why do you only accept males or females as friends on MFP?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Plus I would never accept a FR from the OP after the whole "there should be weight brackets for races" posts.

I'm just trying to add up how many of my female friends deleted the guy because of his creepy posts. I know it's a few.

But of course, he's just here for his fiancee...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    thx..... i just spit water all over my keyboard.......... :flowerforyou:

Mission Accomplished :bigsmile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I reject all invites because I am only here with my fiancee. Have enough friends in the "real" world.

Then why are you posting on the message boards?

Didn't know it was a requirement to have online friends in order to post on forums.

Hmmm.....lemme read MFP's policy on this.

Nope not there.

Do your "real world" friends know you're this smug?

Yep...does yours?

Now you're just not making sense. Clearly your personality must be better suited to physical interaction.
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I accept anyone who is willing to motivate me
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have 1 male friend (I had another but deleted him) but the majority of mine are women. My only reasoning behind that really is that diet and exercise for a man would probably be quite different to what I'm doing. For example, some of my friends come from threads where they're looking for people similar to them (short girls with lots to lose for example).
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I only accept FRs with some promise of future bing-bang-boom. I make all friend requests with it clearly stated that by accepting my FR you acknowledge your requirement to provide me with entertainment and accept that I will probably post innuendoes on your wall. That is non-gender-specific. I am an equal opportunity lecher.

HEY!

I didn't see that in our agre.....oh

Okay.

I see it.

:embarassed:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I only accept women mainly because we obviously share the same weight/body type issues, plus i can talk about my period or boobs without feeling weird. haha
    I do have some guys like my hubby, friends hubby and friends brother, but they cool. :] yay double standards!
  • KaraB1987
    KaraB1987 Posts: 22
    Options
    I accept both but seem to only get FR from females. I guess I don't show enough T&A...

lol SOO true!!! This is not a dating site lol
  • melcam_2000
    melcam_2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I personally like to add people who have an open food diary. I think it's interesting to see what people eat. It helps keep me focused.
  • bee1248
    bee1248 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have only female friends because I like to have things in common with the people I am friends with. Most of my friends are other brides who are trying to get in shape and most of them have similar goals to me. It's nice to surround myself with others that have a similar goal.

Also I haven't ever received a request from a man. Not opposed to them if they're friendly :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I reject all invites because I am only here with my fiancee. Have enough friends in the "real" world.

Didn't know it was a requirement to have online friends in order to post on forums.

Nope not there.

Yep...does yours?

Now you're just not making sense. Clearly your personality must be better suited to physical interaction.

I'm so glad you think you know so much about me based of a few sentences. Maybe you shouldn't concern yourself with other people and stop being a busy body.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.
    Interesting that it is impossible for a female to be a douche canoe. Good to know.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I wish I could puke rainbow logic.

And...

... I wish I could be my own friend.

Cause I love... ME.

*hugs self*
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    becasue us females are so hot we dont need you men messing with our weighloss and hotness, Duh. :wink:
    We're friends which means...I...am...a...girl?
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    becasue us females are so hot we dont need you men messing with our weighloss and hotness, Duh. :wink:

best answer so far
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Nope not there.

Yep...does yours?

I'm so glad you think you know so much about me based of a few sentences. Maybe you shouldn't concern yourself with other people and stop being a busy body.

You're not honestly trying to tell me what to do are you? I'm starting to wonder if you have any friends at all in the "real world".
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.
    Interesting that it is impossible for a female to be a douche canoe. Good to know.

Lmao!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Douche canoe is considered a "male" term...the "female" equivalent is "*kitten* waffle".
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I don't see where I said it was impossible for a female to be a douche canoe.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Plus I would never accept a FR from the OP after the whole "there should be weight brackets for races" posts.

I'm just trying to add up how many of my female friends deleted the guy because of his creepy posts. I know it's a few.

But of course, he's just here for his fiancee...

huh, i didn't see that, they must be on my troll ignore-user list