worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Was just talking to a friend and remembered a time my husband and I were discussing me joining WW...I don't remember the exact comment, but it was something along the lines of "You're gorgeous, but you need to lose weight". Another time he said something about how much prettier I'd be after I lost the weight.

And he wonders why I asked him for a divorce a few months ago...
  • abberbabber
    Options
    My little sister has always made it a point to call herself "The pretty one". For awhile, we wore the same size shirts, and she would always ask to borrow my clothes. But whenever I asked to borrow something of hers, she'd always sneer at me and say "No, you'll stretch it out!"
  • caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Was just talking to a friend and remembered a time my husband and I were discussing me joining WW...I don't remember the exact comment, but it was something along the lines of "You're gorgeous, but you need to lose weight". Another time he said something about how much prettier I'd be after I lost the weight.

Good for you, girl! :happy:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Are you obese?
    By my friend, I'm not sure if she was kidding or not.

That one kind of crushed me because I was like 115 pounds at 5'3, that's not even close to obese!
  • lizwizCYLS
    lizwizCYLS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter climbed up on my lap when she was getting to be about 4 or 5 years old so was too heavy & hurting my legs I asked her to sit beside me to cuddle....she refused saying she'd rather sit on my lap "because you're nice & squishy"....NOT how I want to be remembered by my grandkids eh!
  • LilmamaPipes
    Options
    There has been many over the years. Everything from assuming I don't eat to point blank saying I'm built like a board. :huh:
  • abberbabber
    Options

LOL Thanks! Those comments are pretty much a symptom of his whole attitude towards me...I'm expected to dress a certain way, wear my hair a certain way, act a certain way, etc. Took me losing 60 pounds and gaining a hell of a lot of confidence to realize I deserve someone who loves me exactly the way I am, without wanting to make all these "modifications".
  • abberbabber
    Options
    There has been many over the years. Everything from assuming I don't eat to point blank saying I'm built like a board. :huh:

I'm going to be honest and say I've been one to think things like that about skinny girls. It never really occurred to me that it might be just as hurtful as being called "fat" or other ugly things until I found a coworker crying in the bathroom because some woman at lunch had asked her why she was bothering to eat since she was "just going to throw it up later anyway".

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, and I'm even sorrier that people don't realize how hurtful it is.
  • caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options

LOL Thanks! Those comments are pretty much a symptom of his whole attitude towards me...I'm expected to dress a certain way, wear my hair a certain way, act a certain way, etc. Took me losing 60 pounds and gaining a hell of a lot of confidence to realize I deserve someone who loves me exactly the way I am, without wanting to make all these "modifications".

SERIOUSLY. I just got married to an awesome guy who loves me at any size. He just wants me to be healthy so we can live out our lives together. :)

The last guy I dated was a jerk about my weight. Not only did he keep bringing up my weight, he kept saying, "When you finish losing your weight, then you can get PLASTIC SURGERY." A lot. I told him to stop talking about it, but he couldn't let it go. So, I let HIM go.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    "Awww.... you'd be so pretty if you just lost some weight." I get that SO often that it doesn't even hurt my feelings anymore.
  • abberbabber
    Options
    "Awww.... you'd be so pretty if you just lost some weight." I get that SO often that it doesn't even hurt my feelings anymore.

Um, are they blind? You're Gorgeous!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Well being called fat obviously doesn't bother me. After all, my screen name on here reads as "Fatty Fatty Two By Four". I've been called things much worse than fat and hurt by people more significant than idiots on the street.

And still, I rise!

Most fitting phrase......no matter what was said, no matter all the hurt and cruelty and tears, we are HERE on MFP, and doing something about our lives.

And still, we rise!

