worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have always been big and there have been so many things that people have said or done that has about my weight.
    I NEVER heard the end of it from my stepfather. It was always "You're fat. You're ugly." I was around 9 at the time and it still continues today at 29. But some of the worst things was when he would lock me out of the house and make me run up and down the street in front of our house and around our block over and over again. Sometimes around our house and do countless sit ups and push ups and wrestle with my sisters and "I should win because I am so much bigger than them!" I was so embaressed to be seen and that continues today. I feel like I am never gonna be able to feel better about myself and I know that if he had just went about it differently then maybe I wouldnt look and feel this way now.:cry:

Please tell me he's out of your life?
  • MeStephy
    MeStephy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :happy:
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    My BF said that he though I looked gross when I was changing because he thinks my ribs were sticking out of my back too much while i was bent over. I work really hard to be healthy and gain muscle so this just crushed me.
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said to me that my *kitten* was getting wider. He said this while I was getting dressed. Even though I've lost all the weight I needed to, I'm still uncomfortable with him seeing me naked.

That big meanie deserves a boot to the curb :mad:
  • lonnieboy
    Options
    We were sitting around talking about riding horses, and my Grandma overheard us and made the statement that I would need a pretty good size horse because I was so fat. This hurt my feelings and embarassed me more. People, even your own family, can be so cruel, especially those who have never had a weight problem.
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    Last year I got engaged and started planning my wedding and when I went into a bridal shop to try on a gown and the shop assistant just looked at me and said " sorry I don't think we can help you here, but you could try a diet" At 228lbs i knew i was big but i was so taken back by it i actually called my wedding off and we are now waiting for me to reach my 100lbs weight loss goal x
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I haven't get comments that awful, like the ones I've been reading here. BTW, ladies, you are beautiful no matter what. We are here to be a healthier version of ourselves, and is nobody bussiness what we do to be healthy, or what we are doing to get in shape. Anyway, I can't stand when I see people that I haven't seen in years and they can't get over the fact that now I carry extra pounds: "OMG! you're so fat!, I can't believe it. Last time I saw you were super thin" Or the worst one I have get: "I haven't see you in a lot of kilos". I'm 5'8", and I was 145 lb, I was using size 6 of jeans, but I got up to 206. I know I'm carrying extra pounds and all, but I don't need anybody to come and say it to my face or to remind me how thin I used to be. This is how I am right now and I'm sorry for you if you can't hadle it. Usually when I find a person like that, there is a point when I say "I gotta go!" and leave them standing right there.
  • nomayo
    Options
    :)
  • nomayo
    Options
    Last year I got engaged and started planning my wedding and when I went into a bridal shop to try on a gown and the shop assistant just looked at me and said " sorry I don't think we can help you here, but you could try a diet" At 228lbs i knew i was big but i was so taken back by it i actually called my wedding off and we are now waiting for me to reach my 100lbs weight loss goal x

I am sorry Stacey_Lorrai! I can't believe the assistant said that to you. How rude and irresponsable from her part. I remember when my sister was getting marry, she lost a lot of weight for her wedding, she was probably aroung 240 lb, and lost like 60, but when she was trying wedding dresses one day, she was around 200 lb, and the assistant at the bridal salon was like "that dress doesn't look good on you, because your back is ginormous", with the next dress the problem was my sister's arms "they're too big"... she didn't bought anything that day, but she make sure to report the assistant to the manager and my sis made very clear how all those comments made them lost a sale.

I hope you get to your goal, but not because of a wedding dress, but for a better, healthier you. Hugs.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Anyone who tells me I am fat, I tell them "I maybe fat, but you are ugly... I can diet"
  • smousley
    smousley Posts: 60
    Options
    I have two that I can think of off the top of my head:
    1. I have been a nanny for the past few years and when working with one little boy, he turned to me and said, "you're only KINDA fat." -How sweet, only "kinda" fat.
    2. I was out at a club with a good friend of mine who is a size zero. We met these guys and one continued to hit on me. This would seem like a good thing but the only compliment he could come up with was, "You have a pretty face." As odd as it may seem, that one really bothered me because the way he said it made it obvious that he didn't feel the same way about my body....
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    "so how far along are you ?"

-_-
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    sheeesh I've had a ton.... Nothing like being out at a local bar and the bartender saying Hun are you sure you should be drinking ( as she pointed to my stomach) Embarassing... My ex tossed all kinds of em out his mouth- "you're not sexy like you were when we met, you're just getting too fat... I wouldn't have to be spotted by your friends at a bar with another female if you would just drop a hundred pounds".... which only led me to eat more and do nothing but sit in the house. I think about all those comments everyday I work out... After all Victory will be mine when I can run onto all those rude people in 5 years and watch their mouth drop!
  • WVHeather
    WVHeather Posts: 53
    Options
    That is so very sweet. That really made my evening.
  • WVHeather
    WVHeather Posts: 53
    Options
    That is so very sweet. That really made my evening.

Oops...I was replying to what Laurej said and forgot to quote it.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    "... lose 20lbs and give me a 6-pack and I'd f**k ya!"
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am a transplanted Brit now living in the US, and had not been back home to England for 4 years. With delays and travel time, it took me 24 hours travel to get home. I get there, and the first thing my MOTHER said after not seeing me for 4 years was "WOW your fat". Not.. I have missed you.. nice to see you. Now you know why there is an ocean between us.
  • erikapereira
    Options
    "MOVE, fatass!" .... I was nine at the time. I had just gotten the wind knocked out of me with a soccerball on the playground.

"I would so *kitten* that fat *kitten*!" ...... this was just last year. I enjoy karaoke night at a local bar because, well, I'm not terrible at it. That particular night I was getting a following when I'd go up to sing. This drunk *kitten* in the bar of the bar decided this was an appropriate comment to throw at me as I was singing. Gee, glad you like the singing, NOT the way to go about asking for a date, though.

Guy at a bar: "So, when are you due?" Me, a waitress: "......I'm not pregnant." Him: "Oh..."
    Five minutes later....Him: "So is it a boy or a girl?" Me: "......I said I'm NOT pregnant. THANKS."

ohh man thats so cruel :S
  • wimbels
    wimbels Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was at Rainn nightclub in Vegas 3 years and 40 pounds ago and some drunk guy called me a fat b*tch.
    Oh and there was maybe this one time when my (still current!) boyfriend told me to 'lose the gut'. That has stuck with me forever.
  • erikapereira
    Options
    A teammate of mine referred to me as the Michelin Man. I now have a sticker of the Michelin Man on my car as a little reminder and motivation.

this is funny