Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody?, I got my surgery all over with and I feel great. No more excuses now. To get my eating under control. It has flew out the window here lately. Even had a bowl of icecream last night. Too make up for that crappy stuff I had at the hospital or didn't have, I had surgery both Tues and Wed. I figure I would feel like crap but surprising I still great.
    Calie
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody?, I got my surgery all over with and I feel great. No more excuses now. To get my eating under control. It has flew out the window here lately. Even had a bowl of icecream last night. Too make up for that crappy stuff I had at the hospital or didn't have, I had surgery both Tues and Wed. I figure I would feel like crap but surprising I still great.
    Calie

I am glad that you are back on!!!

I posted in the other thread that i am happy that you are feeling better!!!

Lets hop to it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm away on vacation, having a beautiful, healthy time. So far so good with the carbs.
    I went to a water aerobics class yesterday & then came back & climbed 11 stories of stairs!
    I have limited computer time, so y'all have a good lo carb time without me!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody...

Just got back from vacation...getting ready for another one next weekend. I love summer!

Marie...how are you feeling?
    LL...LOVE the new profile pic! You look awesome!!!
    Georg...I'm jealous you get to do all of those fun things!!

Here's to all my peeps :drinker:

Crys
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Crys., I am feeling great. I feel like my legs are in top shape. I went to the family reunion yesterday and really ate so much. bunch of good food around. And then My husband and I went out to eat last night for Father day.. Did you enjoy your vacation? Where did you go?
    Marie:heart:
  • Georg
    Options
    Hi everybody.
    Did you have a good weekend?
    I went to an amazing buffet brunch this morning.
    :bigsmile:
    We stayed for 3 hours, listening to local music.
    :wink:
    I'm pretty pleased with my food choices. I ate too much, for sure, but mostly meat - seafood - stuff like that.
    I'm happy about my choices.
    Even the champagne! :bigsmile:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!!

We sure did. We went to Rend Lake (one of our many local lakes) and walked a 4.0 trail with the puppies. They were pooped tired and so was I. My hubby said it felt good and that his legs were happy exercising again. :laugh:

Thanks CloverLuv for the compliment. :blushing:

Georg, where did you go on vacation? We are looking for some where nice to go for a few days next month for my birthday and our wedding anniversary.

Calie - Glad to see that you are doing so well!!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! How is everyone?? Been busy here. Work should start slowing down soon - it had better!! I'm about to lose my mine. What little I have left . . . :laugh:

We spent the weekend at the ranch fencing and cutting out chokecherry bushes. And gardening. I definately got my workout in!! Then we went to dh's uncle and aunt's house for a family get together Sunday afternoon - lots of fun!! Lots of good food too! I'll cop to having a relatively small spoon of the Snickers Salad. Mmmmmm :love: And 1/2 of a rhubarb bar. Other than that and the frito's salad, I did pretty good.

Glad to see everyone - sounds like lots of activity!! Hope everyone is enjoying summer :glasses:
  • Georg
    Options
    LL-
    We're on Maui, enjoying the sunshine (heat & humidity) & water (scuba & snorkeling.)
    It's so beautiful here.
    We talked our hosts into a day hike tomorrow. :bigsmile:
    I'm not going to slip back into being sedentary just because others are. The new me is going up 11 flights of stairs every day, going to water aerobics, swimming & scuba every day. :bigsmile:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hey guys!! How is everyone?? Been busy here. Work should start slowing down soon - it had better!! I'm about to lose my mine. What little I have left . . . :laugh:

We spent the weekend at the ranch fencing and cutting out chokecherry bushes. And gardening. I definately got my workout in!! Then we went to dh's uncle and aunt's house for a family get together Sunday afternoon - lots of fun!! Lots of good food too! I'll cop to having a relatively small spoon of the Snickers Salad. Mmmmmm :love: And 1/2 of a rhubarb bar. Other than that and the frito's salad, I did pretty good.

Glad to see everyone - sounds like lots of activity!! Hope everyone is enjoying summer :glasses:

That sounds like fun!!!

Glad you had a great weekend.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    LL-
    We're on Maui, enjoying the sunshine (heat & humidity) & water (scuba & snorkeling.)
    It's so beautiful here.
    We talked our hosts into a day hike tomorrow. :bigsmile:
    I'm not going to slip back into being sedentary just because others are. The new me is going up 11 flights of stairs every day, going to water aerobics, swimming & scuba every day. :bigsmile:

Great, get everybody up and get them moving!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Ok Mtgirl what is Snickers salad. . sound like something sinful? Marie
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Ok Mtgirl what is Snickers salad. . sound like something sinful? Marie

Oh yes Calie. Oh yes! You chop up apples - Granny Smith or something sort of tart. (The good part!) Then you chop up some Snickers bars and mix it with Whipped Cream. There you have it. How can they call that salad???? But sooooooooooo yummy :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    thanks MtGirl. It does sound so yummy. Don't sound like no salad I have eaten. Thanks Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey guys, Is everybody on vacations?

I haven't exactly got back on the track yet/ But I am going to.
    Calie
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    crap! I had great weight loss last week and this last weekend, only to plateau and gain 1 lb the last few days. I wasn't concerned about it because I understand weight fluctuates sometimes. . . however today it went up again. I rechecked my diet. . .nothing was wrong. I only worked out 1 day this week since I have been sick and felt very weak. Then it dawned on me. . . . . I have been dosing Nyquil quite a bit. I checked the label. crap. almost pure High fructose corn syrup. I don't know HOW i didn't think about this. So basically since Sunday night (when i first felt ill) I have inadvertently had an extra 40 or so carbs a day!!!!! (19-20g carbs per dose, roughly 2 doses a day) I checked my pill version, even IT had a confectioner sugar and cornstarch coating!!! I didn't see a carb count on it, but ouch!

So 3-4 days of 40-60g carbs :(

I was doing very well too. Oh well, I'll just start again. LOL, I'm mostly upset because, IF i was going to cheat, I would have rather cheated with something i REALLY wanted :)
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hey guys, Is everybody on vacations?

I haven't exactly got back on the track yet/ But I am going to.
    Calie

Take it easy..............you will get there!!!

Want to try my green shake yet?? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

They are GREAT!!!

Tomorrow is :

1 cup yogurt
    1 scoop Jay Robb egg white protein
    3 tsp stevia
    1 cup black berries
    1 cup blue berries
    1 medium banana
    2 1/2 cups spinach
    2 cups collard greens
    1 cup broccoli
    1 carrot
    1 stalk celery

blendie all up together and it is 55 oz of yumminess!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    crap! I had great weight loss last week and this last weekend, only to plateau and gain 1 lb the last few days. I wasn't concerned about it because I understand weight fluctuates sometimes. . . however today it went up again. I rechecked my diet. . .nothing was wrong. I only worked out 1 day this week since I have been sick and felt very weak. Then it dawned on me. . . . . I have been dosing Nyquil quite a bit. I checked the label. crap. almost pure High fructose corn syrup. I don't know HOW i didn't think about this. So basically since Sunday night (when i first felt ill) I have inadvertently had an extra 40 or so carbs a day!!!!! (19-20g carbs per dose, roughly 2 doses a day) I checked my pill version, even IT had a confectioner sugar and cornstarch coating!!! I didn't see a carb count on it, but ouch!

So 3-4 days of 40-60g carbs :(

I was doing very well too. Oh well, I'll just start again. LOL, I'm mostly upset because, IF i was going to cheat, I would have rather cheated with something i REALLY wanted :)

Hey, we have all been there and done that..................

Tylenol makes a sugar-free liquid cold medicine similar to nyquil.......
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Say Lioness your ticker is going down. Good for you. What do you give credit for it?

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Another slow weekend here.
    Marie