Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009

Options

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I have fallen off the wagon this weekend, gained a lot of water weight and struggling today to get back on the wagon due to feeling depressed...............
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    me too. My daughter came out and even tho it was 103 we went for Mexican food. and I ate a ton of chips. Just because they were there. Marie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Ok, I have my head on straight again...............

Making my green smoothie and taking my vitamins...............

Getting ready to go do my Pilates dvd.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I just noticed that I didn't do a July thread for us being carb conscious.................

We will start another one in August.............

It is TOM for me starting this morning................want doughnuts of all things..................
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm home now & happy to report that I'm EXACTLY one pound lighter than when I left!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I swam, hiked, went scuba diving or snorkeling every day except 6 out of 29 days...ate plenty of Roselani (local Maui) ice cream, had numerous fruity mai tais & more french fries than in the past 6 months combined! So I'm pretty pleased with myself & my results.
    It truly is a lifestyle change.
    Today - back to lo carbing all the way!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I'm home now & happy to report that I'm EXACTLY one pound lighter than when I left!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I swam, hiked, went scuba diving or snorkeling every day except 6 out of 29 days...ate plenty of Roselani (local Maui) ice cream, had numerous fruity mai tais & more french fries than in the past 6 months combined! So I'm pretty pleased with myself & my results.
    It truly is a lifestyle change.
    Today - back to lo carbing all the way!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

That is fantastic!!! It helped that you stayed busy and on the go................you were burning those calories as you took them in!!!

I have been doing Pilates and I am starting to see changes as far as toning goes. My stomach is starting to look a bit flatter too.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had my WI yesterday and I have a 5 lb lost. I sign up for Sunday sucessers and yesterday was WI Day. I also sign up for the Christmas Challenge ane we weight in on Wed. I think this is the one I will stick with. I know a lot of this was water weight but I will take it.

Have a good day everyone.

Marie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I had my WI yesterday and I have a 5 lb lost. I sign up for Sunday sucessers and yesterday was WI Day. I also sign up for the Christmas Challenge ane we weight in on Wed. I think this is the one I will stick with. I know a lot of this was water weight but I will take it.

Marie

That is good, the weight is coming off!!!

I am bouncing around the same couple of pounds. I need to get very strict again, think I am consuming too much fruit again...................
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie

I am bouncing around the same couple of pounds. I need to get very strict again, think I am consuming too much fruit again...................

Just bounce it right off. Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Marie

LOL, I am trying!!! I am melting inches off though. I am down to a Large shirt from an X-large and I am into size 14 pants from size 18. Some how I by-passed a size 16.
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie

LOL, I am trying!!! I am melting inches off though. I am down to a Large shirt from an X-large and I am into size 14 pants from size 18. Some how I by-passed a size 16.

Good girl, lets all get to bouncing. Calie
  • Georg
    Options
    Since we got home I've been craving vegetables! :huh:
    That's pretty weird, but I really did miss fresh raw veggies!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Since we got home I've been craving vegetables! :huh:
    That's pretty weird, but I really did miss fresh raw veggies!

That is GREAT!!!

I love to crave fresh veggies and fruit.
  • Georg
    Options
    I went out for middle eastern food for lunch today - my first time in this new restaurant. They had a buffet & I made the cute little old guy tell me what everything was. :wink:
    So I filled up on meat & salad. (I did taste the pita.) :wink:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I went out for middle eastern food for lunch today - my first time in this new restaurant. They had a buffet & I made the cute little old guy tell me what everything was. :wink:
    So I filled up on meat & salad. (I did taste the pita.) :wink:

That sounds good............

I love the seasonings that Indian and Middle Eastern dishes contain. It is a flavor explosion.
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my son's 9th birthday and I don't know if I should have some cake or not. I have been on the first phase of the South Beach diet for two weeks and this is week three. I have allowed myself one 100% whole wheat mini bagel each day for the last 3 days but that's the extent of my starchy carbs. The party is at Chuck E Cheese so I'm thinking I'll just have a piece of pizza and some salad?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Tomorrow is my son's 9th birthday and I don't know if I should have some cake or not. I have been on the first phase of the South Beach diet for two weeks and this is week three. I have allowed myself one 100% whole wheat mini bagel each day for the last 3 days but that's the extent of my starchy carbs. The party is at Chuck E Cheese so I'm thinking I'll just have a piece of pizza and some salad?

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING PRETTY GOOD. Just used portion control on that Pizza and you should be allright.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Where is everybody. I am still watching my carbs.And doing just fine. Calie
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody. I am still watching my carbs.And doing just fine. Calie

I am here..........well, I am back. Under a different name. They shut down my other account, which sucks..........That was my 1 and only screen name for all of the internet.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi leo, glad you are back. Everybody would be better off if they watch there carbs. I don't go as low as some of you but to me this is a lifetime change. And I got to learn this portion control. Carbs, Calories , the whole works.
    My breakfast was 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of diet bread. ! T. diet jelly, and !T. light margerine for 17 grams of carbs
    Lunch was 1 thick hamburger pattie , 1 sugar free hambuger bun, one slice of pickle and ! t. of blue cheese dressing for 23 carbs.
    Mid afternoon snack 1 carton of whipped yoplait yogurt, now this is where I goof up for later after I ate it I look at the carbs and calories 160 calories and 25 g carbs. Way way to much for a snack . I have three more carton of it and i will throw them away for they were not worth all the calories and carbs.
    For supper I will decide after I take my blood sugar what I will have. So far today it has been 125, 70. 69.
    I know I will have baked fish and a good mess of veggies.

Calie

Welcome back Leo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!