worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options
    My friend was going to introduce me to this"nice' guy she thought we'd hit it off......after meeting him that night, I saw him grab her and pull her to the side and tell her "you're nuts if you think i'm going to go out with that fatty" he said it and was laughing at the same time and so was my friend...

I'm still friends with her til this day.....funny thing is now she's as overweight as I am now! I wonder if she ever thinks about that night.
  • purpleychick
    purpleychick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I was 16, I went to Planned Parenthood for birth control pills. The "doctor" while giving me an exam said she didn't understand why any boy would want to have sex with me, because I was obese.
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    One person from high school walked up to me and said. "You WERE the pretty one in high school" and one of my husband's friends saw me when I was pregnant and told him "You must have put a quarterback in there". Family members "Back when you used to have a nice figure".
  • nessamarie6
    nessamarie6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    in Middle School and High School i was called chin chin by the same boy. i hated that nickname. it stuck with me till this day, but now the stupid guy is in jail so who has the last laugh!!!
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The absolute worst comment for me, which I had forgotten about because it was so terrible...

I was 20 and weighed 250 lbs at 5' 10" and pregnant with my first baby. My husband was in the Marine Corps and so I got to see a good ole Navy doc right on base. We went in and did the usual then were asked to step into the office to discuss options.

In the doctors office, the doctor offered to do an abortion that same afternoon because there was no way I could deliver a healthy baby and survive at my current weight.

I cried for weeks and weeks and still cry about it. I did deliver a happy healthy baby at a different military hospital with no problems and even went on to have another baby at home 5 years later.

Yes, I am aware of all the risks of having a baby while overweight. Thanks!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this is why i have a grandparents phobia, mine hated me too.
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My maiden name is "small"' so I got called holly big, holly large, holly not small, you get the picture.
    I was thrilled to get married and change my name!
  • megster84
    Options
    I luckily have not had a lot of horrible comments made my way. The only one I think I have heard that stuck with me was in highschool (10years ago), and a kid who was about 5ft 4 called me fat *kitten*. He was just a little punk (literally), but i've never forgotten those words. My wonderful supportive boyfriend (who by the way is 6ft 145 pounds), told me that I shouldnt let what that little man said to me so many years ago and that all that should matter is how I view myself. So now everytime I think of that comment, I also remind myself what my boyfriend said and how right he is.
  • beautybandit1
    Options
    By ex-boyfriend once said to me in front of my whole family "aw, it's okay... I still love you my FLUBBER" referencing the little green fat mucusy thing that was made into a movie. My family giggled, I know they weren't trying to be mean about it, but it stuck with me.

Another one - guy was talking about his car and I wasn't interested in it (we were all talking in a group) - he asked what kind of car I drove, I said a BMW. He said "really?" and I said "no, what does it matter? I still don't like your car" He said "well, just keep it moving fatty" I began to tell him how it's funny that he talks so much about materialistic things. It was probably due to the fact that he was over-compensating for eh, much SMALLER things in his life.... It hurt so bad for him to yell that out in front of friends and guys we were just meeting up with, and have them look at me, just to see my reaction. Well, 4 mos later and 15 lbs down, the same guy who told me to keep it moving, was hitting on me... I asked him if he still had his s*it beater of a car... and I knew looking into his eyes, he remembered then and there... no apology, but I didn't need one... I just smiled while sipping my captain and diet... =)
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When I was 16, I went to Planned Parenthood for birth control pills. The "doctor" while giving me an exam said she didn't understand why any boy would want to have sex with me, because I was obese.

That's awful! I'm so sorry that was said to you.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    The absolute worst comment for me, which I had forgotten about because it was so terrible...

I was 20 and weighed 250 lbs at 5' 10" and pregnant with my first baby. My husband was in the Marine Corps and so I got to see a good ole Navy doc right on base. We went in and did the usual then were asked to step into the office to discuss options.

In the doctors office, the doctor offered to do an abortion that same afternoon because there was no way I could deliver a healthy baby and survive at my current weight.

I cried for weeks and weeks and still cry about it. I did deliver a happy healthy baby at a different military hospital with no problems and even went on to have another baby at home 5 years later.

Yes, I am aware of all the risks of having a baby while overweight. Thanks!

*Hugs* So glad your baby was healthy. That doctor sounds like an *kitten* hat!
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was picking up some chinese food for myself and my nephew and this pompous guy came in bragging on his life's story and what not. He asked what do I do, and I told him I'm working on my Masters degree in Health promotion and education. He gave me the big once over. After that he went on about how he does lectures on diabetes and HIV, and I said the focus of my studies is chronic disease prevention. This jerk had the nerve to say well you're overweight yourself, and probably diabetic. That completely ticked me the heck off. But I let it go, and told him I'm working on it as I grab my order and walked out. Before I got out the door he said "Bye, see you in a hospital some time". Ugh whyyyyyyy do jerks like this exist. I wanted to cry at first, but decided not to even give him the satisfaction because he doesn't know that I run, eat healthy, and walk most likely more than he does. It just makes me want this MORE!!
  • jodihemi
    jodihemi Posts: 1
    Options
    Ladies, I am so saddened by the posts that I read. I have been a big girl, curvy, fat, thick (i actually like this one) BBW my whole life. I understand the comments, riducling and ego bashing that you all have endured. I am can honestly say I was blessed to have people who loved me no matter and taught me that you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.
    Love yourselves ladies. Stand in front of mirror and pick the thing you love about yourself and flaunt it. For some it may not be a physical trait, instead it may be how smart you are, you funny are, how caring you are. Then find people, new friends, new boyfriends, a workout partner, a pleasantly plump woman on the treadmill next to you at the gym who can use a smile and an encouraging word, a message board peer who will take the time to embrace those traits.
    I have always been okay with myself. I am now 44 and totally embrace my body in my skin. So much that I am now doing a full figure fashion show and modeling lingerie. Take heart ladies....love yourself....and for heaven's sake ditch anyone who doesn't love you right now...because they won't love you once your skinny either... then you hair will be wrong color, or you will "have changed she she lost all the extra weight" and on and on....
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said to me that my *kitten* was getting wider. He said this while I was getting dressed. Even though I've lost all the weight I needed to, I'm still uncomfortable with him seeing me naked.

I think it's time for a new boyfriend. That was nasty.

That is EXACTLY what I am thinking, Lauren!!!
  • WVHeather
    WVHeather Posts: 53
    Options
    We are regulars at a local Italian restaurant. I had had my second child about 4 months before and at the time, I was not overweight. I had lost almost all of my baby weight. When we walked in the owner said, "Haven't you had that baby yet? You're bigger than a barn!" I just about died and when my husband and I were seated I just sat and cried during the meal.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    In the middle of a get together with a bunch of people... one "friend" who is now fatter than I am, haha thank you Karma...pulls out a measuring tape and says "you have really fat arms... let's see just how big they are" :(
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Sure ..........

"Well, you've had kids".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I am so saddened by the posts that I read. I have been a big girl, curvy, fat, thick (i actually like this one) BBW my whole life. I understand the comments, riducling and ego bashing that you all have endured. I am can honestly say I was blessed to have people who loved me no matter and taught me that you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.
    Love yourselves ladies. Stand in front of mirror and pick the thing you love about yourself and flaunt it. For some it may not be a physical trait, instead it may be how smart you are, you funny are, how caring you are. Then find people, new friends, new boyfriends, a workout partner, a pleasantly plump woman on the treadmill next to you at the gym who can use a smile and an encouraging word, a message board peer who will take the time to embrace those traits.
    I have always been okay with myself. I am now 44 and totally embrace my body in my skin. So much that I am now doing a full figure fashion show and modeling lingerie. Take heart ladies....love yourself....and for heaven's sake ditch anyone who doesn't love you right now...because they won't love you once your skinny either... then you hair will be wrong color, or you will "have changed she she lost all the extra weight" and on and on....

You are so right!
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options

I love your message! Kudos to you!!! :)
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nope he is still married to my mother. I try to spend the least amount of time with him as possible because it still hurts me today everything he has said or did. He doesnt talk about my weight as much but a stray comment will escape from him every now and then. Its funny that I can love him, but HATE him at the same time :(