=^x^=
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    there so many jerks out there but there are alot wonderful, kind and supportive people too....why is it the horrible comments that we can't forget....i have had rude comments from strangers but the worst was growing up and my brother and dad would say things like you have a pretty face if only you'd lose weight and if you don't lose weight you'll never get a boyfriend..their comments hurt the most because they were from people that supposedly love you.......
  • abberbabber
    Options

SERIOUSLY. I just got married to an awesome guy who loves me at any size. He just wants me to be healthy so we can live out our lives together. :)

The last guy I dated was a jerk about my weight. Not only did he keep bringing up my weight, he kept saying, "When you finish losing your weight, then you can get PLASTIC SURGERY." A lot. I told him to stop talking about it, but he couldn't let it go. So, I let HIM go.

Ugh, are people just stupid?? Good for you for finding someone who loves you just the way you are :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    From ex wife:

* "You're so fat... you're wasting my youth! I am embarrassed to be seen with you"

* During sex, she stops me in the middle of it and runs to the toilet and starts gagging and then says I disgust her.

Random assorted things from the years

* Running at the park, I pass a slender girl in her 20s who is running ackwardly. One of those lucky people that obviously never really does any exercise or doesn't know how to run at the least, but stays looking in shape. Her boyfriend is in front of her and he sees me pass her and goes "oh no! HELL NO! There's no way you just let that fat f**k pass you! Get your *kitten* moving!" He was one of those alpha types with the gym rat bodies.

* Running at the park during soccer practice with my team. Group of college girls is running. One points at me and says "ewww look at his belly".

* Running at the park I pass a guy and his little girl who are running. She says "daddy why did you let the fat man pass you?" And he replies "shhhh honey we don't call people fat that's not nice"

* At the gym, I smiled at a girl who looked at me like I was a cockroach and said "dream on, I don't date fatties".

* At one of our irish pubs a couple years ago. I was standing waiting in line and this guy was trying to impress his college-aged girlfriend. He started making rude comments about how fat people need removed from the planet because they are in his way and taking up space and eating all of the food. The girl giggles.

* At the gym I was in a corner doing some dumbbell work and this precious Barbie with full make up is lifting with her boyfriend. She was seated next to the rack where the weights were. I was putting my weights away and had to move around her and she gets this annoyed look on her face, and then turns to her boyfriend and says in a mock-whisper (so that others can hear) "I can't stand going to the gym during this time, too many fat people here wasting everybody's time"

I have more. Those were the ones that stuck out this morning. Being fat is the equivalent of being a leper in the middle ages. It's pretty dehumanizing... but makes for great motivation and fuel for your workouts.

Goodness, I am so sorry. Your ex wife was a B****. I can't imagine what that would do to you mentally if she stopped middle of sex. Why even botther!??!

You totally make me realize why I hate going to the gym. Too many skinny people thinking they are better than everyone. I'd rather do it on my own.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Sorry sir, you cannot rent this kayak. The max safe weight is 250 lbs
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    had a nasty man start mooing at me in a bar, then he had most of the bar doing it after awile.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Also, I should add that I was called "Big Forehead" and "Chubs" when I was in middle school. I HATED those names.

I had a crush on a guy in the 6th grade and I thought he was just amazing. One day, we were on a field trip, my BEST friend told him that I had a crush on him. He said out loud in front of the whole class on the bus, "I would never go out with that fat pig." I will always remember that. The funny thing is he is dating a girl that is heavier than me than I was at that time. Guess she isn't a fat pig. Needless to say, I am not friends with that guy or my so called "best" friend who is also heavy NOW.
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OMG I have one!! I had just had our daughter, via c-section. My husband had to help my clean my incision for the first week. We got in an argument one night and he preceeded to tell me how my "FOLD" ( the pouch above my c-section scar) disguisted him. He called me folds, fatas**..you name it I got called it. Yes we are still married..and it makes me smile in my head still every time he tries to have sex with me...Does he really think he deserves me?
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter climbed up on my lap when she was getting to be about 4 or 5 years old so was too heavy & hurting my legs I asked her to sit beside me to cuddle....she refused saying she'd rather sit on my lap "because you're nice & squishy"....NOT how I want to be remembered by my grandkids eh!
    [/quot

I'm 27 and I still find the "Nice Squishy Lap" of my grandmother comforting. I <3 her and her squishy self!