• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I'm having cake tonight, no doubt-- my kidlets baked me one--

So, hush, Dave-- I'm having sugar tonight--

But, back on the bandwagon tomorrow--
  • Marla64
    Thanks all.

My birthday is tomorrow, Marla is the girl of the day today.. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Hope she is planning more than just waiting to lock the other thread (not that it's not a good time)..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I live the high life, baby-- :noway:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Happy Birthday to Marla and Janie!!! Hope you ladies have a great one!!

Well I got some of my calories burnt by cleaning but I still didn't get it finished yet. Had to take my daughter to the dr so I had to stop in the middle of cleaning to do that. Now we are home and she is running around like a crazy kid!! You would think I would have fed her a birthday cake but I didn't. I did bake a cake for my mom to take to the place where I go sing. It's called a Strawberry Ice Box Cake. I just hope its good because I have never made one before. Letting it cool so I can do some more to it.
    I bought a fresh pineapple yesterday and just cut it up. It was pretty good! Very sweet and kind of sour at the same time. But very good!

Hope you are all having a great Friday!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Evening folks.

The Batman's been busy. Just got back home from a short business trip. Looks like everyone is doing well. Happy B-day Marla and Janie! I hope you have a great one! you both deserve it. Man I have comments to make and tales to tell but that will have to wait for later. Gotta get the kids to bed and get a workout in!

See ya in a bit!
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Here is a cake for you birthday girls!

s552046549_1031790_44741.jpg

oh great, now I really want cake:angry:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Yeah me too and I have 400 calories to eat by 8pm haha yeah right!!!
  • renae77

Sam you have 36 minutes so you better hurry up girl! LOL!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Happy Birthday to Marla and Janie!!! Hope you ladies have a great one!!

Well I got some of my calories burnt by cleaning but I still didn't get it finished yet. Had to take my daughter to the dr so I had to stop in the middle of cleaning to do that. Now we are home and she is running around like a crazy kid!! You would think I would have fed her a birthday cake but I didn't. I did bake a cake for my mom to take to the place where I go sing. It's called a Strawberry Ice Box Cake. I just hope its good because I have never made one before. Letting it cool so I can do some more to it.
    I bought a fresh pineapple yesterday and just cut it up. It was pretty good! Very sweet and kind of sour at the same time. But very good!

Hope you are all having a great Friday!

Renae, I :heart: fresh pineapple. I know exactly what you mean by it being sweet and sour at the same time.
  • Girlmom282109

Sam you have 36 minutes so you better hurry up girl! LOL!!!

Yeah that's not happening. I had steak romaine lettuce salad with balsamic dressing and a sweet potato with butter and salt for dinner. Then Ice cream for dessert I don't think I am eating any more.:noway:
  • Marla64

Check out the Tom Selleck cake on the most recent locked nothing thread-- Shannon gave it to me--

totally a cake to sink your teeth into-- :devil:
  • Marla64
    And Andrew-- I swear, if you come up with some sorry-assed Moses cake, (pardon the language) and another Marla's old joke-- you're dead meat, mister.:angry:
  • Girlmom282109

Check out the Tom Selleck cake on the most recent locked nothing thread-- Shannon gave it to me--

I saw it and thought EWWW he is hairy and whom ever said that they will look at chocolare sprinkles differently is right!! :huh: :sick:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member

I saw it and thought EWWW he is hairy and whom ever said that they will look at chocolare sprinkles differently is right!! :huh: :sick:

I don't even think I like chocolate sprinkles anymore, that was just wrong. :noway:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Can I vent for a minute and can you guys tell me if I'm being completely ridiculous?

So this morning I'm on my way out the door and Jim tells me that him and his friends are going to some "rock fest" in Nebraska in August for two days.

Um... EXCUSE ME!?!?! NO!!!!!! I mean who does he think he is? he just gets to go off to NE for two days and leave me here with the kid? WTF? WHY would I want him on some 2 day drinking binge at some concert surrounded by slutty girls???? WHY?? I don't even get an invite? Why not?

It's not like he doesn't get guy time. He goes and plays pool with his friends every weekend!

Then his FRIEND (Who's supposed to be MY friend) starts telling me that I"m too insecure and too controlling and i just need to let go and I should stop being a "killjoy"

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?

Am i way out of line here? Why I don't I get say? How does he suddenly think we have money for something like this? Why don't I ever get the chance to do anything like this?!?!?!?! HUH???

Am i over reacting? Am I being unfair to him? Because personally, I think he's being incredibly unfair to me.
  • Girlmom282109
    Can I vent for a minute and can you guys tell me if I'm being completely ridiculous?

So this morning I'm on my way out the door and Jim tells me that him and his friends are going to some "rock fest" in Nebraska in August for two days.

Um... EXCUSE ME!?!?! NO!!!!!! I mean who does he think he is? he just gets to go off to NE for two days and leave me here with the kid? WTF? WHY would I want him on some 2 day drinking binge at some concert surrounded by slutty girls???? WHY?? I don't even get an invite? Why not?

It's not like he doesn't get guy time. He goes and plays pool with his friends every weekend!

Then his FRIEND (Who's supposed to be MY friend) starts telling me that I"m too insecure and too controlling and i just need to let go and I should stop being a "killjoy"

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?

Am i way out of line here? Why I don't I get say? How does he suddenly think we have money for something like this? Why don't I ever get the chance to do anything like this?!?!?!?! HUH???

Am i over reacting? Am I being unfair to him? Because personally, I think he's being incredibly unfair to me.

I don't know about you but I would let him go now that you are already pissed off at him. Tell him that you get a chance to go off if you want too. I know I wouldn't but you might want too. Some men just aren't maternal and need to be away.

All this is if you do have the money. If you trust him enough let him go.
  • Vanessa414

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?

I don't know about you but I would let him go now that you are already pissed off at him. Tell him that you get a chance to go off if you want too. I know I wouldn't but you might want too. Some men just aren't maternal and need to be away.

Yeah, I don't know. I don't like it. His friend did him no favors by calling me insecure and controlling though. That's for sure.
  • Girlmom282109

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?

Yeah, I don't know. I don't like it. His friend did him no favors by calling me insecure and controlling though. That's for sure.

He didn't call you that his friend did. I don't want to sound mean but you do sound a little insecure. If you trust him enough to have his kid then you should trust him away from you for 2 days. Mine used to go away for weeks and stay at ritzy hotels for work and I had to trust him. Maybe Beth and Andrew would be some people to ask. He goes away a lot for work.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?

Are you angry because you really don't trust him, or is it that you feel like you aren't getting your 'you' time that you want?

I do think it's a little unfair if you don't trust him to be away from you...but if you not getting time to yourself is the issue, maybe you could come to a compromise. Is there somewhere you want to go with your girls or whatever? Perhaps you could do that some weekend.
  • Vanessa414

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?

He didn't call you that his friend did. I don't want to sound mean but you do sound a little insecure. If you trust him enough to have his kid then you should trust him away from you for 2 days. Mine used to go away for weeks and stay at ritzy hotels for work and I had to trust him. Maybe Beth and Andrew would be some people to ask. He goes away a lot for work.

No, I know. I AM insecure. but I am NOT controlling. Lol. I never said he "couldn't" go. I gave my opinion on it and that was that. His friend just got me so worked up. He's one of those people that has this way of pushing your button just right. It's awful. We've gotten in many MANY fights like this over the 5 years that I've known him.

Now that i'm sane again, :laugh: I still don't WANT him to go, but I also don't want him to resent me for not going, and I think that he deserves some fun. But so do i. So if he gets to go to this thing, I get to go to Chicago with my friends for a weekend.

Sorry for the freak out session and thanks for listening. Sometimes I just need a reality check. (if you guys hadn't notice, sorry about that.) And I really appreciate how you guys are always completely honest with me. It's very grounding. :heart: :heart:

So yeah, crisis over. Jim stood up for me anyway and told this guy to shut his mouth. I knew he :heart: 'd me. :wink:
  • renae77
    Hello All! Boy do we have a heated question here! I'm not gonna get into this one. Just wanted to say hey and see how everyone is doing.
    Vanessa-just wanted to say sorry you are having a rough evening. I do hope it gets better.

Sam-I would have loved to have your supper! That sounded delicious! I love steak!!
This discussion has been closed.