50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• Mimis5
    Mimis5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Momof10,
    I started last October @ 268lbs. I had lapband surgery. It helps to control portion size. I eat 1200 cal.per day. I eat 3 small meals and usually 3 snacks. I did have a 3 month lapse when I really did not follow my program and I lost no weight. It's a constant battle every day to choose to eat right and keep on moving forward. If I drink anything with a meal, it washes the food I've eaten right through the band and I lose the sensation of fullness, then I can eat more and more. I have to choose every time I eat to do it right. My next goal is to get down to 200lbs, and I hope I can get there by the end of July. I'd like to hear about your journey too!.....Hugs....Laurie
  • ballred57
    ballred57 Posts: 16
    Options
    59lbs is awesome! Good luck on your next goal. I agree it's a struggle every day and this week I've dropped the ball. But the neatest thing is we can pick it up again. Tomorrow I start again. My issue is that I get busy and forget to eat, then when I'm starving at night I eat too much or the wrong things.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD THURSDAY MORNING ALL,:flowerforyou:

BONNIE, GOOD FOR YOU.:flowerforyou: CHANGING THE WAY YOU EAT, MAKING HEALTHIER CHOICES IS THE WAY TO SUCCEED. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I EAT WHOLE WHEAT PASTAS AND
    ACTUALLY ENJOY IT. (RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST).

VICKI, VERY SORRY ABOUT HEATHER. IT'S WONDERFUL THAT SHE CAN TRY AGAIN. I'M VERY GLAD SHE HERSELF IS PHYSICALLY OK. HAVING HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME SO MANY YEARS AGO, I CAN
    SAY THAT I WENT ON TO HAVE TWO HEALTHY BABIES. I STILL WONDER ABOUT THE DEAR LITTLE
    SOUL THAT WAS NOT ABLE TO JOIN ME ON THIS EARTH. THEY SAY THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING. IF WE ARE BELIEVERS , WE ACCEPT AND GO ON. SO I DID.:brokenheart:
    ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, 38LBS GONE :flowerforyou: CONGRATULATIONS ON DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB.

HEATHER, I AGREE ABOUT THE LIMO, BUT YOU ARE RIGHT TO LET YOUR DAUGHTER ENJOY IT.
    WE LIVE IN A DIFFERENT WORLD TODAY AND OUR KIDS GROW UP SO FAST. GOOD LUCK WITH
    THE NEW KITTEN. GLAD YOU ARE WORKING TOWARD GETTING IN THE EXERCISE.:flowerforyou:

LAURIE, ANOTHER 1.3. GREAT! :flowerforyou: 60 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.
    ANY REGRETS ABOUT THE LAP BAND SURGERY? I OFTEN WONDER IF IT IS WORTH IT TO HAVE THE GASTRIC BYPASS OR LAP BAND BECAUSE EVERYONE SEEMS TO STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS THEY HAD BEFORE . IF YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING SOME INSIGHT, IT MIGHT HELP SOMEONE CONSIDERING IT.

MARIE, JUST KEEP WATCHING WHAT YOU EAT AND EXERCISE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND IT WILL HAPPEN. IT WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER THAN GIVING UP.(I KNOW YOU ARE NOT EVEN THINKING OF THAT). YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.:flowerforyou:

BARB, THANKS FOR 10 COMMANDMENTS OF PERMANENT WEIGHT LOSS.

BRENDA, YOU CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF GETTING TOO BUSY. A WW MEMBER TOLD ME SHE HAD TO BY A WATCH WITH AN ALARM AND USED IT TO REMIND HERSELF IT WAS TIME TO EAT SOMETHING. OTHERWISE SHE WAS SO HUNGRY, SHE ATE ANYTHING AT ALL. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU, STOP RIGHT NOW AND THINK ABOUT HOW TO REMEDY YOUR PROBLEM.
    IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU WILL GET THE RESULTS YOU ALWAYS GOT.:smile: CHANGE IS THE ANSWER. A NEW LIFESTYLE HAS NO ROOM FOR OLD, BAD HABITS.:noway:

GOING TO VISIT MY 91 YEAR OLD FRIEND TODAY. WHAT AN INSPIRATION SHE IS. SHE HAS KEPT HER EXCESS WEIGHT OFF FOR 32 YEARS. :flowerforyou:

WISH YOU ALL A HEALTHY HAPPY DAY.
    :heart: ANNE
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    So nice to see the sun shine here. I already feel more energetic and determined. I will go to my Zumba class this morning and I will drink more water and try to make better eating choices today.

Barb, thanks for sharing the Commandments for Weight Loss. Very helpful!

Wow Laurie!! That’s an incredible weight loss. Keep up the great work!

You ladies are all so inspiring to me. I am going to pay my bills and then get off this computer and move around the house - get stuff done and then off to sweat in Zumba. Have a great day everyone!
    Zaza
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I'll be burning some extra calories today! I'm keeping my 20 month old great nephew. So I'll be pulling him in a wagon when I go for my morning walk. Check back in with you ladies later when he naps. Happy Thursday y'all! :drinker:
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :glasses: good morning everyone.. sun glasses on today waiting for the sun they say here in new england we are going to see it today.. my grandson is here this morning so i am just popping in to say good morning and to make my promise to myself my mini daily goals

to move more
    drink my water
    jounarl

and to thank everyone for the motivation and support thank you love debbie and family
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good Morning

I just wanted to say how much I agree with the others about the value of this group in our lives. For example, I just couldn't wait to get to work today to tell you about the graduation! Everything was beautiful. My baby got an award!!!!!!!! She was chosen by the faculty for the Humanitarian Award. She is a wonderful being with a big heart and I was ever so pleased that she was recognized for that. One of her teachers said that she has so many qualities that you can't learn from a book!! My cup runneth over:heart: Sadly I need toothpicks to keep my eyes open but it was all worth it. She will carry these memories with her forever.

The scale is hanging in there for me.

My son is going for his learners permit today. I don't think he feels ready but his girlfriend has convinced him otherwise. He has written already and didn't pass but I will pull for him today!

Today I will:

Get groceries so I can:
    Eat more fruit and veggies
    Drink water
    Walk for 30 minutes - might have to be sleep-walking but I'm doing it!!

Heather
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

I've got to go to the store. We're out of vegetables and fruits. Isn't it funny how those things run out so quickly now?:laugh:

Everyone have a great day. Get outdoors if the weather permits. The summer season seems to pass by so quickly.

Bonnie
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,
    Sounds like we all have plans today, grandsons, grand nephews, good friends, Need to keep busy that is good.
    Heather I am so glad the graduation was a good one. Congratulations on the award. Those things are so important. Especially one like that. good luck on the new driver. New chapter in your life. Watch out those girlfriends can convince our sons of things we never could. I know that from experience. Guess way back when we did the same thing huh. LOL.
    I have my oldest granddaughter here today. She slept over last night. And my other granddaughter that I keep each day. Not sure what our plans are yet. Hope you all have a good day. Keep up the good work. Eat right, drink water, exercise.
    Vicki
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job staying on course:smile: I absolutely love checking in with everyone on here to see how/what we are all doing. Certainly keeps each of us motivated and that is what a support system is all about:bigsmile: .

I kept busy yesterday but managed to get in a nice bike ride after the hot sun had gone down a bit. The physiotherapist suggested raising my bike seat to see if that will help my knee. So my DH adjusted the seat for me and I am not so sure it helped my knee but I know that my bottom was uncomfortable so might have to adjust again:wink: I just love to ride my bike and have the cool(er) breeze blowing against me. It is invigorating:happy: I try to stay off the busier sections of the road/highways and keep to the side streets...safer that is. I also started swimming laps and doing exercises in the pool so yesterday was a good exercise day:bigsmile:

Another warm day here today but I plan on getting a workoiut in with BL Bootcamp DVD. I am sure that Bob has put a APB out on me:laugh: :laugh: I will probably have to modify it a bit of the heat and to not aggravate my knee but I will do my very best. I will also drink lots and lots of water and get back to logging my food intake on here( I have been not so diligent with that lately).

:drinker: :drinker: Cheers and warmest wishes to all:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

So sorry to hear about your loss we will continue to pray for your daughter.:flowerforyou: I am plugging away I weigh tomorrow hope for a loss I gained weight during the time I was a way. To bad it goes on so much easier than it goes off.:sad: :sad: I am struggling with a little depression due to all the family illness but am making a valiant effort not to eat poorly!:huh: With all that goes on I still have so much to be thankful for.:smile::smile: I have tennis tonight which is a great way to burn some calories. Well must get moving having lunch with the love of my life ( my husband of 22 yrs) Have a great day and eat well move often and drink drink drink water of course!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies. I'm back. I have been in a slump for a couple of weeks. There are some things going on that have put me in a fog and I'm really trying to get through that fog into the clear air again! I've done terrible with my eating but have continued to workout. I know that my goal is out of reach at this time but I'm still trying.

I'll go back and read when I have time and try to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well.

Esther
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hey Ester I've been thinking of you. I hope things clear up for you.

Heather
  • Mimis5
    Mimis5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Anne.
    No, Absolutely no regrets about the surgery. It has helped me immensely. I have so little self control without it. I've tried so many times to lose weight, and can never seem to stay on track. Right now I'm having difficulty feeling full, so I need to get an adjustment and have the band tightened. Today was the first time in ages that I didn't follow the program and ate and drank what I wanted. I have been craving fried seafood, so I totally indulged! I decided to have it and be done with it. It was so good! I will probably not do that again for a long time. It's ok to indulge once in a great while. I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm going on Vacation for a week. I sure need the rest! Hugs to all......Laurie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I will be on vacation til July 3. It is going to be rough next week with no computer. I made up a CHART SIMILAR TO THE MFP CHART AND MADE 7 COPIES TO KEEP TRACK OF MY FOOD, EXERCISE AND WATER. I AVE A MENU PLAN AND PRAY I CAN STICK TO IT. Everyone take care and stay strong and motivated. I will keep everyone in my prayers, Rosemary
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Rosemary: Planning ahead is a key to staying on track. You're headed in the right direction. Stay focused.
  • momof10
    Options
    good morning to everyone.. i would like to start my thread off by saying my family have many prayers and thoughts with the fawcett and jackson familys and it had us all talking last night on how much we all mean to each other being 56 and of corse loveing music the jackson have been a part of our music life. my older children are 37 35 33 31 some of them were really upset.. my daughter bobbie wanted to let me know she was glad that i have started walking and working on being more healthy..so she would like us to walk together a few times a week.. she is 33.. i hope everyone is going to have a good day.. today i am planing our weekend ends meals we will be going shopping this morning and my list has lots of fruits and vegs.. ok 8 am my tea is almost gone... love debbie and family
  • momof10
    Options
    this weeks family photo to share is myself and allysa she is 18. she went to the ymca with me and she promise to do that with me a few times a week...
    mini day goals
    walk water choice healthy food choices and to remember to say i love you
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, the 4th is next week. We hope to have all the family together. So are you planning barbeques?

Bonnie
  • Patsigirl
    Patsigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello ladies, My second week on SB and I lost 4 pounds. It's so hot here in north Georgia but last night was unusual, cool enough to open the house to sleep. I'm just about ready to close up because it's 75º already. Supposed to hit 94º again. Got lots of yard work done this week, cut trees, shrubs, mowed. All the Altheas are in bloom (Rose of Sharon) and we have them all colors. My favorite is called "Blushing Bride", a pale,pale pink.
    Today I got to eat real oatmeal and discovered that I couldn't finish the bowl. So, I'm entering phase 2 of SB and am very encouraged with a two-week loss of 10 pounds.:smile:

229395.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter