Just found out bf doesn't like (super) skinny girls?

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Im sorry..i dont like being rude or mean to people but I get sick of skinny women saying its the same for them...rubbish, the taunts and rude things said to you over the years would never equal the amount us chubby women have received and I bet they were never as mean or hurtful...and you will never feel the same despair when going clothes shopping or standing up in front of a crowd to present something seeing people eye you up & down and focus on your belly rolls a fraction too long....2 of my closes friends see a nutritionist to put on weight..they are the iron board, no boobs no bum girls...and they both admit time again how much easier it is for them..they can throw any old clothes item on and it will look good, when we were younger one of them got hit on all the time because she was tall and skinny (not the prettiest of our friends but the skinniest) and they only occasionally feel like people are looking at them negatively because of their skinny body...it is not the same and I really hate it when the skinnt ones do the poor me thing... (rant over)

You're like the kid that gets bullied at home so they take it out on a kid at school.
    It's not skinny girls fault that we get bullied for being fat,it's societies.
    Bashing women for being skinny is just as bad as bashing them for being fat - especially when people bash skinny girls to make them feel better about their own rolls and tires of fat.

Making girls ashamed to be skinny won't make you proud to be fat.
    If you want true freedom to be happy with your body pressure the media to show girls of all shapes and sizes, rather than trying to turn the tables by turning skinny girls into the unattractive ones in an attempt to make people forget that fat is ugly.

You are a salty one, aren't you?

First, at 170ish pounds, you are not skinny. Why do you refer to yourself as skinny in this post?
    Second, I agree....people shouldn't use terms like "twig" and "stick" to comment on people's shapes. It's rude. However, saying that someone is skinny, and then saying that they don't find it attractive isn't offensive. It's their personal opinion.

You seem very bitter and angry. All you have done is pick apart other people's posts, basically doing the same thing that you are chastising them for. QUIT JUDGING THEM AND MOVE ON. The internet is this totally magical place, where if you don't like what people are posting, so much to the point to where you have to post NUMEROUS TIMES about NUMEROUS PEOPLE, then click on a different subject. Your comments have nothing to do with what the OP was asking. She asked if anyone else had experienced what she had. She was trying to connect, not have a stupid troll war.

If you learned to read properly, you would not find one place where I called myself skinny. Also, I was not replying to the OP, I was replying to some of the more ignorant replies in this thread. I have also stated numerous times in this thread that there IS A DIFFERENCE between YOUR PERSONAL OPINION which you are entitled to, and BODY SHAMING, or telling women what they SHOULD look like, and making them feel bad if they cannot conform to this body type.

And no I am not bitter, I just feel that body fascism and body type bashing are serious issues, and will speak up against it where I come across it.
    I used to be into the whole "REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES, SKINNY WOMEN SUCK" thing until I realised that it's stupid, insulting, pointless considering curves are genetic, and more importantly damaging to women in general and society as a whole.
    I've appreciated and agreed with everyone of your posts so far. I don't understand why some people just aren't getting the point that you're trying to make.

I will add that a lot of girls I know feel that they have to be as thin as possible for guys to find them attractive, and it's nice to realize that it's just not true. A lot of times, I feel that we place a lot more importance on our own size than men do.

My best friend is 5'3", about 130 pounds (and carries it well too) and not to mention really pretty. She just got out of a long relationship and she told me that she doesn't think any guys will find her attractive because of her size (too big in her opinion). It's sad that there are so many girls like her that feel the same way!

That's why body shaming, for any reason, is harmful. Most girls I know can point out something about them that they don't like it 3 seconds, butt too big, but not big enough, boobs to big/not big enough, not enough curves, too many curves...you get my point.

I am speaking from my own experience as a 19 year old college student. Maybe older women feel differently, I don't know, but I have definitely seen this attitude a lot among my own age group.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Im sorry..i dont like being rude or mean to people but I get sick of skinny women saying its the same for them...rubbish, the taunts and rude things said to you over the years would never equal the amount us chubby women have received and I bet they were never as mean or hurtful...and you will never feel the same despair when going clothes shopping or standing up in front of a crowd to present something seeing people eye you up & down and focus on your belly rolls a fraction too long....2 of my closes friends see a nutritionist to put on weight..they are the iron board, no boobs no bum girls...and they both admit time again how much easier it is for them..they can throw any old clothes item on and it will look good, when we were younger one of them got hit on all the time because she was tall and skinny (not the prettiest of our friends but the skinniest) and they only occasionally feel like people are looking at them negatively because of their skinny body...it is not the same and I really hate it when the skinnt ones do the poor me thing... (rant over)

You're like the kid that gets bullied at home so they take it out on a kid at school.
    It's not skinny girls fault that we get bullied for being fat,it's societies.
    Bashing women for being skinny is just as bad as bashing them for being fat - especially when people bash skinny girls to make them feel better about their own rolls and tires of fat.

Making girls ashamed to be skinny won't make you proud to be fat.
    If you want true freedom to be happy with your body pressure the media to show girls of all shapes and sizes, rather than trying to turn the tables by turning skinny girls into the unattractive ones in an attempt to make people forget that fat is ugly.

You are a salty one, aren't you?

First, at 170ish pounds, you are not skinny. Why do you refer to yourself as skinny in this post?
    Second, I agree....people shouldn't use terms like "twig" and "stick" to comment on people's shapes. It's rude. However, saying that someone is skinny, and then saying that they don't find it attractive isn't offensive. It's their personal opinion.

You seem very bitter and angry. All you have done is pick apart other people's posts, basically doing the same thing that you are chastising them for. QUIT JUDGING THEM AND MOVE ON. The internet is this totally magical place, where if you don't like what people are posting, so much to the point to where you have to post NUMEROUS TIMES about NUMEROUS PEOPLE, then click on a different subject. Your comments have nothing to do with what the OP was asking. She asked if anyone else had experienced what she had. She was trying to connect, not have a stupid troll war.

If you learned to read properly, you would not find one place where I called myself skinny. Also, I was not replying to the OP, I was replying to some of the more ignorant replies in this thread. I have also stated numerous times in this thread that there IS A DIFFERENCE between YOUR PERSONAL OPINION which you are entitled to, and BODY SHAMING, or telling women what they SHOULD look like, and making them feel bad if they cannot conform to this body type.

And no I am not bitter, I just feel that body fascism and body type bashing are serious issues, and will speak up against it where I come across it.
    I used to be into the whole "REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES, SKINNY WOMEN SUCK" thing until I realised that it's stupid, insulting, pointless considering curves are genetic, and more importantly damaging to women in general and society as a whole.

Yes, I read something wrong. However, you proved my point about you being bitter by saying that I never learned to read properly. Really? That's pretty childish.

You'll find that your views are taken much more seriously if you stop bashing other people. That's all you've done. I'm not insulting you, or saying that you're some horrible wretch. I am merely pointing out that your posts are super negative, and are just mean. Lighten your tone, and your views might be taken to heart. Catch more bees with honey than vinegar.
    I really think that you just didn't get it. She didn't come across as bitter or rude at all. However, I thought that your comment telling her that she shouldn't think that she's skinny (who are you to tell her that?) was extremely rude.
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try reading my next post, where I apologized to her and then agreed with her message.

If only people would keep reading before they hit that stupid quote button.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Why don't you try reading my next post, where I apologized to her and then agreed with her message.

I reply as I read, otherwise I would forget what I felt like commenting on. Misunderstanding or not, your comment about her not being skinny at 170 was rude.
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I reply as I read, otherwise I would forget what I felt like commenting on. Misunderstanding or not, your comment about her not being skinny at 170 was rude.

Again, I apologized TO HER about my attitude. Saying that I was rude at any point before my apology really doesn't mean anything.

The topic was about SUPER skinny girls. The way I read it(which happened to be incorrect), was that she was calling herself super skinny. My comment was just of mere confusion. I didn't know how someone around 170 could say that they were super skinny, unless they were 9 feet tall. Again, though, I misread it, and then owned up to my mistake. Why keep beating it into the ground? No matter how much you swing it, you can't make me out to be the bad guy. There is no bad guy here. I ADMITTED THAT I MISREAD HER POSTS, AND THEN APOLOGIZED. Is that plain enough?

Move on.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ha, my husband and I had this talk when we were first dating. My first two immediate thoughts when he said he doesn't like skinny girls are A.) So you're saying I'm fat? ( I know, I'm impossible....I knew I was fat and needed to lose weight, but his saying he doesn't like skinny girls and that he likes me was him directly saying I was fat...it stung a little). and B) Crap, so when I get down to my goal weight will you not be attracted to me anymore?

But honestly, I could never be "skinny". I did get down to 15 pounds from my goal weight and I looked great, but not "skinny". I still had curves and muscle tone, we were both happy. And there is a plus side, 5 years later when you're married and you gain weight back, despite feeling like crap I know my husband won't leave me for a size 2 model :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Honestly he was probably trying to make you feel better, do not read much into it. Be healthy and NEVER live for anyone else

^^^ This ^^^
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Lauren - If you look like your pic, your are beautiful. And, I too, agree with your boyfriend. The world is working hard to convince women that thier is something wrong with being healthy and curvy. I totally disagree with that. I have curves, I plan to keep them and I just want to be healthy, at a good weight for me and toned up.

You have a great guy. I think he is a keeper! smile
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    don't even start with the "skinny" bashing.

A woman "ought" to have curves (why ought she, by the way? Does that make her a "real" woman?), super skinny girls are not attractive, only losers like skinny girls, skinny girls are gross....

Nope, no skinny bashing here, whatcha talking about, Sassycalygirl? :/
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Woah, left for a meeting and came back to so many replies! I think there are a few things I need to address/clarify, so please bear with me.

First of all, I want to apologize to anyone I may have offended with this topic. When I posted it, I was telling the story as it happened and I didn't stop to consider that it could be hurtful to girls with naturally "skinny" body types. It was not my intention in any way to put those body types down! I think all body types can be beautiful, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because my boyfriend said he doesn't particularly like skinny girls doesn't mean other guys feel the same. Everyone has different preferences and again, I'm sorry if this was upsetting for skinner-type people to read.

Just to clarify - it wasn't *you* who offend me, and I wish you the best.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    first off, to the OP: your boyfriend sounds like a keeper :) the fact that he loves you is wonderful! besides, as you work toward your goal, the changes in your body will come slowly... you'll be that fit, sexy lady, and he'll still love you to bits!

i think there's a lot of negativity in this thread :( skinny or average or overweight or anywhere in between... a woman is still beautiful if she has confidence and a smile. derogatory terms like "twig" hurt! it's the same as calling someone who's overweight nasty names.

i have a really tiny frame, despite my height, and hate it when people tell me my arms look like sticks or that i should "eat a cheeseburger". okay, sure, they look like that to you, but when you see me deadlift my bodyweight or ram out 20 full-body pushups, you'll regret saying those hurtful things!
  • Lovinmama
    Lovinmama Posts: 38
    Options
    He was probably telling the truth and trying to make you feel better. It is hard for men to answer that question (most men just like woman big or small). My husband told me once that he dosnt like really thin girls, well I thought he was just trying to make me feel better. I got really skinny when we were together and he told me that he really wasnt that attracted to me so thin (I wasnt healthy not that thin girls are weak but I was when I was thin) he still loved me but missed my "bigger" body. I wasnt healthy though thats the big thing to note! My body is not ment to be thin!
    He is obviosly with you becausse he loves you and your body :) your body wont change drastically unless its unhealthy. you wont lose all of your curves when you are fit and healthy if thats how you are built, so dont worry about him not being attracted to you when you are fit and healthy you will be you just more toned.
    I also want to call attention on something on here. Curves come in ALL sizes weather you are a size 2 or 18 you can have curves and same goes for no curves. I love my curves and I seem to have them at any size.
    I think people need to change the way the phrase things on here when you reffer to annorexic or under BMI thin dont say bag of sticks because not all thin girls are unhealthy. though some are same goes for overweight not all "fat" people eat burgers all day! I am 154lbs and for the life of me i cannot lose weight. I eat very well and work out 6 days a week. this is my body but I get people asking why i am so big.. do i night eat ect... some ppl are built bigger some are built smaller. My friend who is a size 0 and 5'9 eats all day long! and eats JUNK never works out and she has a supermodel body! though people are always accusing her of not eatting or purging.. both are offensive!
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    girl I found out the same thing a few months ago my guy wax like you have a much better body now (@140) that when I met you (@102) with barely a butt and no chest I was like oh... So I lost a few more pounds now my focus is tone and definition. I wanted to lose tummy, thighs, a little butt and build arms so now my arms are coming along, tummy is flatter and I'm leaving the booty and thighs for him not to mention with the weight came breasts that we both like. I think most guys would prefer a shapely woman even a little
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    OH MY WORD! do people on this wake up in the morning looking to argue????!! like seriously!!!!

Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder and theres a pot for every lid. If you are skinny, theres definately a man out there who loves his woman petite, and if you are heavier, same goes for you. you will never convince people to think other then what they think and people have the right to their opinion. So just agree to disagree and be happy with who you are. Dont allow yourself to get offended so easily. Confidence comes from within. You are born with your body shape and you are beautiful, own it. I think the most unwomanly trait is not being too skinny or too fat- its lacking confidence. You can be any size you like as long as you can own it! I love that we all come in different shapes and sizes as woman. Variety is the spice of life.
    Much love to all the woman out there of all different sizes and shapes. You are all beautiful.

Basically, this. I may have put it more "angrily" but I'm so sick of coming across these body bashing threads all the time (especially about skinny women and often muscular women on this website)

I agree I hate body bashing threads (which I notice more and more). It seems for me personally since I have become the healthiest I have ever been people bash me now! It's ridiculous. When I was 151 with high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and out of shape no one said a word to me. NOW that I am in shape and healthier than ever (according to my Dr. also) I get rude comments all the time like I "need a burger", "will go down the drain", etc. It's awful for people to bash others on here either way... I like these forums for support and motivation. This was an interesting thread though - just to see different view points. For the record, people think I am "too skinny" but I am told I have retained all my curves and still have my T&A :) My bone structure naturally helped me with that :) Peace friends!
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    don't see this as body bashing if she said skinny its bashing super skinny for most isn't healthy she said nothing mean to or about super skinny people quite the opposite people online are a tad too sensitive and insecure everyone wants to say watch what you type then scream freedom of speech. Eh well
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Lier. All boys HATE fat girls. They just say they don't like skinny because you aren't.

Wow. Have you always trolled the boards or is it just lately?
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

No way, wayyyyy too skinny. I'm not even close to attracted to her." I was kind of taken aback because this girl actually looked the way I hope to look one day! So I jokingly said, "So if I get that thin will you still like me?" He said, "Of course I'll still like you, babe. But I honestly think you have the perfect body right now. I love your curves."

Honestly he was probably trying to make you feel better, do not read much into it. Be healthy and NEVER live for anyone else

Yea, he may or may not have been telling the truth, but if I had a gf come up to me asking me about some girl, I would pick a couple of faults and tell her she was wayyyy better, even if the other girl looked like Sienna Miller.

I know guys are stupid, but we're never going to respond to that comment with "Yea I know, right, she's so hot I'd love to get in her pants..."
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    your boyfriend was probably saying that so not to hurt your feelings.

i'd say that in the same position. there's nothing more determined than a suspicious girlfriend...
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    I gotta agree with the bf ... skinny doesn't do it for me. I know a lot of women see these seriously thin women and think they have to look like that to be beautiful. Where did they get this from? I think there's this small army of loser men who made up that skinny is hot just to bring some women down a peg or two so they'd consider being with them. If tha's the guy you know, ladies (in general), you need to walk away and find a real man who just wants his woman to be happy and healthy. Glad your bf agrees ;-)

I like a butt and some hips ... to be a bit crude, if I'm being intimate, I need to be able to smack an a** and have it talk back to me ;-) I don't want a woman I feel like I can hurt in bed because she's so fraile.

Congratulations on your 15 lbs.! Tone is good, but just don't lose the best parts of you that make you a woman.

This really made me chuckle !!!