worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I hid my weight pretty well and about a year ago I showed my boyfriend at the time my stomach. He tried to break up with me not long after that because he no longer found me attractive. Thing is that he weighed about the same as me, I just have a bit more loose skin which made everything look worse. He tried to break up with me several times because he found "every other girl on campus more attractive." Funny thing is that he commented to a friend on how I must have "cleaned up" after we broke up :noway:

The best revenge is getting a new boyfriend who is 100 times more attractive and nicer. Now he (ex) walks around looking miserable.

I had a similar ex bf thing. I had to borrow his shorts and he really didn't like that they pretty much fit. He was still bigger than me (he was definitely overweight, too) but it freaked him out that I was almost his size.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I hid my weight pretty well and about a year ago I showed my boyfriend at the time my stomach. He tried to break up with me not long after that because he no longer found me attractive. Thing is that he weighed about the same as me, I just have a bit more loose skin which made everything look worse. He tried to break up with me several times because he found "every other girl on campus more attractive." Funny thing is that he commented to a friend on how I must have "cleaned up" after we broke up :noway:

The best revenge is getting a new boyfriend who is 100 times more attractive and nicer. Now he (ex) walks around looking miserable.

I had a similar ex bf thing. I had to borrow his shorts and he really didn't like that they pretty much fit. He was still bigger than me (he was definitely overweight, too) but it freaked him out that I was almost his size.

That's his insecurity showing and that's not your problem. My present boyfriend is smaller than me, he's a bean pole. I can wear his pants and shirts but I fill them out better. He knows that I'm bigger than him but he doesn't care. If anything he wants to gain weight, not have me lose weight. I'll always weigh more than him too because we're the same weight, women are made to weigh more than men at comparable heights.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was never a fat kid.. chubby perhaps, but fit all the same... just both my sisters are twigs so I've always been the fat sister.

My step pop used to call me Stumpy...

And my friends (lovely as they are ppffffttttt) always say "doesn't matter you have a belly when your boobs are so big"... I think they're just jealous of my boobs. But maybe not :/
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Many..i was made fun of in 4th grade when fieldday came some kid pointmed me out to be the anchor in the tug of war cuz i was the biggest.

My nieces and nephews point out things to me all the time..I know their kids but damn it still hurts.

I couldnt ride on a rollercoaster when i was 19 cuz i could fit the metal rail over my shoulders

My last name rhymes with the famous whale free willy..so yea..i was called that

this just depressed me to relive this lol..i wanna move on with my life
  • breanndavis_00
    Options
    I have had several comments made, but the one that I think really made me want to change my life is:
    "You have a beautiful face, but I'd never be interested in you. You're too chubby." said to me by a guy at the bar a couple of weeks ago!
    Weeeellll, excuse me, I may be 'too chubby' but I can lose it, but you sir, will always be a shallow douche! :D
  • calamitydown
    Options
    "if i were your boyfriend, i would want to kill myself to end my misery."

right after calling me fat/overweight so i assume that's what it was linked to.
  • karolinabaltulyte
    Options
    My classmate told me : in the beginning of studies you looked so beautiful, now you look fat.
    Another classmate : dont eat.
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have had several comments made, but the one that I think really made me want to change my life is:
    "You have a beautiful face, but I'd never be interested in you. You're too chubby." said to me by a guy at the bar a couple of weeks ago!
    Weeeellll, excuse me, I may be 'too chubby' but I can lose it, but you sir, will always be a shallow douche! :D

I totally agree with the last statement :). We can work hard and lose the weight. You will be beautiful no matter what. He isn't attractive on the inside and doesn't even realize it so he probably won't change. I bet he thought he was giving you a compliment. I've had similar comments throughout my life. It got stuck in my head so that I believed it was my only good feature and I even picked that apart. This process is helping me learn to see my good qualities since I used to pay a lot more attention to the fewer negative comments than the positive ones.
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have always been big and there have been so many things that people have said or done that has about my weight.
    I NEVER heard the end of it from my stepfather. It was always "You're fat. You're ugly." I was around 9 at the time and it still continues today at 29. But some of the worst things was when he would lock me out of the house and make me run up and down the street in front of our house and around our block over and over again. Sometimes around our house and do countless sit ups and push ups and wrestle with my sisters and "I should win because I am so much bigger than them!" I was so embaressed to be seen and that continues today. I feel like I am never gonna be able to feel better about myself and I know that if he had just went about it differently then maybe I wouldnt look and feel this way now.:cry:
  • evakay1
    evakay1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Even at the depths of my eating disorder:

Dad: Your getting fat.
    Mum: You'd be really pretty if you lost another 5 kg.
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thought I already posted but it said the topic was locked. I'm so glad it got continued because we all need to know that there are so many other people out there that have been through this.

