worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've had many, many comments, most of them were in highschool but also from my grandmother. Luckily my mom has always been supportive. Once in highschool I had a cute little purse that was a black and white pony print, so I thought. The first day I took it to school, a girl who was fatter than me said "I bet she took the skin off her *kitten* to make that purse" implying I had a cow hide. I cried and never carried it again. In college I hung out with a nice looking dude a couple of times and when I asked when we were going on an official date, he said never because I neeeded to lose weight and get a tan. I've also been called "royally fat" by a man who asked me out and tried to get sex and when I declined he got offended.
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    Wow! Mine don't even compare to some of these. The ones that stick out for me are when people thought I was pregnant ....3 yrs after I had my son! Especially if they pat your stomach and ask when you're due. I didn't like it when I was pregnant and sure as hell didn't like it after the fact!

Best thing was when I went to my middle school reunion some of the girls that made fun of me apologized and they were no longer skinny minis. My Mom saw a group pick of me with them and some of the guys (who also gained some weight) and she said I am still the most beautiful out of that class. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was dating a guy for a few weeks and all was going well. We went to dinner on a beautiful night to my fave beer garden pub. We were laughing and having great conversation and then he told me it sucked he could not introduce me to his friends. I asked why and he said, You are pretty and funny and cool but, I usually date thin girls, so they would not understand and would give him crap over it. I sat there stunned.

A few minutes later I excused my self to the restroom and left, jumped in my car and parked a couple blocks away and cried. I swore from that moment on I would never date anyone who could not accept fully, no matter what my weight is.

i really hope you see him again... so you can walk up to him and punch him in the face....
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mine is nothing compared to most of the comments on here, but when I was 16, my then boyfriend told me he thought I was fat.
    I was a size 10- US size 6 and may have been a bit pudgy-but I was NOT fat.
    He would monitor what I was eating, "are you suuure you want that?".

My mother also told me I looked six months pregnant last year.

My father was constantly on me about my weight growing up.
    I remember this one time, I was bending down to get something out of the fridge and he called out "Woah , total eclipse!".
    He reduced me to tears so many times and again, I wasn't even fat!

My now SO, is fantastic, he's incredibly supportive and has never made me feel gross or ugly.
    He only asks me "do you really want that?" because I've instructed him to. It makes me rethink my choices.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Telling my friend i'd joined this site;

So you've found Facebook for fatties?!

Well at least i'm trying to do something about it!

Too right, you are, and good on you. I hope you stick to it and achieve everything you are aiming for.

You need a new friend, maybe.
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    From ex wife:

* "You're so fat... you're wasting my youth! I am embarrassed to be seen with you"

* During sex, she stops me in the middle of it and runs to the toilet and starts gagging and then says I disgust her.

Random assorted things from the years

* Running at the park, I pass a slender girl in her 20s who is running ackwardly. One of those lucky people that obviously never really does any exercise or doesn't know how to run at the least, but stays looking in shape. Her boyfriend is in front of her and he sees me pass her and goes "oh no! HELL NO! There's no way you just let that fat f**k pass you! Get your *kitten* moving!" He was one of those alpha types with the gym rat bodies.

* Running at the park during soccer practice with my team. Group of college girls is running. One points at me and says "ewww look at his belly".

* Running at the park I pass a guy and his little girl who are running. She says "daddy why did you let the fat man pass you?" And he replies "shhhh honey we don't call people fat that's not nice"

* At the gym, I smiled at a girl who looked at me like I was a cockroach and said "dream on, I don't date fatties".

* At one of our irish pubs a couple years ago. I was standing waiting in line and this guy was trying to impress his college-aged girlfriend. He started making rude comments about how fat people need removed from the planet because they are in his way and taking up space and eating all of the food. The girl giggles.

* At the gym I was in a corner doing some dumbbell work and this precious Barbie with full make up is lifting with her boyfriend. She was seated next to the rack where the weights were. I was putting my weights away and had to move around her and she gets this annoyed look on her face, and then turns to her boyfriend and says in a mock-whisper (so that others can hear) "I can't stand going to the gym during this time, too many fat people here wasting everybody's time"

I have more. Those were the ones that stuck out this morning. Being fat is the equivalent of being a leper in the middle ages. It's pretty dehumanizing... but makes for great motivation and fuel for your workouts.

WOW! I am so sorry that these so called humans treated you in this manner. HORRIBLE!

this actually upset me the most when she went and gagged how bloody dear she, so glad she is now your EX no one should be treated like that x

the other comment was the lady with the prom dress PLEASE DONT TAKE HER WITH YOU take someone u trust and love x

i have had a load of comments but i actually dont listen to them i WILL NOT GIVE THEM THE POWER TO HURT me

when i am at goal i will just say SEE I DID IT, u cant change being a total kn*bhead x
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I havent had any in my adult life, but growing up in school I was nicknamed "fatback" and was teased in P.E. classes. You NEVER forget those things.
  • IseLedon
    IseLedon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband told me on our tenth wedding anniversary that I was the fat ugly b***h that was making his life hell!

Oh my God!
  • IseLedon
    Options

A male friend who I was out with one night to celebrate both our birthdays decided to state: "I'm not going to tell you you're pretty because you aren't. You know I'm used to dating women a lot prettier than you and even now broke and broken as I am (he had medical issues that left him basically impotent and was out of work so I had taken him out as a treat for our bdays) I could easily get a girl prettier than you. But that would be pointless for me now. So i'd rather hang out with you - someone i get along with but am not at all attracted to so that way I'm not frustrated the whole time we're together" To this day I don't understand why he felt the need to tell me all that.

Please tell me you're not still friends with this guy! Regardless of how he feels (which of course, he didn't need to tell you), a friend does not say hurtful things to another friend. That's not a true friend. I hope you've since dumped him.
  • IseLedon
    Options
    Sorry sir, you cannot rent this kayak. The max safe weight is 250 lbs

OMG, I had that problem once when I wanted to go horseback riding! 235 lbs max. :(

Something kind of similar happened to me this last December. I went to Islands of Adventure in Orlando with some friends, and I love love love roller coasters. I was really looking forward to it. Then I start paying attention, and there are "seats" outside of the rides, before you go in line, so people can test them out and see if they fit properly (if they are tall enough, or if they are even small enough to fit in the seat). There was a kid sitting in the "test-seat" just chillin', so I didn't try, but the whole line up to the ride I was worried. When I finally got up to the ride, I saw some guy tried, didn't fit, and had to get up and leave (how humiliating). Then I sat, and the seat wouldn't close properly.. the attendant had to come over and push down hard on it. It ended up shutting (I could hardly breathe, it was so tight), she asked if I was alright, and off we went. But it was an awful feeling, that it's reached this point, even if I was the only one who noticed... Things like this kinda wake you up..
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    First of all.....these are really hard to read, but it's nice to know that we are not alone. Here's the one that sticks out the most:

I was filling in for someone on maternity leave and and I was leaving one day and another employee I didn't know very well asked me if I was close to my due date, in front of a bunch of co-workers. I explained that I wasn't pregnant, just fat, then I went out to my car and cried!
  • mission_possible
    Options
    I'm reading through these posts with amazement. In a bad way. I cannot believe how cruel people are. I have been fortunate to have only gained weight when I was pregnant. Here I am, 6 months postpartum and only have the last 10lbs to lose (out of 70 gained). I was pregnant, so no one ever picked on me. I couldn't ever imagine myself having bad thoughts about someone based on their appearance. Let alone say something so mean and heartless.

I am proud to be the mother of my daughter as in she will be taught to be respectful and never shallow, especially of appearances. Looks mean nothing. Whether you are overweight, skinny, black, white, pretty, or ugly. "Beauty" fades. It's all about one's personality, which lasts and lasts.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I feel so sad reading these :( , the people who say these things are just plain stupid. I've never really gotten any comments on my weight outside of my family, i've never been overweight, but my Dad regularly commented on my body during growing up, how my clothes looked too small (when I would wear something like jeans) , that I have a pot belly, etc. Little did we know that this 'pot belly' he paid so much attention to was due to an abscess in my intestine which was bleeding out causing my stomach to bloat, where I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Which I inherited from HIS side of the family.

Ugh, this whole post just made me a little angry. People are so horrible.
  • IseLedon
    Options
    It's funny how these types of comments can really stick with a person, no matter how much time goes by. I'm 34 now. When I was about 15 or so, I was at the beach with a friend of mine. She was thin, blonde, gorgeous (still is). The one all the guys drooled over. We were getting back in our car, and a guy yelled from across the street, something flirtatious, I can't remember what it was. I waved, and then he yelled "Not you, you fat b***h! Your friend!". Something so small and insignificant, and almost 2 decades later, I still remember how much it stung. That kind of thing happened a lot in high school.

Sometimes it hurts, even though you know they don't mean to be hurtful. A friend I have known for about 15-20 years, comes from a Cuban family, where I guess they are just super open about what they are thinking, without any regard. Just blunt. I don't see him or his family as much as I used to, since we've gotten older and all, but still sometimes I go over there for family parties and such, and his dad, ALWAYS has to make a comment about the weight I have gained over the years. Always. About how I better lose weight if I want to find a man, etc etc. The last one was about 3 weeks ago, (he's a major perv too, which you just come to terms with at some point, knowing he's not a bad person), he said something along the lines of "you need to find yourself a really big guy, so he can "take" you in bed". Meaning, I'm so big, that the only way someone can take charge in bed with me is if they are bigger than me, and that guy better be huge. I don't remember the exact words, but that was the idea. He says it with a smile, and you choose to blow it off, especially cuz they're like family too, but it stings a little for sure..

These kinds of comments used to hurt a lot more when I was younger, and more impressionable. Throughout the years though, I've just developed a bit of an attitude. Lol. I'll tell people to f*** off, if they catch me on a bad day and say something mean. It kinda sucks though, because I've built a wall.

I know not everyone is mean and cruel, but especially living in the South Florida area, there are way too many shallow people, for my taste... Sad..
  • katiebaby74
    Options
    No one told me you were pregnant again, how wonderful when it's due soon?? Grrrr
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'd always been thin and average sized, but blew up during college. My super fit dad whom I idolize, saw me for the first time in months and said, "I do not like the way you look, you are getting fat."
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've heard the comments but they never bothered me. The only way they can is if you put any value into their opinions. Except for immediate family, do you really give a crap about other peoples opinions? When its family and you/or you do give a crap, then it can hurt.
  • iLinduh
    iLinduh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've heard the comments but they never bothered me. The only way they can is if you put any value into their opinions. Except for immediate family, do you really give a crap about other peoples opinions? When its family and you/or you do give a crap, then it can hurt.

Truth.

Every day of my life, my mom tells me I'm fat, ugly and disgusting. Even though I hear it every day, it still hurts just as much and my self-esteem has suffered greatly.

When I lost weight the first time, she never encouraged me, she only told me I would fail, that I was still ugly and go back to being fat.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options

About a year on a flight coming back from a business trip I sat next to an older lady. I had helped her get her carryon bag into the overhead bin and had helped her communicate with the flight attendant since English did not seem to be her first language. Boy did she have me fooled on that. I noticed she was furiously writing in this note pad but didn't think much of it until she ripped the pages out and handed them to me. It was 7 pages of how disgusting, vile, selfish and ugly I was. Telling me I shouldn't go out in public because it wasn't fair to force other people to have to look at me. then proceeded to write out a daily diet plan for me. i was stunned and mortified. i just turn my head and started to cry and couldn't wait for the plane to land.

I would have ordered a cup of coffee and accidentally spilled it in her lap. Whoopsie!
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    when i was about 11 i was going to an in home day care. every day the son of the day care providers (he was about 15) would get his friends together and would taunt me with supid songs.

erin bo barron the big fat fo ferrin. i heard that over and over. there was also erin's too fat to ride the bus! over and over. that last one doesnt even make sense since i rode the bus there with all the other kids.

i spent most of my time at that place crying behind the couch. and i wasnt fat, i was a big girl, but i was muscular. i just had a layer of baby fat. kids can be so cruel.
    Kids really can, this reminded me of when I use to go to home day care too. With me it it was the two boys who use to torture me pulling my hair and saying and doing horrible things because I was fat. blah I hated that and I let it all happen because I was sure I deserve to be treated that way because all the other kids would alway say I was Fat.