Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009

Options
Hi everyone.............

New Month, new forum for us........

Spring and Summer are upon us and there is an abundance of goodness all around us........

Fresh veggies and fruits galore!!!!!

Keep on truckin along to success!!!

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Lioness!! Yay for summertime :drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi MT Girl!!!

I am going to a Naturopath tomorrow to find out why I am not losing weight any longer.............

i am excited!!!
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lioness! Thanks for your upbeat outlook! Lord knows I need it today....
    Good luck with the Naturopath!

I know I need to find local farmers markets... they should be opening again!

Ileana
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to bump to get on my topics. Lets June be a Good and wonderful month for us carbers. I di gget to the store and got me some fresh tomatoes. big box of strawberries and whipping cream and some cottage cheese. I think I will make it now.
    Lioness keep us inform on you visit to the naturopath, Let us know what he says.
    calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Thanks Lioness! Thanks for your upbeat outlook! Lord knows I need it today....
    Good luck with the Naturopath!

I know I need to find local farmers markets... they should be opening again!

Ileana

How about finding a CSA and getting a membership with that??? Get local veggies and fruits delivered to you every week for your share.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! i hadn't heard of that. I had only periodically gone to farmers markets! Thanks Lioness!

ileana
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    There was a potluck at work today.
    I made the yummiest dip!
    :heart:
    1 block cream cheese
    1 small can salsa (I used Embassa)
    1/2 cup grated cheddar
    1 can chopped olives
    Mix it all up!
    :heart:
    You could add some green chilies, different cheeses, chili powder, green onions or whatever. I was just trying to avoid going to the store. :wink:
    It's good with celery & red pepper strips for dipping. Then I found Town House Pretzel Crackers at WMart. They're really good. Fewer calories & carbs than most crackers & I expected to have some left over, so I wanted them to be as good as possible.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here is another good dip that my daughter make/

I pkg of finely shedded cheese
    mayo
    dice onions
    diced japlopeno peppers she used the pickle kinds.

She didn't give any amt. Just dump till it looks good.

Georg--- I am going to look for the town house pretels. when i go to Wal mart Wed. Hope the carbs are low enought that i can have more than just one. Your dip sounds good also. I love dips

Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I know the carbs in almost all crackers are too much for me. And the sodium and sugars in regular crackers in the grocery stores are just too much.

When I want a "cracker" - I eat Wasa Fiber crispbread. I found these in the Deli section of Schnucks grocery store...........

1 cracker will fill you up, I put a slice of deli meat, cheese, mustard and make a make shift sandwich, or chicken salad, tuna salad, etc.........

Calories: 35
    Sodium: 60
    Total Carbohydates: 8g
    Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Sugar 0g
    Protein 1g

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/leanlioness/WasaTableCrackers.jpg

Here is the info on the Townhouse Pretzel Crackers........There is no fiber in those crackers......

Calories 70 Calories from Fat 30

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 3.5g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
    Monounsaturated Fat 1g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 200mg 8%
    Potassium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 1g
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    WasaTableCrackers.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lioness, Will look for those crackers. I broke down and had 2 pieces of white bread for lunch. I usally keep whole wheat bread in the freezer but since i am waching my carbs I haven't bought no bread for me. My husband still eat white bread. Oh that sandwich was so good. along with a bowl of fresh strawberries. And I don't feel guilty about it. I may have to go back and count my calories. for meat is not my way of eating. I got to get this work out, somehow. Will stick to the carb plan tonight. My blood sugar is running good now or was. See how it is tonight.

Jerry and I went out and pick out some carpet this morning. they will be out Thurs. to measure the room. We got a pretty blue color. We wont get it lay before Jerry brother and his wife get here but I feel better just to know its on its way.

Everybody have a nice day.
    Calie
  • Jonquility
    Options
    Hello CC Peeps,
    I am new to Fitness Pal and the message boards. I have been on a LC way of eating just since Sunday. I was doing it on my own but only after one day of LC eating, I realized I need to get support online from people who have knowledge and experience to share to a newbie as myself. I have alot of weight to lose. (over 100 lbs) :noway: but I have no one to blame but myself.
    I hope to be active in the forum and please don't be upset if I have questions. Sometimes silly ones too I'm afraid.

So, I'm just popping in but will be back Wednesday with a more indept introduction. I have to get back to work for now.

Have a blessed, cheat free day!

Jonquility
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello CC Peeps,
    I am new to Fitness Pal and the message boards. I have been on a LC way of eating just since Sunday. I was doing it on my own but only after one day of LC eating, I realized I need to get support online from people who have knowledge and experience to share to a newbie as myself. I have alot of weight to lose. (over 100 lbs) :noway: but I have no one to blame but myself.
    I hope to be active in the forum and please don't be upset if I have questions. Sometimes silly ones too I'm afraid.

So, I'm just popping in but will be back Wednesday with a more indept introduction. I have to get back to work for now.

Jonquili

Welcome Jonquill, You will like it here. I am learning all sorts of new things. A whole new life for me. Be looking forward to hearing more from you. Hae a geat day.
    calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hello CC Peeps,

Jonquility
    \

Hi and welcome to the group!!!

We welcome all new comers and questions!! No question is silly...............we share menus, tips, recipes and advice. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Are you following a "book" plan for low carbing or are you just eating more naturally and making your own plan??:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

It went well with the Naturopath yesterday and I am on a vitamin regime for thyroid support and was prescribed pro-biotics and amino acids for getting my adrenal glands, thyroid and pituitary gland back on track..............I am also on a diabetic support formula, I am getting off the Metformin and going to go about this in a holistic approach.

The urine and saliva test they performed tested positive for heavy metals, such as Mercury.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Where is everyone at today???
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    BusyBusyBusyBusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusyBusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusy
    Busy
    :sad:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    BusyBusyBusyBusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusyBusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusyBusy
    BusyBusy
    Busy
    :sad:

Me too!!!

I am finding that the natural meds from the Naturopath seem to be working good and fast!!!

I am up at 2:45 am and feeling GREAT!!!! Now if the weight will just start going away again. I am eating right and now starting to feel good again, please weight fall off of me!!!

It's getting hot outside and the extra blubber makes me even hotter....................and miserable. Nevermind that it hurts for me to walk and work out.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just got Back from my walk. It is still rather chilly outside this morning but expectted to warm up.
    Had a nice breakfast of cottage cheese and canned peaches.

will get started on my other leg next week. Will have 2 hospital stay the same as the other time. I am not looking forward to it. but will be glad when its all over with and I can get back into a normal routine again. and maybe get my mind at rest.

everyone have a nice day/

Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Just got Back from my walk. It is still rather chilly outside this morning but expectted to warm up.
    Had a nice breakfast of cottage cheese and canned peaches.

will get started on my other leg next week. Will have 2 hospital stay the same as the other time. I am not looking forward to it. but will be glad when its all over with and I can get back into a normal routine again. and maybe get my mind at rest.

everyone have a nice day/

Calie

I have tried to eat cottage cheese, but I can't stomach it for some reason...................