50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning All

Patsigirl Congrats on the loss. 10 lbs is awesome

Debbie Nice new picture. I think you have a great attitude and you are fortunate to have the support of your family. You are right, the loss of Michael Jackson is very sad and also the loss of Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon. It was a truly sad day for the entertainment industry.

Last night I walked for 45 minutes and felt good about it. I waited until later so it would be cooler but I don't think I'll do that again because the mesquitos are the size of small planes:laugh:
    I'll walk again tonight - I think for now 45 minutes is about enough. My foot hurts but at least I can walk today. It seems anything more than that and I'm decommissioned for a couple of days after. I'm also going to do 10 minutes on the elliptical twice a day. I hope to build from there.

Wishful - We celebrate Canada Day on July 1st but I always love going to Grand Marais, MN for the 4th of July festivities.

Have a good weekend everyone

Heather
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love it and am printing it out to post near the fridge. Have a wonderful day, Rosemary

Good Afternoon Ladies, :flowerforyou: I weighed in today since I will be away next week. To my surprise. :noway: ...another 3 lbs. I even noticed this morning my pants are getting easier to pull up:laugh: Doing the HAPPY DANCE:love::love: :love: :blushing: Talk to you in 7 day....
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    My brother's having surgery today and I have a case of the I-don't-want-tos. NOT a good combination!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    My brother's having surgery today and I have a case of the I-don't-want-tos. NOT a good combination!

Susan,

I will keep your brother in my prayers. Take it easy today and take care of you. This is not the day to beat yourself up:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Just a quick WOO HOO!!!I posted another lb. LOST today.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Maybe I will make it to 25 lbs. off by July 4th, or close to it.

When I look at the amount of calories the website says you burn while moving household items, I have hope, since I am helping a friend move out of an upstairs apartment tomorrow, so between the boxes and the stairs, I should burn a few. Just don't want to burn out my knees!!:laugh:

Barb
  • hellocc
    hellocc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oooooooooooooooops food :sad: :cry:
    Hi

I hope everyone had a good day. Mine was a poo poo but it will NOT discourage me.

Actually I think I am doing better than I expected since my sister had surgery for colon cancer , one month ago, which is now spread thru out her whole body, she is only 68. My mother, who does not know, is 91 years old. I am in the middle of everything since my sister and brother in law have told me that I cannot tell Mom.

I am -37 cal for the day, worse part is that it is only 7:45 pm, my worse time of the night is coming. Guess I will have to tie my hands behind my head, ouch...:noway:

I was more than shocked, I had a Reece's Ult Peanut Butter Cookie. I put in the amount, 1 and it came up 370 cals. I thought, no way, I looked and it was 1/2 that amount. I checked again, and how I did not notice it but guess what, the program was right. I did have 1/2 plus the other half that made up for 1 cookie. The worse part is that it was not even that good, lol

ohhhhhhhh well, just another path in my new journey and I know that road will meet soon, the road to success

have a great night :happy:

hellocc
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :yawn: just stopping by to see how everyone is doing.. it 9:35 p.m. everything is quite here tonight.. will we went shopping and the girls and i pick up fruit we can't even say the name and i never herad of some of them we are doing a lot of fruit latele and trying new things.we did some walkin tonight mydughter went up to the school track and when she got around a bit it started to down pour but she kept on going. it wasn't a cold rain so it was kinda of funny.well everyone have a nice night and my prayers out to family were needed...love debbie and family
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    My brother, Ken made it thorough the surgery fine but is in alot of pain. They won't get the biopsy results back until Tuesday. Thanks to all of you who have him on your prayer list. :flowerforyou:

I didn't exercise today as it was my usual mowing day. But I couldn't get the lawnmower to start.... so I didn't have those extra calories to work with. We took the inlaws out for supper at the local greasy spoon and I still I managed to only go over by 54 calories. Still not equal to my BMR. Whew! I weighed and measured and haven't lost a pound or an inch since last week. :grumble: I was expecting SOMETHING!

Saturday is my niece's baby shower ~ ANOTHER chance to overindulge, but I plan to stick with fruit.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Hi to all on this thread,

I was going to start up on a different motivational challenge thread but then I saw the 50+ group & was more interested in this one mainly because I will be turning 50 this October & have had back surgery summer before last.:tongue: I ride my incumbent bike at home for 30 to 50 minutes a day lately. I'm feeling better now & think I can go for long walk again.

Do you think I qualify for this weight loss thread? I hope so. Please let me know what I need to do? I hope I'm not to late to join?:sad: :sad:

Thanks to all:flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hi to all on this thread,

I was going to start up on a different motivational challenge thread but then I saw the 50+ group & was more interested in this one mainly because I will be turning 50 this October & have had back surgery summer before last.:tongue: I ride my incumbent bike at home for 30 to 50 minutes a day lately. I'm feeling better now & think I can go for long walk again.

