why do you only accept males or females as friends on MFP?

Options

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    i'm seeing a lot of "You are ignoring this user" posts on here, sorry if i don't reply, it's because i'm ignoring you for whatever reason

wow.

you have 300+ posts, you should know there are a LOT of trolls on the MFP forums. I just ignore them, it's easier that way.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'm an android.

Beep beep?

quit the dirty talk :smile:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    it's because i'm ignoring you for whatever reason

Good idea.

A plonk for OP.
  • Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    Options
    I accept those that motivate me and I motivate them. So of course this happens after you add them as a friend or they add you. I will delete those that are just there for their own personal motivator and have nothing to give back. I don't care if a guy sees my before picture as long as my after picture looks much better LOL
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    i'm seeing a lot of "You are ignoring this user" posts on here, sorry if i don't reply, it's because i'm ignoring you for whatever reason

I just died.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    You only have 170 posts..why so many ignores?

Back to the original question - you would be surprised at how many creepy dudes even here want to add you as a friend and then send messages about how they want to send nude pics of themselves - or want YOU to. Not saying there aren't female creepers...but I havent had this from any women. I still add men as friends but I am selective and delete with extreme swiftness.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I accept both and I am glad I have as some of my best supports on here are male. That being said I do kind of understand why some girls don't want to accept men. I have personally had to delete some as they aren't being your 'friend' on here for support or motivation but more of a place to meet girls.. I think it is an odd place to try and meet girls. Sometimes it can also put people off from wanting to put their weights or pictures of themself as it can make them more embarrassed. :)

so a woman would be embarrassed if a guy on the internet saw their weight or "before" photos, but if another woman sees it that's ok?

..... i guess, that.... makes sense........ I would think it's all or nothing, unless i was trying to MFP like a dating website, then of course i wouldn't want women to know my weight....... wait, it doesn't report your weight, only how much you lose, right?

It does make sense, I don't know why but alot of women feel more comfortable with women.. My mum said to me the other day to go to the spa and that I shouldnt feel uncomfortable because it's only women in there. PERSONALLY.. I feel just as uncomfortable with women as I would men lol. Just the way some people work!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I only accept :heart:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

wow.

you have 300+ posts, you should know there are a LOT of trolls on the MFP forums. I just ignore them, it's easier that way.

Since he hasn't responded to me, I assume I'm being ignored. Which makes me think some people don't understand what the word "troll" means on a forum. I don't see any in this thread.

Well, I see one and it's ironic. I love irony.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.

agreed
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Why do some people keep their profiles private so their non-friends can only see their avatars? They must be fake.

oh_snap.gif
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I think this applies to this thread...

attachment.php?attachmentid=615781&stc=1&d=1313165072
  • loseweightjames
    Options

I just died.

lol

come on everyone, i'm kidding, calm down ;) i am seeing a few ignore user replies though, so they are lurking, but if i don't reply its prolly cuz i cant reply to everyone ;)
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    I dont see an issue here but i dont have many friend requests either! haha
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm an android.

Beep beep?

BEEP!!!!
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.

agreed

absolutely. NO we don't want pics of your c*ck. unless we ask for it specifically.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm an android.

Beep beep?

BEEP!!!!

Beep off you beeping beepidy beep beep beep
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I don't care who wants to be friends on here, I'll add you. I see it that we are all here for support and I don't see a reason to refuse anyone.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options

agreed

absolutely. NO we don't want pics of your c*ck. unless we ask for it specifically.

Some men are proud farmers
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem w either, except in 1 case. Some chick accepted ev1, then promoted voting for her on some site to get her in some pictorial deal or sumthn, then right after the voting she cuts all the supposed guy friends - that was kinda cheap :grumble: