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thank you Laurie. That means a lot to me.
    Vicki
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

My thoughts and prayers are with the members and their families that are going through some very difficult times:heart: Please remember to take care of yourselves:flowerforyou:

We returned from our camping weekend earlier today. Even though we had rain for part of the weekend we enjoyed ourselves walking, shopping, swimming, hot tubbing, relaxing, socializing and even a day of shopping:bigsmile: When we got home we got the trailer emptied and even 3 loads of laundry washed, line dried and put back into the trailer awaiting out next adventure next month. I even got a bike ride in tonite so that made me feel great:happy: As nice as it is to get away I am very thankful to be home and back into routine.:smile:

Cheers:flowerforyou: to all

Marie:heart:
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi gals:flowerforyou:

Just a quick drive by as we are leaving for San Diego in the morning. Will be there until the 7th when we leave for the wedding!

Sorry that so many of you are having to deal with so much! Am keeping you all in my prayers!

Thanks for the tip that we can log food in advance. I have already logged some of my foods for tomorrow. It is very hard for us when we are traveling as it has always been a time when we ate whatever we wanted. my DBF and I live together and I am bribing her tomorrow with a not so healthy lunch....a filet o fish at McDonalds. It has been years since we have had one but I was able to work it out as i logged today! cool! I find it so much better to log in advance as it allows me to move foods around and if needed, not eat something bad!

I think I will go nitey night !
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    An early good morning to everyone. It has taken me an hour just to catch up on the past 5 days of this thread. :laugh: Nice to hear from Kathy, Barb, Barbie, Anne, Marie, and everyone else – too many names now to list everyone.

Kathy, thanks for your words of encouragement. I think this protracted period of weird, damp weather in the northeast has taken its toll on my motivation, etc. I have to say I am inspired and impressed by your activity level. I just need to keep that present in my mind during the day and stay motivated.

Swissmiss, sorry to hear you were laid off. Was that for a day or more? If longer, any chance of being re-hired or are you looking elsewhere?

Vicky, so sorry to hear about your daughter. Miscarriages are heart-breaking. It took me a year and medical intervention to get pregnant again after I miscarried many, many years ago. I was fortunate though, ultimately, to have a healthy boy followed by 2 more sons. My heart goes out to your daughter.

Anne, sorry to hear you have to have surgery on your foot. You have such a positive attitude though. By the way, thank you for supplying the reference to the Carol Burnett show. Once I read it, I remembered.

Patsigirl, belated Happy Birthday! Thanks for describing the picture on your weight loss ticker. Looks beautiful. I’ve never been to that area of the U.S.

LaurelFisher, a belated Happy Birthday to you too and welcome to mfp and this thread. You’re in the right place – a lovely group of women. Congrats on losing 3 pounds!!! Also, congrats on your new grandchild on the way.

Mimis5, welcome to you too.

Lianne95519, best of luck on your knee surgery. I was very impressed by your fried chicken restraint. I’ll have to remember that approach – have the healthy choice as the main part of the meal and still enjoy a limited amount of the "treat".

Susan, I was also very impressed with your Father’s Day dinner approach. Hope you brother is doing OK.

Heather, your daughter’s birthday sounded like a lot of fun.

Debbie, I love the idea of a monthly campfire. I feel so fortunate to have my kids close by. We have so many family functions this summer that I will see my boys fairly regularly.

Lynn, you’ve had your hands full. How is your brother? Your mom? Hope all is well.

Marie, I’m tired just hearing about how active you were over the week-end and after you got home from camping. I wish I had the confidence to go biking. I was never much of a bike rider and I like to feel my feet securely on the ground. it would be nice to cover more territory on a bike, not to mention the exercise.