Another repressed memory...my ex husband told me once that my profile "disgusted" him (he walked in on me changing) and he refused to sleep in the bed with me. He would sleep on the floor and tell me that he just couldn't do it. I definitely turned him OFF. He then cheated on me with 1. a size 0 "friend" who complained that she was fat but wore all these cute clothes like corsets. I was heavy and would never dream of wearing those. 2. a woman from his job who was at least 100-150 lbs HEAVIER THAN ME!! Talk about being confused.

Karma is sweet though. He ended up with a VERY heavy woman who is just as ugly on the inside as she was on the outside. I am re-married to a man who loved me and called me beautiful no matter how heavy I got. I am happy with myself finally and the first 150lbs I lost was the *kitten* I divorced. No man you are with should ever treat you like that. EVER.

Guess who calls me and texts me now looking for convo because he can't stand the girl he's with? KARMA M F-er!! :laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    "eat a cheeseburger" OR "someone should forcefeed you a sammich..."

I hate this! It sucks that we live in a world where you're made fun of for being fat and mocked for being fit too. Seems like you just can't win!

I think you are gorgeous btw. :smile:

aw, thank you :blushing:
  • tdj819
    tdj819 Posts: 41
    Options
    Both of my sisters are skinny minis even after kids. not me,,,I had the athletic build in HS but no curves, just flat all the way down, then boom,,,i WAKE UP AND I'M FAT! I have PCOS and that doesn't help but not an excuse. My oldest sister commented not long ago,,,YOU US TO BE SO PRETTY.....NOW,,,YOU'RE JUST PLAIN OLE FAT!" WOW,,,I didn't let her see me cringe in pain. I simply smiled and said,,,I could get to be 500 pounds, people will still like me, you on the other hand, will still be an ugly skinny b i t c h!
    She doesn't understand the havoc my body went through for 3 years taking fertility drugs and never had a baby. Not only do I struggle with weight, but the heart ache of forever being childless.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    My grandpa sat me on his lap when I was about 13 years old and explained to me that if I didn't lose any weight I'd never find someone who would want to marry me.
  • Iceylyons
    Options
    Both of my sisters are skinny minis even after kids. not me,,,I had the athletic build in HS but no curves, just flat all the way down, then boom,,,i WAKE UP AND I'M FAT! I have PCOS and that doesn't help but not an excuse. My oldest sister commented not long ago,,,YOU US TO BE SO PRETTY.....NOW,,,YOU'RE JUST PLAIN OLE FAT!" WOW,,,I didn't let her see me cringe in pain. I simply smiled and said,,,I could get to be 500 pounds, people will still like me, you on the other hand, will still be an ugly skinny b i t c h!
    She doesn't understand the havoc my body went through for 3 years taking fertility drugs and never had a baby. Not only do I struggle with weight, but the heart ache of forever being childless.

((HUGS)) :cry:
  • Iceylyons
    Options
    My grandpa sat me on his lap when I was about 13 years old and explained to me that if I didn't lose any weight I'd never find someone who would want to marry me.

Oh. My. God. What is it with all these grandparents that are so damned mean? I'm sorry =(
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    coworker: "hey chubs..."
    mom: "hah, you'll never make it up that hill!"
    boyfriend: "don't wear my boxers, you might rip them when you bend over"
    sister: "Look at your back rolls! They're getting bigger than your boobs! If you flip your hair, people would be confused which is front and which is back!"
    dad: "If you get bigger, they'll think you're not my daughter"
    stranger at a store: *whispering to someone else while pointing at me "dude hurry before she gets the last of the soda"

yup... just about everyone ...
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    When I was 13 years old, I went on a trip to Florida with my church group. One night on the bus, a group of very pretty girls started trashing the rest of the girls on the bus. They were in the back, but they were LOUD, and anything we didn't hear for ourselves, we were filled in about later from those sitting closer to them. They called me Shamu. I was absolutely horrified and I have been on "diets" ever since. The comment literally changed my life, and gave me a horrible self image.

It took me years to realize that at the time, I actually had a very pretty little body, and I had gotten curves way faster than they had. I wasn't the least bit overweight, I just wasn't stick thin like they were.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hey you would be great on The Biggest Loser.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    That said, the worst things said about me, were the things I said about myself. All us fatties no the self deprecation mode we get into because of our insecurities.