why do you only accept males or females as friends on MFP?

Options

Replies

• JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I accept both and I am glad I have as some of my best supports on here are male. That being said I do kind of understand why some girls don't want to accept men. I have personally had to delete some as they aren't being your 'friend' on here for support or motivation but more of a place to meet girls.. I think it is an odd place to try and meet girls. Sometimes it can also put people off from wanting to put their weights or pictures of themself as it can make them more embarrassed. :)

so a woman would be embarrassed if a guy on the internet saw their weight or "before" photos, but if another woman sees it that's ok?

..... i guess, that.... makes sense........ I would think it's all or nothing, unless i was trying to MFP like a dating website, then of course i wouldn't want women to know my weight....... wait, it doesn't report your weight, only how much you lose, right?

:huh:

WTF does it matter. The hell you got pannies in a wad cause someone ON THE INTERNET doesn't want to friend you!?
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    To answer the topic question.........Because they are the only 2 options.....
  • brian1229
    brian1229 Posts: 28
    Options
    I am friends with people I have a lot in common with, so in my case this tends to be mothers, especially SAHM mothers, people who eat a lower carb/higher protein diet, or enjoy the same workouts as me. I have never had a male request, but would definitely accept if he I thought he could help/inspire me.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem w either, except in 1 case. Some chick accepted ev1, then promoted voting for her on some site to get her in some pictorial deal or sumthn, then right after the voting she cuts all the supposed guy friends - that was kinda cheap :grumble:

you promised not to tell..... :laugh:
    Haha, there's a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. You're doing it the right way Bry! :wink:

vote for me!!! Wait, what's the contest??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone, now weather I KEEP everyone may be a different story......:)

THIS. I have found I will accept anyone......I will delete you if you aren't around or if you keep posting "why am I not losing weight" and refuse to try to change and take input given.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I only accept females because I am married and have 5 sons and a 2 year old daughter. My day is full of guy stuff and talk. Now, I love all of that...but it is nice to have a girl area. So, my wall are all females....but I do come on here and talk to males and females.

Also, it is nice to post something personal (like my period or my bad gas) on my wall and not have men see it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem w either, except in 1 case. Some chick accepted ev1, then promoted voting for her on some site to get her in some pictorial deal or sumthn, then right after the voting she cuts all the supposed guy friends - that was kinda cheap :grumble:

I would have called bull**** the moment they started plugging something like that

maybe thats the woman i deleted yesterday... she drove me crazy i hate people selling stuff on here! x
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    *clicks on OP profile*

*sees that is private*

:huh:

Oh.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I reject all invites because I am only here with my fiancee. Have enough friends in the "real" world.

Then why are you posting on the message boards?
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I saw a woman that only accepted men. She basically said other women are too catty and only try to judge and tear you down.

I, myself, will accept either, but I am pretty selective and will weed out people really quickly.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Out of love and respect for my wife I only have guy friends I have seen how guys and girls act at times on the mighty interweb and I really dont want the hassle
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'll take anyone... however I won't write "way to go" everyday on every accomplishment... if I have something worth your time I'll post it or send it to you.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I accept FR's from just about everyone as long as there is a note in the FR. Although if you send me a nice note in the FR then follow it up after I accept with a "hey wanna see my d!ck" PM...you're gonna get deleted faster than you can whip it out. Just sayin'...
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't have any friends on here. Well, I have one but shes my friend outside of MPF. I'm one of those people who don't need friends to help motivate me and I'm way too busy with life and trying to lose weight to really try and make any more friends than I already have or motivate them. It's selfish in a way but I'm ok with that. I wouldn't want people wondering why I added them as friends and then don't comment on anything. I've added people but then just end up deleting them after I realize all my attention is else where. I do try and post though when I can!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends are female... only one male. That's because men haven't been very supportive in the past or they have been creepy with me... i've had a few bad experiences with men on here. Has put me off a bit...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Plus I would never accept a FR from the OP after the whole "there should be weight brackets for races" posts.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I guess this is pretty much directed at the married or seriously involved women that state that they dont need male interaction. I thinks its probably a good idea to be honest. I probably wouldnt have wanted my wife to feel the need get encouragement/interaction from a guy that wasnt in her life before me - that should be my role more than anyones.

I don't have male MFP friends to have someone to encourage me. I have people on my FL who I find funny or interesting as human beings. Most of the men are happily married and it's no different to me than if we were all at a party and having interesting conversations.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I reject all invites because I am only here with my fiancee. Have enough friends in the "real" world.

Then why are you posting on the message boards?

Didn't know it was a requirement to have online friends in order to post on forums.

Hmmm.....lemme read MFP's policy on this.

Nope not there.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I treat both my male friends and female friends as brothers and sisters, and have a lot of love in my heart for both. I accept friends request from both females and males and havn't been rejected by anyone yet.
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm equally selective on who I add. It's more common for women to have the health problems I deal with, so I'm more apt to add females just because of that. However, I'd be kind of a hypocritical arsehat if I discriminated simply on someone's gender identity. Everyone's got equal capacity to be a friend...or a jerk.