worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sorry sir, you cannot rent this kayak. The max safe weight is 250 lbs

OMG, I had that problem once when I wanted to go horseback riding! 235 lbs max. :(
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Sorry sir, you cannot rent this kayak. The max safe weight is 250 lbs

OMG, I had that problem once when I wanted to go horseback riding! 235 lbs max. :(

That's one of the things I'm looking forward to being able to do soon!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    "Keep doing whatever it is you are doing to lose weight. I don't want to F*** a fat girl." An ex-boyfriend who was overweight himself! That comment set off over a decade of messed up eating habits.

"You'd be perfect if you just had a boob job, lost weight, highlighted your hair, etc." Ex-husband who was a total waste of oxygen but I didn't realize it until after we got married.

Oh, and the heaviest I EVER was (non-pregnant) was 155lbs. I'm 5'8". Yeah...

ARGH! this makes me so mad. this is very similar to me. D:< what a*holes!!!
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    Your not fat, your fluffy..

I hate that word... Fluffy :explode:
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    OMG I have one!! I had just had our daughter, via c-section. My husband had to help my clean my incision for the first week. We got in an argument one night and he preceeded to tell me how my "FOLD" ( the pouch above my c-section scar) disguisted him. He called me folds, fatas**..you name it I got called it. Yes we are still married..and it makes me smile in my head still every time he tries to have sex with me...Does he really think he deserves me?

I had my daughter via c-section and after I had her i gained 60 pounds (lost 30 during preg. due to gestational) and IF my husband EVER had the balls to say something mean or cruel to me I would pull a lorna bobbit on that *kitten*!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    When I lost weight 2 years ago I went from 175 to 135. I showed my husband the pics from when I was fat. He said "oh my GOD. I can't believe I ever slept with THAT."
    Coincidentally that was around the time I fell off the wagon. 2 years later he's sleeping with that again I guess.
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    From ex wife:

* "You're so fat... you're wasting my youth! I am embarrassed to be seen with you"

* During sex, she stops me in the middle of it and runs to the toilet and starts gagging and then says I disgust her.

Random assorted things from the years

* Running at the park, I pass a slender girl in her 20s who is running ackwardly. One of those lucky people that obviously never really does any exercise or doesn't know how to run at the least, but stays looking in shape. Her boyfriend is in front of her and he sees me pass her and goes "oh no! HELL NO! There's no way you just let that fat f**k pass you! Get your *kitten* moving!" He was one of those alpha types with the gym rat bodies.

* Running at the park during soccer practice with my team. Group of college girls is running. One points at me and says "ewww look at his belly".

* Running at the park I pass a guy and his little girl who are running. She says "daddy why did you let the fat man pass you?" And he replies "shhhh honey we don't call people fat that's not nice"

* At the gym, I smiled at a girl who looked at me like I was a cockroach and said "dream on, I don't date fatties".

* At one of our irish pubs a couple years ago. I was standing waiting in line and this guy was trying to impress his college-aged girlfriend. He started making rude comments about how fat people need removed from the planet because they are in his way and taking up space and eating all of the food. The girl giggles.

* At the gym I was in a corner doing some dumbbell work and this precious Barbie with full make up is lifting with her boyfriend. She was seated next to the rack where the weights were. I was putting my weights away and had to move around her and she gets this annoyed look on her face, and then turns to her boyfriend and says in a mock-whisper (so that others can hear) "I can't stand going to the gym during this time, too many fat people here wasting everybody's time"

I have more. Those were the ones that stuck out this morning. Being fat is the equivalent of being a leper in the middle ages. It's pretty dehumanizing... but makes for great motivation and fuel for your workouts.

I am so sorry.. Those are horrible!! People can be sooooo rude.. Even if I weighed next to nothing, I would never say things like that!!!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

wow! people are mean. maybe I am sheltered, lol. people aren't that cruel where I've grown up. I'm fat(partly)because no one ever looked at it like it was a bad thing

Wherever you grew up, I want to live there!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a donut shop and I would work the graveyard shift. I would be the only one there from 10 PM until 6 AM.

The one night these young girls came through the drive through and order a ton of egg sandwhiches. I made them. They were chatting with me while I did this. Anyway, once they said they asked if they could tell me something and the one girl then said that fat girls should never show thier arms or stomachs, people don't want to see thier stretch marks.

BTW, I was not wearing a belly top, not that it matters.

Anyway, they drove off quickly then circled around the drive through multiple times. They kept honking and getting out an knocking on the window saying really, really nasty things. So I just ignored locked down the resturant and they got bored after a few minutes and left.

Then about an hour later I get a phone call, and it is some kid asking to speak to the manager. And I am like, it's 2:00 AM there isn't anyone here. She then starts yelling at me, calling me disgusting, and telling me I need to call 1-800-JENNY.

More than anything this experience made me really sad for these kids. The kind of hatred they have is crippling. I can't imagine living with all that rot inside me.

And though it might not be very modern for me to say, I would prefer to be fat than to be that ugly on the inside.
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OMG I have one!! I had just had our daughter, via c-section. My husband had to help my clean my incision for the first week. We got in an argument one night and he preceeded to tell me how my "FOLD" ( the pouch above my c-section scar) disguisted him. He called me folds, fatas**..you name it I got called it. Yes we are still married..and it makes me smile in my head still every time he tries to have sex with me...Does he really think he deserves me?

I had my daughter via c-section and after I had her i gained 60 pounds (lost 30 during preg. due to gestational) and IF my husband EVER had the balls to say something mean or cruel to me I would pull a lorna bobbit on that *kitten*!

That was over 3 years ago..and I still have not let him see me naked since. lol.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    Ha I was reading a post about name calling and it reminded me of when I first met my in-laws :( I got out of my car and walked down the drive way and my father-in-law said to my hubby michael "wow michael when did you go to FL and save a beach whale, you know willy is in the ocean for a reason" I went off on his old *kitten*, especially since he couldnt walk up 5 steps without stopping for a breathe. Of course that was 4 years ago and he is no longer like that to me.
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    oh, and I guess I should throw in there (mind you it took almost two years to lose my weight) my brother asked if I was doing drugs because of how "skinny" I've become. Really, NOW you notice I have lost over 90 lbs, at the end. I told him what I was really thinking because that was WAY over the line. Plus, I have worked my butt off to get this way..
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    I feel so bad for everyone who has had these things said to them!!!! It's just horrible... I've had some rude comments made towards me, but nothing like this... I'm so sorry, keep your heads up!!
  • abberbabber
    Options
    When I lost weight 2 years ago I went from 175 to 135. I showed my husband the pics from when I was fat. He said "oh my GOD. I can't believe I ever slept with THAT."
    Coincidentally that was around the time I fell off the wagon. 2 years later he's sleeping with that again I guess.

How the hell did you manage to not murder him in his sleep? <smdh>
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options

That was over 3 years ago..and I still have not let him see me naked since. lol.

Guess he is wishing he wasnt an *kitten*!
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    oh, and I guess I should throw in there (mind you it took almost two years to lose my weight) my brother asked if I was doing drugs because of how "skinny" I've become. Really, NOW you notice I have lost over 90 lbs, at the end. I told him what I was really thinking because that was WAY over the line. Plus, I have worked my butt off to get this way..

I can relate to this... A few years ago, I lost like. 20 pounds, and my sister told me that I looked like a tweaker because of how skinny I was.. It was offensive, I was happy with how I looked and she made me feel bad all over again!!
  • abberbabber
    Options
    I used to work at a donut shop and I would work the graveyard shift. I would be the only one there from 10 PM until 6 AM.

The one night these young girls came through the drive through and order a ton of egg sandwhiches. I made them. They were chatting with me while I did this. Anyway, once they said they asked if they could tell me something and the one girl then said that fat girls should never show thier arms or stomachs, people don't want to see thier stretch marks.

