Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009

Options

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! It's Friday!!!!!!!!! Also the last day of school here. :drinker: Think the kiddo actually managed to pass. 'Whew! Rainy cold day today and weekend coming up - possibility of snow even :angry: But it won't stick around, so I'm going to clean this weekend and do some baking. Hope everyone is having a great day and have a great weekend!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! It's Friday!!!!!!!!! Also the last day of school here. :drinker: Think the kiddo actually managed to pass. 'Whew! Rainy cold day today and weekend coming up - possibility of snow even :angry: But it won't stick around, so I'm going to clean this weekend and do some baking. Hope everyone is having a great day and have a great weekend!!

Snow Wow!!!!!!!! In June. I am glad it is Friday too. I just have grandkid still in school.

Marie
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    Howdy all,

I have been doing Low Carb for a little over 1 week. I have previously lost a significant amount of weight doing atkins. I had lost 70lbs. before and even kept it off for a couple of years. I had some family issues and became depressed. I started eating whatever i felt like from that point on. So, obviously, i gained it all back. Took about a year or so, but it came back.

I have been tryin to lose weight since then. all unsuccessful. So I decided to give low carb another shot. I was very happy with my previous successes and I am convinced if i can repeat it, I can work hard to keep it off.

So, I'm back at it. Lost 10 lbs so far. I've been using this site to track everything i eat. last time i lost 70lbs, writing everything down helped me greatly. I had notebooks with ALL the food i ate, a printout from atkins.com of the carb count in everyday food, and other information/recipes/etc. that i carried around with me everywhere. So far i haven't gone to that extent, but This site has definitely helped me keep track of everything.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    If you have a chance to go to a Brazilian Barbeque restaurant, it's a low carb dream!
    You should give it a try. A little pricey if you're used to fast food prices, but wonderful!
    There's usually an exotic appetizer/salad bar/side dish buffet, then they start bringing meat on skewers to your table & slice a little off for you. You tell them if you want more of one, or not at all. Each waiter brings a different meat, if you don't want them to keep bringing meat, you signal them you're finished.
    Tonight we had
    lamb
    spicy chicken
    bacon wrapped turkey
    parmesan crusted pork
    Brazilian steak
    tri tip steak
    pepper beef
    linguica sausage
    chicken wings
    garlic steak
    top sirloin
    pineapple
    shrimp
    It was all delicious!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Georg, that meal sound fantastic. Do they let you take doggie bags home.?

Calie
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps! I finally found you! We moved into our temp house and I'm glad to be settled but we had A LOT of cleaning to do and I lost my cat. I'm afraid he might be hiding so I will give him a couple days. My eating habits have gone downhill completely! I have eaten more fast food in he past 4 week than I have in 4 years! Tomorrow I'm going back to phase 1 to get rid of the sugar and carb cravings again. I am going to make sure I check in every day and I hope you guys help keep me accountable!!

I missed you all.

Crys
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So glad to see you back Crys. that moving is a job. I'm glad our moving days are over with. We have live in this house for over 50 years. But we had our share of Moving for Jerry was in the Air Force and seems like we were always moving.

I think I need to get South Beach diet book out too and reread it. I never did look into Phase 2 of it. I think thats where I went wrong. But I don't want to do phase 1 overagain/ No way will I give up my fruit again. And I like my bread too well. there is noting better on a hot day like a good sandwhich with a big old sl of tomatoe. I don't missed Rice, spaggetti, potatoes. But I wasn't getting enought of fiber and had a bad case of Bm problem. For now I am counting calories and watching my carbs pretty closely. But not to the extreme.

Have a wonderful day.Marie
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps! I finally found you! We moved into our temp house and I'm glad to be settled but we had A LOT of cleaning to do and I lost my cat. I'm afraid he might be hiding so I will give him a couple days. My eating habits have gone downhill completely! I have eaten more fast food in he past 4 week than I have in 4 years! Tomorrow I'm going back to phase 1 to get rid of the sugar and carb cravings again. I am going to make sure I check in every day and I hope you guys help keep me accountable!!

I missed you all.

Crys

We will keep you accountable!!!

I need to update my ticker............Since going to the Naturopath, I have started sleeping better and have dropped 2 pounds. :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    So glad to see you back Crys. that moving is a job. I'm glad our moving days are over with. We have live in this house for over 50 years. But we had our share of Moving for Jerry was in the Air Force and seems like we were always moving.

I think I need to get South Beach diet book out too and reread it. I never did look into Phase 2 of it. I think thats where I went wrong. But I don't want to do phase 1 overagain/ No way will I give up my fruit again. And I like my bread too well. there is noting better on a hot day like a good sandwhich with a big old sl of tomatoe. I don't missed Rice, spaggetti, potatoes. But I wasn't getting enought of fiber and had a bad case of Bm problem. For now I am counting calories and watching my carbs pretty closely. But not to the extreme.

Have a wonderful day.Marie

yes, to be successful with any of the low carb plans, you have to read the book and move through the phases.............

I need to find a good sunflower bread or oat bread. I can't have wheat.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    HOPE ALL OF YOU HAD A FANTASTIC WEEKEND.
    I had a very nice weekend.
    Went to the doctor and had lost 9 lbs since I seen her, BP was fine, I am beginning to feel better about walking now.
    Waiting for Jerry's brother to pop in any minute now. We will go out to eat. We rented them a room here by us at a motel. then they will head out for houston to visit some of her kinfolks.

See you guys later.

caliecat
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    lioness. How do you make your shakes with the Jay Robb whey protein?

I haven't gpt mine figure out yet. This morning I used 1/3 cup dry powder milk , 2/3 c. water and 1 c frpzen peaches. It was pretty good but sort of rich.

We went out to eat at a buffet tonight. Had a big veggies plate. Carrots, green beans. califflower w cheese sauce and pickle beets. and asst. of fresh fruit. I will have another shake tonight for I didn't eat any protein at dinner.

Caliecat
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Hey guys...today I did pretty well just cutting out the sugar. I felt so much better. I don't know if I have gained any weight or not since my scale is still in a box somewhere. :grumble: I feel like I have though. I planned a route to run so tomorrow morning I am hoping to not get lost in a new neighborhood. Yesterday we got hit really badly with some tornados and the mall next to our house got demolished. This is the first time I have had to deal with tornados and I'll say I was quite scared. Spent a lot of time with my kids in the bathroom.

Anyhow...hope everyone has a great night and here's to a wonderful day tomorrow! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Crys----Was wonderering about you. All those tornados around your area. glad you and family are safe.

We have really not had any severe weather here like we usally get in the spring. We had some but nothing really scary.

Are you starting the South beach diet over again.?

We had a great time with Jerry brother and his wife yesterday. It is a little muggy here this morning.

Have a great day.
    Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hey guys...today I did pretty well just cutting out the sugar. I felt so much better. I don't know if I have gained any weight or not since my scale is still in a box somewhere. :grumble: I feel like I have though. I planned a route to run so tomorrow morning I am hoping to not get lost in a new neighborhood. Yesterday we got hit really badly with some tornados and the mall next to our house got demolished. This is the first time I have had to deal with tornados and I'll say I was quite scared. Spent a lot of time with my kids in the bathroom.

Anyhow...hope everyone has a great night and here's to a wonderful day tomorrow! :drinker:

Where are you at?

We got hit with 4 tornados last night......................

I live at the intersection of 2 state highways and one rolled down one highway and another one went down the other highway..............

We are still out of power today.................

I spent my evening at my aunts house in the basement and a tree crashed on the back of her house.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Well, I am still on my journey and I can tell that I am losing weight, which is a very lovely thing!!!

I am on my natural supplements and just picked up a new one from the natural med apothecary today, it is a natural appetite supressent.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I guess I am the only one posting now..............

I will talk to myself....... :cry: :cry:

Anyway, I am down to 209 now on the scale and very, very pumped up!!!

The scale has started moving downward since starting to go to the Naturopath.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi , we are still around, Just busy.

I got my food chart done for today. My carbs will be around 80. Sodium 1500,
    feeling much better since I upped my carbs. And they are all good carbs. No bad carbs.

Marie
  • cloverluv
    Options
    LL- I live in Aurora, CO. Not used to too many tornadoes around here!

Marie- good job on the carbs...that's not bad considering you decided not to cut down too much!

I have still been trying very hard. Right now my hubby has been working very long shifts at work and I have had no time without the kids to go on any runs and my elliptical is still sitting in the garage from the move. I think it's time to start asking for help moving stuff into the house. Oh well. Has anyone noticed lately with the weather pattern that they are sleepier than usual?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Ok
    :bigsmile:
    I'm back. I've been to SF for several days - walking - walking - walking!
    I'll weigh in tomorrow a.m, but I expect to break even with different foods but lots of walking! I took my pedometer & Sunday we went 8 miles!
    :bigsmile:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    LL- I live in Aurora, CO. Not used to too many tornadoes around here!

Marie- good job on the carbs...that's not bad considering you decided not to cut down too much!

I have still been trying very hard. Right now my hubby has been working very long shifts at work and I have had no time without the kids to go on any runs and my elliptical is still sitting in the garage from the move. I think it's time to start asking for help moving stuff into the house. Oh well. Has anyone noticed lately with the weather pattern that they are sleepier than usual?

Hopefully my power will be back on today. Praying praying praying!!!

LOL Clover................I bet your not. I am not used to them either. I have only been back in the Midwest for a year. i spent 15 years on the East Coast and had just gotten used to hurricanes, then moved back to the Midwest near my family and we have had tons of tornados and an inland hurricane in May.

We have had some really wild weather this spring along with a lot of rain and that has made for the farmers getting their crops in the field late, soy beans are wayyyy behind on getting planted.

CalieCat - Everyone's body is different, if you feel better with a few more carbs (as long as they are healthy ones) then that is what you need to do...................

Me, I feel better with less carbs and making sure the ones I do eat are pretty natural.

I bought cherries and OMG, they are sooooooooo good!!!