Do you think I qualify for this weight loss thread? I hope so. Please let me know what I need to do? I hope I'm not to late to join?:sad: :sad:

Thanks to all:flowerforyou:

Of course you qualify. We welcome all, and as far as age, it is not like being "carded" in a bar. You don't have to "prove" you are old enough and have enough infirmities to "qualify." :laugh: You are most welcome!! You will find this is a great group of ladies:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • momof10
    Options
    :glasses: good morning i can not believe i am just getting going it is 10:28 and i just got out of bed an hour ago.. we have been up late the past few nights.. my breakfast iis good today cottage cheese and a peach.. lots of fruits this weekend..ok i just wanted to say good mornin today
    mini goals
    walk the sun is out
    fruit
    jounarl

love debbie and family
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone!

Well, I can now jog 15 minutes without stopping. That's a huge gain for me. So far, I'm jogging indoors on a flat surface...kinda slow...but it's not walking.:laugh:

All of your troubles weigh on my heart. Things do get better with time usually. I hope brother Ken's biopsy turns out good.

Another hot day-drink plenty of water.

Bonnie
  • momof10
    Options
    :drinker: water break so thought i would check in wilh everyone.. i have done some walking this morning and now i am going to go out side and doing lots of gardening that has become behind because of all the rain again. i haveen't been able to have any tag/craft sales thats not good. i am doing good with the water tonday that has become easy now ok my prayers and thoughts are with use and yours famly love debbie and family

walk
    drink water
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI ALL,

ZAZA, HOPE THINGS ARE GOING BETTER FOR YOU . YOUR POST SOUNDS UPBEAT. JUT TAKE THAT NASTY WORD "TRY" OUT OF YOUR HEAD AND SUBSTITUTE WILL. I JUST KNOW THAT YOU
    WILL BE MAKING BETTER EATING CHOICES, OF COURSE YOU WILL.:flowerforyou:

HEATHER, HOW WONDERFUL TO HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER RECEIVE A HUMANITARIAN AWARD. ALSO THE WORDS OF THE TEACHER, WHAT A COMPLIMENT TO YOU.:heart: LET US KNOW HOW
    YOUR SON DID ON HIS TEST.

VICKI, HOPE YOUR DAY WAS FUN. :smile:

MARIE, YOU ARE DOING GREAT WITH THE EXERCISE. WOW, BIKE RIDING, SWIMMING AND BL BOOTCAMP DVD. FANTASTIC.:flowerforyou:

LYNN, GOOD FOR YOU. DON'T LET DEPRESSION ROB YOU OF YOUR GOALS.:flowerforyou:

ESTHER, :heart: MISSED YOU. DO HOPE THINGS START GETTING BETTER FOR YOU.:flowerforyou:

DEBBIE, YOU ARE DOWN 5LBS NOW.:flowerforyou: EXCELLENT, YOU ARE DOING GREAT. KEEP EATING THOSE VEGGIES AND FRUITS. GLAD THE FAMILY IS SUPPORTING YOU IN YOUR EFFORTS.

BONNIE, TO BE ABLE TO JOG INDOORS OR OUT, SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. GLAD FOR YOU.:flowerforyou:

IKNOWICAN, WELCOME. 9 POUNDS GONE.:flowerforyou: YOU ARE OFF TO A GOOD START.

SUSAN, VERY GLAD FOR KEN. WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR HIM. STAY ON TRACK. SOMETIMES OUR BODIES DON'T COOPERATE, BUT IT WILL ALL EQUAL OUT IN THE END IF YOU JUST KEEP GOING.:flowerforyou:

HELLOCC, SO SORRY FOR YOUR SISTER. IT'S HARD TO KEEP THINGS FROM YOUR MOM.
    IF YOU DO GO OVER YOUR CALORIES, TRY TO MAKE SURE IT IS WITH VEGGIES AND FRUIT AND NOT FATTENING TREATS. :heart:

BARB, CONGRATS ON ANOTHER POUND GONE. EACH POUND GONE BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO YOUR GOAL. :flowerforyou:

LAURIE, I'M HAPPY TO HEAR YOU DID THE RIGHT THING IN GETTING THE LAP BAND SURGERY.
    I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION.:flowerforyou:

ROSEMARY, GREAT THAT YOU HAVE A PLAN FOR YOUR VACATION. WAY TO GO. ANOTHER 3LBS
    GONE, WONDERFUL.:flowerforyou:

PATSIGIRL, ANOTHER 4LBS :flowerforyou: GLAD YOU ARE ENCOURAGED BY THE WEIGHT LOSS.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE.:flowerforyou:
    :heart: ANNE
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,
    Just wanted to check in before turning in for the night. I had a very busy day. Did some errands. Then mowed the lawn. My dad gave us some bricks from his house that he was not using to put around our pool. So for 3 hours we hauled bricks, hauled sand, cut grass. I also grilled some meat for supper and for tomorrow. Wore my HRM the whole time. When I recorded it was 1400 calories for the 3 hours. Also went for a swim after but did not even record that. I hope all of you continue to do well. Debbie the yard work burns a lot of calories so keep it up. I am thinking of doing my neighbors lawns. LOL. Talk to you ladies tomorrow.
    Vicki
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning everyone and a big hearty welcome to the new members that have joined us:flowerforyou:

Yesterday I did laundry, cleaning, cut the grass, swam and got in a bike ride (when it got a little cooler in the evening:bigsmile: ) My knee is still being a pest so I had to baby it a little but I still perservered. Today the sun is shining again and that further inspires me to get outside and enjoy it especially since the forecast is for rain for the next 5 days! My DH discovered the problem with my bicycle seat was the angle it was positioned at (when we raised it) so it is not so uncomfortable and makes for a much improved ride. Oh, it is the little things in life that makes me so happy these days:smile:

Plans are coming along for our next camping adventure:bigsmile: It is a yearly music festival that we have attended now for 29 years (we had a few years in there when someone had the nerve to get married that weekend and we couldn't attend the festival:grumble: ...) but we enjoy attending it and look forward to it each and every year. We have met some wonderful people and only get to visit with them at that event. It is always a good time:laugh:

It is hard to believe that June is almost over:noway: Time sure does go by so quickly. Best wishes for everyone to have a super day filled with happy times...remember to do something nice for yourself...you deserve it:flowerforyou:

Cheers:drinker: :drinker:

Marie:heart:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,
    Just wanted to check in before turning in for the night. I had a very busy day. Did some errands. Then mowed the lawn. My dad gave us some bricks from his house that he was not using to put around our pool. So for 3 hours we hauled bricks, hauled sand, cut grass. I also grilled some meat for supper and for tomorrow. Wore my HRM the whole time. When I recorded it was 1400 calories for the 3 hours. Also went for a swim after but did not even record that. I hope all of you continue to do well. Debbie the yard work burns a lot of calories so keep it up. I am thinking of doing my neighbors lawns. LOL. Talk to you ladies tomorrow.
    Vicki

Vicki I am curious what kind of HRM you have? Mine is the Polar F6 (with the chest strap) and no matter how much exercise, yard work, shovelling snow or snowshoeing etc could I ever get that many calories recorded...I wonder if there is something wrong with mine....

Marie
  • momof10
    Options
    :flowerforyou: flowers from my garden to all. slow morning here today. going to work in a little and bringing one grandchild back home. will this morning we are eating mangos we have never tried them i have to say i like it. so we will pick up more of these.. my hubby is out deep sea fishing today so fresh fish tonight. cod and haddock they are out of gloceters mass. we are having more rain today but when i get home i am going for a walk. does everyone eat yogart and if so what kind and if not how come.. i am trying them also. eggs to how do everyone eat eggs or not and why ok thoughts and prayers with all hope everyone has a nice day love debbie and family
  • vickim26
    Options
    Yours may be more accurate than mine because of the chest strap constantly monitoring you heart rate. Mine is a watch type, sportline. I have to press and check heart rate very often so it is not as accuarte. I do not chart all of the calories that it shows on a day like yesterday because of this. I dont eat my exercise calories anyway so it really does not matter. Mine does come very close to the machines at the gym most days though. How is your heart rate. Do you get it up like it should be. I notice that my calories are much more the more my heart rate is. When I ride my bike or do yardwork or the elliptical at the gym my heart rate goes the highest. On the treadmill I have to do a lot to get my heart rate high. Yesterday I just wore my watch for those 3 hours and pressed the heart rate every now and then so those numbers are not usual. I hope this helps.
    Vicki
  • vickim26
    Options
    Debbie I eat yogurt and eggs. I usually pan fry my eggs with a cooking spray. Adds no calories and I like them this way. Like to dip my toast or english muffin in the yellow. I use whole grain for both of these. I eat yoplait low fat yogurt 100 calories a serving. They have many flavors and all of the ones I tried are good. There are many types of yogurt so just try them until you get one you like. My granddaughters love it also. sometimes I have to hide to eat it so they dont eat it all. LOL. You are doing so well. Keep up the good work.
    Vicki