50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Thanks for the info

I have just been calling that a "suezzzque" day:wink:

I wasn't very good to myself this weekend and my tummy is letting me know in no uncertain terms!!
    Not that I was horrible but off track a bit. Back at it today.

Heather
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    hello everyone,

I have had a very busy weekend and wasn't very good although I really am not sure since I didn't post my food.Weekends are my down fall people always want to go out and eat or hang out at the pool with pool goodies. I am doing well today and already did boot cam this morning and will be doing a spin class tonight. I have a polar f6 heart rate monitor and it usually shows about 500 calories for 1 hr of intense workout boot camp, spin class, and tennis. So if I do two classes in a day I do have a 1000 calorie burn.

Congrats on the new grand baby she is lovely.

Suzzeee will continue to pray for your brother.

I weigh on fridays and I lost a pound this week I still have several more to lose before I am back to my ticker weight. Hope to see it lower in the next month. I still have 20 lbs. I would love to lose but it is so hard it comes off so slow goes on toooooo fasssssst:sad: :sad: :sad:

Well have a nice evening and keep strong.
    Lynn
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The reason Daniel called it a "fast" was because that's what he had to be after all that water and the fiber from those vegetables!!:laugh: Barb

Barb, you CRACK me up! :laugh:

That was the plan. Your brother is in my prayers, and I thought you could use a reason to smile right now. :smile:

Have a good week.

Barb
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    First off - I need to apologize for being so scarce on this thread. The last month has been a trial for me and I can't believe it's July tomorrow!!!! I will start a new thread for the month tomorrow morning. Any suggestions on goals for the group or should we just leave it as each one posting their own goals. I think this thread has been so helpful to keep us all motivated just by the encouragement and of course the cartoons from Kathy! :laugh:

I will go back and read the posts but wanted all of you to know that I am still alive and kicking. Mostly kicking myself :laugh:

Esther

ps - how did you do on your June goals? I failed the weightloss of 4 lbs!
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Esther,
    I have an Esther (she's 15)! It is always good to have fresh starts, whether it be a new day, a new week, or a new month! The important thing is to get going again. These are a great bunch of ladies and we all have something in common and understand how the whole process works. I'm looking forward to the July thread. Have a great day!!:flowerforyou:
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good afternoon to all and prayers going out were are needed.. what a wonderful day our weather has been so far. clouds are coming in but at least the rain is not coming down for a day. working in rain drops weeding has been interesting... will here we are the last day of the mth.. i am happy with me my ticker kept going to the right it was doing a real slow crawl but it i am very ok with that. so i am thinking really hard today what my goals will be for july..excersie is something i know i need to work on better so i am going to plan a goal on that.. and i would like to thank everyone again for all this motivation and friendship i have here.. forwhatever reason this is the first time i have stay with something and use it the right way.. and all these years of hearing how what would help i never payed attention.. will somethings really do work.. thank you ok tea break over time to clean house somemore... love debbie and family
  • TeenTchr
    TeenTchr Posts: 19
    Options
    Woohoo! I finally saw the other side 230 lbs. Next goal 225.

148904.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon ladies,
    Esther I am glad you are back. Whatever you decide on goals is fine with me. I am just so grateful to you for starting this thread in the first place. It is the perfect place for me. I just love the interaction and the motivation that I get from it. I am sorry about June for you. I hope July will be better. Have a good day ladies. Loooking forward to hearing from all of you later.
    Vicki
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow! July starts tomorrow. Even with longer days, the summer's flying by.

You all are doing so well. I'm looking forward to a loss of pounds in double digits. I've been slow jogging for 15 min. twice a day and lifting soup cans for weights.:tongue: I do feel like I'm making progress, but oh....so..... slowly.

So, what do you all eat for breakfast? Do any of you have to eat quickly to get to work by 7:30 a.m.? I have been skipping breakfast until I started this journey in late May. I can see myself getting sloppy about breakfast when school starts back in three weeks. I want to get up earlier to exercise a little bit before showering, but I don't look forward to finding time for breakfast also. Any advice?

Bonnie
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello,

Wishful I eat several different things for breakfast when I am in a rush I grab a pure protein bar it tastes like a candybar to me and it holds me until can grab a peice of fruit. I buy them at Sam's club they have 20 grams of protein and around 180 calories. Some other things I have are cottage cheese and a peice of fruit. Hard boiled eggs and sometimes I take the time to make an omlet. In the winter I make a large pot of oatmeal and pull out a serivng reheating in microwave with dried fruit. I never skip breakfast because it will get that metabolism reved up.

I can't believe it is July already where did june go. Originally I had hope to be at my goal weight by then.
    But that hasn't happened due to bad habits in time of stress. The good news is I am here and still trying maybe I will be at my goal by Sept..

Good luck to us all!!!!!

Lynn:drinker: :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Memo to everybody
    Put Trail, BC on your list of places to visit.

I have only a minute on the computer at the bookstore/internet cafe.

I miss you all and can't wait to have internet access at a campground.

We are doing well with eating but not so good with exercise (too hot) but we're having a great time.

big hugs:heart:
    Barbie
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Okay - I have gone back and read everything but I may not respond to all of you. I have made notes and hopefully I can retain what I've read :laugh: This is a group of over 50 year old women right :laugh: :laugh:

Anne: You are such an inspiration to me. You are making great choices and changing your lifestyle which is where we all want to be I think.:wink:

momof10: I go to Curves and love that it is only women. They may offer 2 weeks free - ours does from time to time. So if you have one near your home give it a try - that way you’ll know if you like it without putting any extra money out. I have done ww before and lost weight. I did enjoy it but for whatever reason I couldn’t get back into it. If you have one near you and can give it a try I think it’s a great program. The failing was on my part not WW’s!

Barbie: Glad you made it across the border safely. Enjoy.:glasses:

Vicki: good job on the weight loss! :flowerforyou: School is out here by mid-June and starts up again the day after Labor Day, which is a bummer because that's some of the nicest weather here in the NW - fall time.

Laurie: You’re sooooo close to 60# lost! You’re going to make it!:happy:

Marie: Good for you. A little exercise is better than doing nothing. It would be so easy to just tell yourself that you can just wait until you’re healed up...but, I’m glad you aren’t settling for that.:flowerforyou:

Barb: I love the 10 Commandments. I have them printed out for daily reading:-) :happy:

Nancy: It makes it worth it when people notice the result of our efforts to eat healthier. Glad you got noticed and they commented on your success.:flowerforyou:

Heather: Isn’t is great to hear that others appreciate your daughter as much as you do! I know it warms my heart when my children have been an encouragement to others.:happy:

Susie: How is your brother doing today?

IknowIcan: Welcome to this awesome thread! :happy:

Lianne: I’ll be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow with your surgery. :flowerforyou:

Diane: What a pretty little baby girl. Give her lots of hugs:heart:

Doobiedo: Come and post when you have the time. You are a busy lady and family comes first. We’ll look forward to hearing from you as your schedule permits.:smile:

Teentchr: Good for you. Congratulations. :flowerforyou: Small goals lead to Great Success!

Hope you all have a great evening. I'll get the July thread started "Late" tonight so it's there for you 'East Coast' ladies when you get up.:yawn:

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. I'm thankful fo all of you.:flowerforyou:

Esther
  • colleenannboyd
    colleenannboyd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal. All my life I have jumped around with weight, but have always managed to keep it down. I went through menopause (it's been a year) and the weight just keeps coming. No matter what I do, it won't go down. I am pretty active, too. I know that hearing what other women have to say will help.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Welcome Colleenannboyd: We're glad you found us. This is a great thread. Come back often.
    Esther
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just heard from my brother. His biopsy results say he HAS Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Next step is to see an oncologist. His wife and kids are all in shock.

I'll weigh and measure and post results tomorrow for the month of June.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Susan, I am so sorry about your brother's diagnosis. I wish there was more I could say or do - I feel for you and your family.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal. All my life I have jumped around with weight, but have always managed to keep it down. I went through menopause (it's been a year) and the weight just keeps coming. No matter what I do, it won't go down. I am pretty active, too. I know that hearing what other women have to say will help.
    colleenannboyd, welcome! :flowerforyou: I feel like we're in the same boat (close in age, menopause for a year, same weight loss goal), but you're making better progress. I obviously don't have the answers, but I can tell you what not to do.:laugh:
    Sorry, I think I'm over tired and a little punchy right now.

Welcome again. We will all get through this. We just have to keep trying and trying. Many of the ladies here have been quite successful so take inspiration from them.
    Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Options
    The July thread is started.
    See you there.
    Esther
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Just heard from my brother. His biopsy results say he HAS Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Next step is to see an oncologist. His wife and kids are all in shock.

I'll weigh and measure and post results tomorrow for the month of June.

Susan,

I am SO sorry to hear the news about your brother, but it is important to maintain a positive outlook about the future. There have been many advances in the treatment of this and other types of cancer. I hope your brother has already been eating right and living a healthy lifestyle. If not, it is time to start. The one thing that I have run across repeatedly in holistic literature related to treatment of cancer is that sugar should be avoided as it can "feed" the cancerous cells. I am NOT an expert, but there is a lot of good information out there about how to approach fighting this disease.

I wish your brother every success in overcoming this enemy, and will keep him and all your family in my prayers.

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Esther started the JULY thread for us tonight. Below is the link to get you pointed in the right direction:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/58647-women-ages-50-for-the-month-of-july

See you there.:flowerforyou:

Barb