That's it for now. I hope everyone has a good day and that everyone with family issues has some good news, peace and just a brighter day.:heart:

For myself, I have to keep your incredible progress and discpline in mind throughout the day so I can use you all for inpsiration and motivation to keep on track. Thanks ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    Vicki, I am so sorry about your daughter. I know what you are going through, my daughter has had 4 pregnancies in 3 years 2 of them resulted in miscarriages. She has a son Matthew who will be 2 next month and is pregnant now. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Rosemary

Good afternoon ladies,
    Hello to all new ladies. Dont have much time. Lynn I will put you and yours in my prayers. Good for all of you who are doing so good and passing up those good foods. Keep up that exercise too. It all works together.
    I have a prayer request. My daughter started spotting today and after a doctor's visit it looks like she will have a miscarriage. She has to go back on Wed for blood test but does not look good. She is fine and can try again in about a month but is very upsetting for her. Very dissappointing after having told everyone to have to tell them otherwise. Just please pray for her and the baby and for us to accept whatever happens. Thank you ladies. Talk to you later. Going to granddaughter and going to ride my bike there and back.
    Vicki
    [/quote]
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    Thank you ZaZa, hey if I can lose weight anyone can. I am a stress eater and boy do I get stressed. I have 2 teenagers and I work in a nursing home, (as does my husband of 35 years) Now if I get stressed I drink lots of water and take a walk (which isn't easy when your sitting at a desk most most of the day. I am trying to find exercises I can do at my desk. (without looking totaly crazy) Well gotta get to work. By the way great picture. Have a great day, Rosemary
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD TUESDAY MORNING ALL:flowerforyou:

BONNIE , EATING AT A BUFFET AND MEETING YOUR CALORIE GOALS IS NOT EASY, GOOD FOR YOU:flowerforyou: THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE FALLING OFF THE WAGON AT ALL?

KATHY, MY MOTIVATION WAS SLIPPING AWAY WHEN I JOINED THIS GROUP AND WW. THAT LINK YOU GAVE US WAS TRUE. THE MAIN THINGS I GOT FROM IT WAS GET RIGHT BACK TO BUSINESS BECAUSE YOU WON'T FAIL WITH ONE SLIP, EVEN A DAY'S SLIP. ALSO GET EXERCISING ESPECIALLY IN THE EARLY MORNING. AN ARTICLE I READ SAID THAT THERE ARE THREE DIET AREAS, BEGINNING, MIDDLE, END. EACH HAS A DIFFERENT LEVEL OF MOTIVATION. I THINK THAT
    MIGHT BE TRUE. AT FIRST WE ARE VERY MOTIVATED, WE ARE SICK OF EATING TOO MUCH AND SICK OF HOW WE LOOK AND FEEL. MIDWAY, WE LOOK PRETTY GOOD NOW AND FEEL BETTER,SO IT FOLLOWS THE URGENCY IS MUCH LESS. THE END, WOW, WE LOOK REALLY GOOD, FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, EVERYONE IS TELLING US HOW GREAT WE LOOK, SO WHAT'S THE RUSH? ALSO THEY MENTION HOW WE MAY HIT A PLACE WHERE WE, OURSELVES, ARE COMFORTABLE AND
    EVEN THOUGH THE CHARTS AND SOCIETY SAYS WE SHOULD LOSE MORE, WE DOWN DEEP , JUST DON'T WANT TO. AS BARBIE SAID TO ME, IT IS A VERY PERSONAL CHOICE. ANYWAY,, WHAT YOU FEEL RIGHT NOW IS SO NORMAL. GIVE IT SOME REAL THOUGHT AND YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWER. YOU ARE SO AWESOME AND HAVE COME SO FAR, I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT
    YOU AT ALL.:heart:

HEATHER, GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME WITH THE PARTY, SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS A HOOT.
    NEXT DATE WITH HUBBY SHOULD BE A ROMANTIC DINNER. LUNCH ALONE IS A START. YOU GET A PASS ON THE CHEESECAKE, JUST THAT , WITH A PARTY AND A LUNCH OUT, NOT BAD AT ALL.:flowerforyou:

MARIE, SO GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A FINE TIME.:smile:

SANDI, HAVE A GOOD TIME ON YOUR TRIP. GLAD YOU ARE PLANNING AHEAD.:flowerforyou:

ZA ZA, THANKS. AS FOR THE CB SHOW. TIM CONWAY WAS MY FAVORITE AS THE VERY OLD MAN.
    THE SLOW WALK AND PLAYING A DOCTOR FALLING ASLEEP ON TOP OF THE PATIENT OR A FIREMAN THAT COULDN'T GET UP THE STAIRS. THAT SHOW BRINGS BACK SO MANY GOOD MEMORIES. :laugh:

SUSAN, VICKI AND LYNN, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.:heart:

TODAY IS MY WW MEETING AND I HOPE TO MOVE MY TICKER TO REFLECT A LOSS.:smile:

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE.

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Vicky, I'll be praying for your daughter and her husband. Only those who have ever had a miscarriage ever truly know how heartbreaking it is.:brokenheart: When a child who has been born dies, society gives us a chance to grieve; but with a miscarriage most folks don't realize that was a child too and the loss must be processed. :sad: So I'm praying for understanding, sympathetic support for your daughter and her husband in the coming weeks and months.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I can't begin to tell you how much being a part of this group of ladies has motivated me. In the past I used stress, my age, and hormone levels as excuses for not being able to lose weight.

Checking in with you all every day has removed all those excuses. Because if any one of y'all can lose weight, while dealing with those same things, that means I can too! THAT is why it is so important we remain accountable to one another, sharing our struggles and our triumphs.... reading how others fall and get up, then finally succeed gives us hope! Sharing something that helped you gain victory in any given area might just be the very thing that inspires someone else to get up and try again.

It finally happened. Someone finally told me they noticed that I was "really losing weight" last night. :happy: Made my week! Most of you probably already know this, but I've finally figured out it's all about CHOICES ladies. Little ones made over and over that add up to a BIG difference. :happy:

Its a gorgeous morning so I am heading out the door now with Muffin to take a walk before the wind gets up and the mercury starts rising. Think I'll take my camera along in case any wildflowers are blooming now. :flowerforyou: Then its off to Wal-mart to buy a medicine ball for the next phase of Biggest Loser Bootcamp.

BTW, No news from my brother. They said it might take up to a week to get biopsy results.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Morning All:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Anne you are so right. I am at the point where I feel great and look better then I have in a very long time. I am going through that " I can eat a little more cause I look better" . Well, I don't want to stay at this weight so I just have to start to rethink my goals and stick to them. The summer months and the Christmas holidays are the hardest. So, I will get on here as much as I can to save myself from going to far off.

I have already gone to the gym and now I have to get ready to go to the dentist. :noway:

I hope everyone has a great morning. I'm sure I will pop in when I login my lunch.

:heart: Kathy
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Vicki I will pray for your daughter and your family. As I read thru some of the posts this morning I cried because of the support that is being given thru this website. I came here for weight loss but am receiving so much more.
    Thank you all love,:heart:
    Lynn
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Susan, Anne, Lynn, all of you, thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. They really mean everything to me. I feel we are in limbo until tomorrow until the blood tests confirm that it is a miscarriage. I am a total optomist so still believing it could be not true, even though everything points to it. I appreciate all of your kind words and especially prayers. The power of prayer is awesome. This blog is so much more to us than losing weight. It has become my support system. I cannot wait to log on and see what each of you says. I apologize if I miss something. I have not gotten as good as Anne and some of you with the individual responses. I do read all of them and try to absorb them though. Have a great day and keep up the good work.
    Vicki
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    All of you amaze me with your great compassion for others and your ability to handle heartaches and troubles with such grace. I'm truly humbled.

Eat healthy!
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI ALL,

LYNN HIT IT ON THE HEAD. THIS GROUP IS HERE PRIMARILY FOR WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT, BUT
    THE FEELINGS EXPRESSED BY EVERYONE MAKES IT SO MUCH MORE. SUCH CARING , SWEET
    PEOPLE. :heart:

I DID WELL AT WW, LOST 2LBS. :smile: I WENT TO VILLAGE INN FOR LUNCH AND HAD A VEGETARIAN BURGER AND FRUIT INSTEAD OF FRIES. I'M LEARNING EVERY DAY HOW TO
    EAT HEALTHY, EVEN WHEN I EAT OUT.:smile:

HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GOOD DAY. SUNNY FLORIDA IS VERY HOT IN THE LOW 90'S AND
    HUMID. HAD A STORM THIS MORNING AND NOW LOOKS LIKE THE WIND IS PICKING UP AGAIN.

• momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    good afternoon to all i was just wondering reading some of our post some of yous are in programs i am really interested in ww a little down from me thursday morning is a ww meeting.. i by their books every now and than i love the storys and always finds something that i can try... i don't know if i am ready to join anything but i would like to learn more.. i went to the ymca today and walk the treadmill i just do not feel good there. i don not feel like i belong they are all so in shape and i always seem to be thee only who really needs the place i talk to myself a lot because i know they are there to keep healthy i just don't feel good going right now..

vicky my prayers and thoughts are with yous all i am with a prayer shawl minstry we would love to send a prayer shawl if you email me a name and were to send it we will get it right out

anne do you do any of the weight watcher meals i have been picking up some for when i have lunch by myself.. there is a rice and chicken one i really like..

mini daily goal
    walk at
    drink my water love debbie and family
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI DEBBIE,

I EAT LEAN CUISINE. THE TURKEY IS MY FAVORITE. WW DOES NOT HAVE EXERCISE. I AM NOT SURE IF YOU KNOW THAT. IT IS A WEIGH IN AND A PROGRAM THAT LASTS APPROXIMATELY 30 MINUTES. THE PEOPLE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU ,SO YOU DO FIND SUPPORT THERE.
    I BUY THE PASS THAT COSTS ME 9.22 A WEEK AND FREE ACCESS TO THE WW E TOOLS. I
    DON'T USE THE E TOOLS MUCH, MY FRIEND LOVES THAT AND USES IT FOR LOGGING FOOD
    AND OTHER THINGS. I NEED ACCOUNTABILITY, SO GROUPS WORK FOR ME. TOPS, TAKE OFF
    POUNDS SENSIBLY, IS ALSO GOOD AND A LOT LESS EXPENSIVE. I PAID 25.00 ANNUAL FEE
    AND ONLY 5.OO A MONTH FOR THE MEETINGS. I THINK EACH MEETING PLACE HAS A DIFFERENT FEE BUT USUALLY ALL REASONABLE. DON'T KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY NEAR YOU. HOPE THIS
    HELPS, YOU CAN ASK ANY QUESTIONS, I WILL TRY TO ANSWER. DO YOU HAVE A PLANET FITNESS NEAR YOU? THAT IS THE BEST GYM EVER FOR SOMEONE WHO FEELS OUT OF PLACE AT A REGULAR GYM. I AM 65 AND HAVE ARTHRITIS ,SO I SURE DON'T FIT IN,BUT THERE I DO. ALL
    AGES, SIZES AND SHAPES.

ANNE
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Anne, great job on the weight loss and on making healthy choices!!!:flowerforyou: I feel lucky to be surrounded by so many inspiring women on this thread.

momof10, I feel badly that you are not comfortable at the Y. I go to my local Y and it's great because I can take dance-type exercise classes at no additional cost. I have to admit that I felt funny in the beginning, but I think attending an exercise class specifically for older adults or those new to exercise helped. It moved at a slower pace, and I learned the routines really quickly. So, please don't give up. Check out the classes and maybe there's one that will build up your confidence. It helps if you have a caring and welcoming instructor like the one in my Fit and Functional class (she's also in her 50s!). Good luck!

Have a good night all.
    Zaza
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

I have found two gyms near me that are reasonable 1 is fitness 19 it costs 19 dollars a month and I also like ladies workout express. All size and shapes. Don't give up on exercise it along with water will help you succeed.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Best wishes,
    Lynn