BTW, I was not wearing a belly top, not that it matters.

Anyway, they drove off quickly then circled around the drive through multiple times. They kept honking and getting out an knocking on the window saying really, really nasty things. So I just ignored locked down the resturant and they got bored after a few minutes and left.

Then about an hour later I get a phone call, and it is some kid asking to speak to the manager. And I am like, it's 2:00 AM there isn't anyone here. She then starts yelling at me, calling me disgusting, and telling me I need to call 1-800-JENNY.

More than anything this experience made me really sad for these kids. The kind of hatred they have is crippling. I can't imagine living with all that rot inside me.

And though it might not be very modern for me to say, I would prefer to be fat than to be that ugly on the inside.

How horrible!! And I'm right there with you...if I had to choose between staying the size I am and being a horried b****, I'd choose to be fat forever.
  • kacbldmm07
    Options

I can relate to this... A few years ago, I lost like. 20 pounds, and my sister told me that I looked like a tweaker because of how skinny I was.. It was offensive, I was happy with how I looked and she made me feel bad all over again!!

It does make you feel bad.. its like not giving credit where the credit is due. I was so mad. Why would you ask someone that. Geez.
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    met up with a guy I met online who over dinner informed me that he was attracted to big girls and liked having sex with them but he wouldn't date me and we wouldn't be going out in public with me because he only dated pretty girls he could show off to his friends. Needless to say he didn't see me after that.

About a year on a flight coming back from a business trip I sat next to an older lady. I had helped her get her carryon bag into the overhead bin and had helped her communicate with the flight attendant since English did not seem to be her first language. Boy did she have me fooled on that. I noticed she was furiously writing in this note pad but didn't think much of it until she ripped the pages out and handed them to me. It was 7 pages of how disgusting, vile, selfish and ugly I was. Telling me I shouldn't go out in public because it wasn't fair to force other people to have to look at me. then proceeded to write out a daily diet plan for me. i was stunned and mortified. i just turn my head and started to cry and couldn't wait for the plane to land.

A male friend who I was out with one night to celebrate both our birthdays decided to state: "I'm not going to tell you you're pretty because you aren't. You know I'm used to dating women a lot prettier than you and even now broke and broken as I am (he had medical issues that left him basically impotent and was out of work so I had taken him out as a treat for our bdays) I could easily get a girl prettier than you. But that would be pointless for me now. So i'd rather hang out with you - someone i get along with but am not at all attracted to so that way I'm not frustrated the whole time we're together" To this day I don't understand why he felt the need to tell me all that.
  • abberbabber
    Options
    met up with a guy I met online who over dinner informed me that he was attracted to big girls and liked having sex with them but he wouldn't date me and we wouldn't be going out in public with me because he only dated pretty girls he could show off to his friends. Needless to say he didn't see me after that.

About a year on a flight coming back from a business trip I sat next to an older lady. I had helped her get her carryon bag into the overhead bin and had helped her communicate with the flight attendant since English did not seem to be her first language. Boy did she have me fooled on that. I noticed she was furiously writing in this note pad but didn't think much of it until she ripped the pages out and handed them to me. It was 7 pages of how disgusting, vile, selfish and ugly I was. Telling me I shouldn't go out in public because it wasn't fair to force other people to have to look at me. then proceeded to write out a daily diet plan for me. i was stunned and mortified. i just turn my head and started to cry and couldn't wait for the plane to land.

A male friend who I was out with one night to celebrate both our birthdays decided to state: "I'm not going to tell you you're pretty because you aren't. You know I'm used to dating women a lot prettier than you and even now broke and broken as I am (he had medical issues that left him basically impotent and was out of work so I had taken him out as a treat for our bdays) I could easily get a girl prettier than you. But that would be pointless for me now. So i'd rather hang out with you - someone i get along with but am not at all attracted to so that way I'm not frustrated the whole time we're together" To this day I don't understand why he felt the need to tell me all that.

I can't get over the lady on the plane...after you were so nice to her... :mad: