why do you only accept males or females as friends on MFP?

Options
I've seen a few woman that flatly refuse to add men as friends. Why is this?

My opinion is they're fake, they're men posing as women to get more female friends and hope they'll say/do something. It is the internet after all.... :huh:

EDIT: nevermind, this 13 page thread answered all my questions:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/542132-women-who-don-t-accept-male-friend-requests

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that everyone is free to use the site as they see fit,each one has different wants and reasons and that overt hinking things is a self destructive habit.

Hope this helps. :smile:
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I accept both and I am glad I have as some of my best supports on here are male. That being said I do kind of understand why some girls don't want to accept men. I have personally had to delete some as they aren't being your 'friend' on here for support or motivation but more of a place to meet girls.. I think it is an odd place to try and meet girls. Sometimes it can also put people off from wanting to put their weights or pictures of themself as it can make them more embarrassed. :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I know this is hard to believe but people have relationships outside of the internet. Sometimes it complicates thing with a signifigant other to have friends of the opposite sex.
    Or maybe they have progress pics in a bikini or underwear that they choose to only show to female friends.
    Bottom line is - why are you upset because someone rejects your internet friendship request. Are you as annoyed if the rejector is male?
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I accept both and I am glad I have as some of my best supports on here are male. That being said I do kind of understand why some girls don't want to accept men. I have personally had to delete some as they aren't being your 'friend' on here for support or motivation but more of a place to meet girls.. I think it is an odd place to try and meet girls. Sometimes it can also put people off from wanting to put their weights or pictures of themself as it can make them more embarrassed. :)

so a woman would be embarrassed if a guy on the internet saw their weight or "before" photos, but if another woman sees it that's ok?

..... i guess, that.... makes sense........ I would think it's all or nothing, unless i was trying to MFP like a dating website, then of course i wouldn't want women to know my weight....... wait, it doesn't report your weight, only how much you lose, right?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few woman that flatly refuse to add men as friends. Why is this?

This offends you why?
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I know this is hard to believe but people have relationships outside of the internet. Sometimes it complicates thing with a signifigant other to have friends of the opposite sex.
    Or maybe they have progress pics in a bikini or underwear that they choose to only show to female friends.
    Bottom line is - why are you upset because someone rejects your internet friendship request. Are you as annoyed if the rejector is male?

jealously! Ok that makes sense, if their bf/gf/wife/husband is standing there with a stick saying "don't you dare add any men/women on the internet!" i can see why they wouldn't add them, i had one of those relationships.... it didn't last, surprise

yes, it's annoying, to be told "i don't want to know you", no matter who it's from
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why do some people keep their profiles private so their non-friends can only see their avatars? They must be fake.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Some people prefer the company of certain people.... I'm open minded as to who I accept as friends but almost as a default will be more keen to accept/add people around my age & into music/video games or alternative culture. I don't see this as much different to people choosing to add guys/girls... though some people have had bad experiences on this website where male members (and female members) 'chase' them online. I've heard of peoples experiences and I totally understand why they'd be sceptical of adding a member of the opposite sex ever again.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I only accept males or females.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I accept cash.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    i'm seeing a lot of "You are ignoring this user" posts on here, sorry if i don't reply, it's because i'm ignoring you for whatever reason
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I only accept males or females.

Yep; me, too.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    because maybe some of the females get tired of being hit on by guys, or getting downright creepy messages via PM.

i accept and encourage creepy messages of course :smile:
  • CoachMaritova
    Options
    i'm seeing a lot of "You are ignoring this user" posts on here, sorry if i don't reply, it's because i'm ignoring you for whatever reason

wow.
  • yesiamaduck
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.

Hey sister! The same can be said about the women *snaps fingers*

The world will be a better place once we accept the world is full of douche canoes and they come in different shapes and sizes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm an android.
  • yesiamaduck
    Options
    I'm an android.

Beep beep?
  • CoachMaritova
    Options
    I accept cash.

I saw a church sign once in Atlanta that said, "We accept all denominations... especially 50's and 100's."

no joke.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am very consistent in that I deny most friend requests.