worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow - these are all so horrible. For me.. any nasty comments have been forgotten. I have enough issues with my own negative self-talk and telling myself how fat I am. I don't need to listen to others bad comments. That being said, it always bugged me when people made the comment, "You have such a beautiful face!" What and the rest of me is chopped liver.

The worst part is, my MIL is horrible about making fat comments... and she really isn't one to be talking. It saddens me and disgusts me. The person you are making the fat comments too, might have lost more weight already than you have dreamed of. If you don't know - shut the mouth.
  • Mrs2bo
    Mrs2bo Posts: 3
    Options
    The worst thing anyone every said about me...that I could here:

*In high school, my boyfriend's Grandpa called me "Chubby Checker"
    *A few years ago, I was paying our water bill at the city hall, which is essentially an office because the town had only 1200 people. Anyway, I was filling out some kind of form and could only fit the first 3 letters of my 4 letter last name. Those 3 letters happened to be Tub. The (skinny) lady said, "Is your last name Tubbo?" I said no...Tubo (pronounced Two-bough). This little event has stuck with me for years.
    *Whe I am at family gatherings or out to eat, it is always assumed that I will eat any sweets that the others don't want. "Amanda will eat it. Here ya go!" Eff that, I hate that!
  • ConnieBoles
    ConnieBoles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My nickname through out high school was "meat", no one thought it might hurt.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I get the "pregnant" comment or look (if I drink alcohol in public) very often, almost every week.

My ex was horrible, watching my weight, what I eat, making fat gestures if I would eat dessert, telling me that my belly made him want to barf, that I should be like those models, photoshopping my pics so I didn't look as fat, screwing my mind so much that when I was at my thinnest, I couldn't see I was at an healthy weight (in my case it's around 170, i'm 5'8). He would control every part of my life so I would look so perfect and he wouldn't be too ashamed of me.
  • ksadler2010
    Options
    had a man break up with me one time. Said if I "lost weight and prettied up a little maybe we could've worked out."
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    The first thing my sister, who is stick thin from drug use, said when she saw me for the first time in two years was "OMG youre pregnant AGAIN!" ...no, no i was not pregnant

during my first pregnancy she commented on how big my thighs and butt were and gave me clothes that were size small and mocked surprise that i couldnt wear them

during middle school one year she wanted to get matching jeans and at school the next day she denied that it was her idea and made fun of me and even had one of her friends come over and tell me how ugly and fat i was and that i was stupid to wear the same thing as my sister because i would never look as good as her

i could go on, but i think you get the picture, the biggest offense was trying to sabatoge my marriage....yeah, she actually came on to my husband
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    From ex wife:

* "You're so fat... you're wasting my youth! I am embarrassed to be seen with you"

* During sex, she stops me in the middle of it and runs to the toilet and starts gagging and then says I disgust her.

Random assorted things from the years

* Running at the park, I pass a slender girl in her 20s who is running ackwardly. One of those lucky people that obviously never really does any exercise or doesn't know how to run at the least, but stays looking in shape. Her boyfriend is in front of her and he sees me pass her and goes "oh no! HELL NO! There's no way you just let that fat f**k pass you! Get your *kitten* moving!" He was one of those alpha types with the gym rat bodies.

* Running at the park during soccer practice with my team. Group of college girls is running. One points at me and says "ewww look at his belly".

* Running at the park I pass a guy and his little girl who are running. She says "daddy why did you let the fat man pass you?" And he replies "shhhh honey we don't call people fat that's not nice"

* At the gym, I smiled at a girl who looked at me like I was a cockroach and said "dream on, I don't date fatties".

* At one of our irish pubs a couple years ago. I was standing waiting in line and this guy was trying to impress his college-aged girlfriend. He started making rude comments about how fat people need removed from the planet because they are in his way and taking up space and eating all of the food. The girl giggles.

* At the gym I was in a corner doing some dumbbell work and this precious Barbie with full make up is lifting with her boyfriend. She was seated next to the rack where the weights were. I was putting my weights away and had to move around her and she gets this annoyed look on her face, and then turns to her boyfriend and says in a mock-whisper (so that others can hear) "I can't stand going to the gym during this time, too many fat people here wasting everybody's time"

I have more. Those were the ones that stuck out this morning. Being fat is the equivalent of being a leper in the middle ages. It's pretty dehumanizing... but makes for great motivation and fuel for your workouts.

WOW! I am so sorry that these so called humans treated you in this manner. HORRIBLE!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    My mom gave me a Christmas card with $100 and a note that the money was for me to start my weightloss.
  • JessicaW0204
    Options
    From ex wife:

* "You're so fat... you're wasting my youth! I am embarrassed to be seen with you"

* During sex, she stops me in the middle of it and runs to the toilet and starts gagging and then says I disgust her.

* Running at the park, I pass a slender girl in her 20s who is running ackwardly. One of those lucky people that obviously never really does any exercise or doesn't know how to run at the least, but stays looking in shape. Her boyfriend is in front of her and he sees me pass her and goes "oh no! HELL NO! There's no way you just let that fat f**k pass you! Get your *kitten* moving!" He was one of those alpha types with the gym rat bodies.

* Running at the park during soccer practice with my team. Group of college girls is running. One points at me and says "ewww look at his belly".

* Running at the park I pass a guy and his little girl who are running. She says "daddy why did you let the fat man pass you?" And he replies "shhhh honey we don't call people fat that's not nice"

* At the gym, I smiled at a girl who looked at me like I was a cockroach and said "dream on, I don't date fatties".

* At one of our irish pubs a couple years ago. I was standing waiting in line and this guy was trying to impress his college-aged girlfriend. He started making rude comments about how fat people need removed from the planet because they are in his way and taking up space and eating all of the food. The girl giggles.

* At the gym I was in a corner doing some dumbbell work and this precious Barbie with full make up is lifting with her boyfriend. She was seated next to the rack where the weights were. I was putting my weights away and had to move around her and she gets this annoyed look on her face, and then turns to her boyfriend and says in a mock-whisper (so that others can hear) "I can't stand going to the gym during this time, too many fat people here wasting everybody's time"

I have more. Those were the ones that stuck out this morning. Being fat is the equivalent of being a leper in the middle ages. It's pretty dehumanizing... but makes for great motivation and fuel for your workouts.

No offense but your ex-wife sounds like a *****.
  • moocow91
    moocow91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Woahhh good thing she's an ex wife?
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    From ex wife:

Are you serious? Thats RIDICULOUS! I'm sorry.
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    hubbies grandma comes out with them all the time - at 80 years old shes just thinking out loud, doesn't give a *kitten* what she says

The best one from her was 'you used to be so thin and pretty, isn't it a shame' and gives a pitiful look!
  • dragonsheart84
    Options
    That is ugly. Why would you even bother asking me if it looked okay when you can see all of that. Talking about a dress that I was finally able to fit into but still able to see my tummy flap.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was dating a guy for a few weeks and all was going well. We went to dinner on a beautiful night to my fave beer garden pub. We were laughing and having great conversation and then he told me it sucked he could not introduce me to his friends. I asked why and he said, You are pretty and funny and cool but, I usually date thin girls, so they would not understand and would give him crap over it. I sat there stunned.

A few minutes later I excused my self to the restroom and left, jumped in my car and parked a couple blocks away and cried. I swore from that moment on I would never date anyone who could not accept fully, no matter what my weight is.

omg wtf... I am sorry... that people are big ole Dbags- Not all guys are like that honey- you';ll find a good one... :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and it said "Y'all get off me, one at a time". Smartass scale. (Might have been my GF standing behind me).
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am shocked! Auticus to have those kind of comments from anyone is terrible but I cant believe the ex wife ones!
    I have had a fair few over the years as well

1) Your no Vegetarian they dont make them in your size!
    2) (Whilst working in a fish and chip shop) Fish Supper thats if you havn't eaten them all.
    3) It's always good to have a fat friend (no longer friends lol!)

I couldn't agree more though that these are just the fuel we need to carry on.
  • rosefan121
    Options
    I've never had anyone just come up to me and make comments like this... But Oh man.. after I had my son and was 188..... The eyes were enough.. esp when people that knew me from school seen me.. 115 to 188.. Their glares were enough... The only comments that ever got me really mad was my best friend who KNOWS I am self concious about my weight CONSTANTLY complains about being fat.... funny thing.. she's 110... and 5,8.. she looks more like stick figure.... and even more sad.. I know how she eats... a lot.. and whatever she wants and never gains an oz.
  • toglamgirl
    Options
    I was told that I was a hunk of S*** - I was a teenager then. Also a few years I was told - your face is so beautiful and you have a fantastic voice, too bad the rest of you doesn't match. This was told to by an adult - believe it or not. Various other comments - not even worthy of putting into print - but hurtful

I cannot believe some of these posts and the comments that people have endured. The people that make such comments are the very very ugly ones, rotting inside until one day - they will get their just desserts.
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Someone once congratulated me on being pregnant.... And I wasn't...
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    "so you're due like any day right?" uuugggggg!!!:explode: