Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009

Options

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Ok
    :bigsmile:
    I'm back. I've been to SF for several days - walking - walking - walking!
    I'll weigh in tomorrow a.m, but I expect to break even with different foods but lots of walking! I took my pedometer & Sunday we went 8 miles!

Walking is GOOD!!!!!

I am finally on the downward track again!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I ate too much, but had a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to weighing in soon because my rings are coming off easily.
    That's always a good sign!
    Do you like Caprese salads?
    Sliced tomatoes
    fresh basil leaves - cut or not
    fresh mozzarella - the wet kind - sliced on top
    drizzle with a little olive oil & basalmic
    Yum!
    :love:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I ate too much, but had a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to weighing in soon because my rings are coming off easily.
    That's always a good sign!
    Do you like Caprese salads?
    Sliced tomatoes
    fresh basil leaves - cut or not
    fresh mozzarella - the wet kind - sliced on top
    drizzle with a little olive oil & basalmic
    Yum!
    :love:

I have never had it....................where do you find wet mozzarella?

I think I want to make this, this weekend.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hi guys been here almost every day lurking but not having much to say. I have been trying to stay low-carb but have had some back sliding. So here is to getting back on track.

Fresh mozzarella is usually near the deli section in the specialty cheeses. At least at cub where I shop that's where I find it.

:drinker: Here's to getting back on the low carb bandwagon.:drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hi guys been here almost every day lurking but not having much to say. I have been trying to stay low-carb but have had some back sliding. So here is to getting back on track.

Fresh mozzarella is usually near the deli section in the specialty cheeses. At least at cub where I shop that's where I find it.

:drinker: Here's to getting back on the low carb bandwagon.:drinker:

I and welcome!!! No more lurking, Okay????

Get in here and post your ups and downs along with us...........

Spring and summer are great times to low carb because of the abundance of fresh vegetables and fruits that mother nature has to offer..............

I don't even crave bread or pasta............I want veggies and fruits and meat that is grilled on the charcoal grill...........
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I have never had it....................where do you find wet mozzarella?

I think I want to make this, this weekend.
    [/quote]

We have the fresh mozzarella in little tubs like cottage cheese comes in. It's in the cheese section, they're little balls in water. Looks weird, but yummy!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I'm here. Really I still am!! Been a crazy week. I totally fell off the wagon. Yipes! I ate a bunch of crap - and I'm feeling it. I did my couch to 5k wog this morning, and it almost killed me :laugh: I felt so much better after though!

I had a great low carb breakfast and I can tell my blood sugars are back in line. Yay to feeling good again! I'm getting ready to put my salad together for lunch - it sounds so good right now I'm almost going nuts! You know you've been bad when thinking about your salad for lunch excites you! I've had so much junk food this week - my body is really wanting good stuff!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hi guys - I'm here. Really I still am!! Been a crazy week. I totally fell off the wagon. Yipes! I ate a bunch of crap - and I'm feeling it. I did my couch to 5k wog this morning, and it almost killed me :laugh: I felt so much better after though!

I had a great low carb breakfast and I can tell my blood sugars are back in line. Yay to feeling good again! I'm getting ready to put my salad together for lunch - it sounds so good right now I'm almost going nuts! You know you've been bad when thinking about your salad for lunch excites you! I've had so much junk food this week - my body is really wanting good stuff!

Yes, i know what you mean.............

And, it is even better when your body is craving the good stuff and not the bad stuf!!
  • jjwright
    jjwright Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello,

I found this thread while reading thru the PCOS board, that seems to have gone dry. I did Atkins a few years ago with quick results and am thinking of trying it again. I didn't catch on to South Beach as easily, so never really tried that one...Atkins seemed simpler. Thinking I should get out the book though and reread it. I remember my belly fat was the first to leave when I did Atkins and I felt pretty good, not deprived after the first week.

I'm a chocoholic big time, so that's my hurdle to jump in getting started. I've been losing VERY slowly and work long hours so I'm too tired to feel motivated at night to spin on my bike and can't drag my butt out of bed after not sleeping well to do it in the AM, so I need to tackle the food first I think.

Love this site and the boards, the ticker and the blogs are so great!

Time for me to get back on track.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Will keep my carbs under control today. Kind of goofed up yesterday.
    calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Slow day here yesterday. Everybody busy with Family. Jerry and I had a nice Sunday,no one around but just us and our animals. We ate out of the freezer and didn't do much cooking.
    Have got to go to store this morning and pick up a few things for me to eat on when I get home from the hospital after the surgery tomorrrow. I hope this is the last one. The nurse seems to think he will do it all at once and not spread it out into two trips to hospital. And then after alll this is over I am going to get real serious about my diet.

:heart: Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hello,

I found this thread while reading thru the PCOS board, that seems to have gone dry. I did Atkins a few years ago with quick results and am thinking of trying it again. I didn't catch on to South Beach as easily, so never really tried that one...Atkins seemed simpler. Thinking I should get out the book though and reread it. I remember my belly fat was the first to leave when I did Atkins and I felt pretty good, not deprived after the first week.

I'm a chocoholic big time, so that's my hurdle to jump in getting started. I've been losing VERY slowly and work long hours so I'm too tired to feel motivated at night to spin on my bike and can't drag my butt out of bed after not sleeping well to do it in the AM, so I need to tackle the food first I think.

Love this site and the boards, the ticker and the blogs are so great!

Time for me to get back on track.

Welcome and thanks for joining us!!!

Most of the topics that deal with anything with low carb fizzle out fast...........

They don't understand and won't even try to understand..........I know low fat and low calorie is NOT where its at........
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    lioness. How do you make your shakes with the Jay Robb whey protein?

I haven't gpt mine figure out yet. This morning I used 1/3 cup dry powder milk , 2/3 c. water and 1 c frpzen peaches. It was pretty good but sort of rich.

We went out to eat at a buffet tonight. Had a big veggies plate. Carrots, green beans. califflower w cheese sauce and pickle beets. and asst. of fresh fruit. I will have another shake tonight for I didn't eat any protein at dinner.

Caliecat

Sorry CalieCat...................I just saw this.

I follow most of the recipes from this....................

http://www.jayrobb.com/jayRobbProteinShakeRecipes.pdf
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    thanks Lioness, I didn't know he had a recipe site. I got it in my faverite.
    I had one for breakfast and used 1/4 c dry oatmeal to get a complete meal and some fiber in it. Pretty tasty.
    calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    thanks Lioness, I didn't know he had a recipe site. I got it in my faverite.
    I had one for breakfast and used 1/4 c dry oatmeal to get a complete meal and some fiber in it. Pretty tasty.
    calie

I am going to start making my green shakes again..........To get more veggie in for the day.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Now what is green shakes?
    Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Now what is green shakes?
    Calie

Green shakes are like smoothies, but will have kale, collards, spinach, broccoli, blueberries, yogurt, etc in them so you are getting all of your servings of veggies per day.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Urg, now that don't sound good to me. I'll keep my fruit and veggies serperatly/

calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    lioness, I order Jay Robb shake down diet and it has a ton on shakes in it. I think I could handle that.
    I will think about it after My surgery tomorrow. And on Sat night you can have an hour of eating anything you like. YUMMY Marie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Urg, now that don't sound good to me. I'll keep my fruit and veggies serperatly/

calie

LOL, you don't even taste the veggies in it. The fruit diguises it and you are full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc...........