Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009

Options

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Say Lioness your ticker is going down. Good for you. What do you give credit for it?

Calie

I am having my morning green smoothie with the fruits and vegetables, then eating pretty strict carb controlled eating the rest of the day................

And exercise.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. Well, I just got back from my mini vacation and ughh! I've gained a ton of weight. I'm hoping most of it is water but I still changed my ticker.

LL-You are looking good!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Marie- How are you feeling? How are them legs carrying you?

Where's Georg??

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I am currently sunburned so I will be staying indoors for a few days.

Crys
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hey everybody. Well, I just got back from my mini vacation and ughh! I've gained a ton of weight. I'm hoping most of it is water but I still changed my ticker.

Where's Georg??

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I am currently sunburned so I will be staying indoors for a few days.

Crys

Awww. thank you girlie!!! :heart: :heart: :blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:

I go to the tanning bed so I don't burn when I go in the sun because I will have a base tan.....

Get your hubby to put some aloe vera on you so you don't end up peeling like a snake. :bigsmile:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Good morning everyone............

Sipping on my "green shake" and working away. Popping my head in the forums to see whats up with everyone...........
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Good morning again................

Drinking my green shake (even though it is purple this morning)............

I feel so alive and healthy!!! Lots of energy and I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night..............
  • cloverluv
    Options
    I don't think I could ever function on only 3 and 1/2 hours. You have me cringing for you! I slept in today. My oldest finished summer school and it feels great not to have any time restraints now! I finally took my first real run since moving and it felt wonderful. That's what I really needed to give me a push back :wink:

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I don't think I could ever function on only 3 and 1/2 hours. You have me cringing for you! I slept in today. My oldest finished summer school and it feels great not to have any time restraints now! I finally took my first real run since moving and it felt wonderful. That's what I really needed to give me a push back :wink:

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Oh yeah, my sleep patterns are terrible!!! 2 hours one night, 3 1/2 the next, 1 3/4 hours the next, got 5 hours of sleep last night and feel more tired than the previous days when I had much less sleep.........

I want to get back into running.................I am still over 200 pounds, I don't think it will be good on my joints.............
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just reporting in on this nice 4th of July weekend.
    Hope everyone had a good one. We did.
    Just Jerry and I , we did brisket, cole slaw. potatoe salad and watermelon. We enjoy our day. Marie
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I did the South Beach Diet 2 years ago and lost 30 pounds! Then I got into nursing school and gained 10-15 :grumble: So I'm on phase 1 starting today. I will probably just do it for a week since I don't have much to lose. Here are my stats:

SW: 134
    CW: 132

Have a great week everyone! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I did the South Beach Diet 2 years ago and lost 30 pounds! Then I got into nursing school and gained 10-15 :grumble: So I'm on phase 1 starting today. I will probably just do it for a week since I don't have much to lose. Here are my stats:

Welcome to this thread.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Just reporting in on this nice 4th of July weekend.
    Hope everyone had a good one. We did.
    Just Jerry and I , we did brisket, cole slaw. potatoe salad and watermelon. We enjoy our day. Marie

We got rained out!!! So, we stayed in all day on Saturday.
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Welcome!!!!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Welcome to this thread.

Thanks! Is anyone else on phase 1?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

Where's Georg??

Crys

Hey! I'm here in Maui on vacation! Thanks for remembering me.:happy:
    I have limited time/access to the computer. I've totally fallen off my eating wagon, but we're spending so much time scuba diving & snorkeling, it seems that I'm holding even.
    I'll check back in when I can!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    I want to get back into running.................I am still over 200 pounds, I don't think it will be good on my joints.............

I just started a "couch to 5k" program and i was able to handle the first week runs. I am taking a break now because of massive blisters on my feet, but at 300 lbs, my joints weren't the limiting factor. . . It was the skin on my heel :P so I think if i get better shoes, and build up some callouses on my upper heel, I will be able to handle running fine. mind you i HATE running, but this program seems to slowly ease you into running.

www.c25k.com

I use the podrunner interval mp3's in my ipod and am running the week 1 recordings. You don't HAVE to do it at the same pace they recommend. Specially if you are like me and think you may need a little extra time on week 1, or a little more rest time between runs to let your feet heal :)

oh and for the 4th. . . i did reward myself for sticking to my diet so well. I veered a fair bit beyond my induction carb limit, but I did not go crazy. I avoided chips, breads, even cheesecake (my favorite dessert!). I did have veggie plate, grilled chicken and sausage, 7-layer dip (lower carb except the beans. . . but I'll live), and the meat/cheese tray. The only thing i had that is a big no-no on induction (well probably atkins in general) were a few bloody marys and 2-3 lo-carb beers. it was a fun night :)
  • LeanLioness
    Options

I just started a "couch to 5k" program and i was able to handle the first week runs. I am taking a break now because of massive blisters on my feet, but at 300 lbs, my joints weren't the limiting factor. . . It was the skin on my heel :P so I think if i get better shoes, and build up some callouses on my upper heel, I will be able to handle running fine. mind you i HATE running, but this program seems to slowly ease you into running.

www.c25k.com

I use the podrunner interval mp3's in my ipod and am running the week 1 recordings. You don't HAVE to do it at the same pace they recommend. Specially if you are like me and think you may need a little extra time on week 1, or a little more rest time between runs to let your feet heal :)

oh and for the 4th. . . i did reward myself for sticking to my diet so well. I veered a fair bit beyond my induction carb limit, but I did not go crazy. I avoided chips, breads, even cheesecake (my favorite dessert!). I did have veggie plate, grilled chicken and sausage, 7-layer dip (lower carb except the beans. . . but I'll live), and the meat/cheese tray. The only thing i had that is a big no-no on induction (well probably atkins in general) were a few bloody marys and 2-3 lo-carb beers. it was a fun night :)

I startted the couch to 5k program 6 years ago and did ok, except I ended up with shin splints due to me weighing 268 on a small frame............

You are on Atkins too? I don't feel so alone now, LOL..................

I really need to go back to induction - I have gotten carried away with the fruit.
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Goerg....I am so jealous...what a vacation!

I haven't been doing to bad lately. I gained a lot of weight after moving but have slowly started moving back down the scales..yay!

I just started the 30 day shred..wow...I haven't felt this sore in a long time.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Cloverluv. Good hearing from you. I also gain weight with all these surgeries. but i haven't any excuse now. Today I have been eating Sandwiches with Sara Lee 45 per slice bread. With a no carb filling it is working real good. My blood sugar is holding steady around 100 before meals. I also have a 1/2 sandwich between meals with a low carb filling. I uess you can call this a bread diet. As long as I control it , it should work. Marie
  • cloverluv
    Options
    The bread thing is sooo hard for me. Doesn't help my husband works at the bread factory and is ALWAYS bringing home bread. Those darn carbs hehe. I started the 30 day shred and did day 3 today. Oh my goodness is it making me sore!!!

Have a wonderful peaceful day !
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am doing just great on my new plan. Its too hot to cook anyway. So sandwiches are working out just fine.
    Marie