Just found out bf doesn't like (super) skinny girls?

Options
123457»

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    your boyfriend was probably saying that so not to hurt your feelings.

i'd say that in the same position. there's nothing more determined than a suspicious girlfriend...

Yea man, how's he ever gonna hit that if his gf is on to him and snooping?! lol
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    no one likes skinny girls:P

Are you aware of what you just said? Are you aware that it is just as bad as saying "no one likes black people".
    So as a skinny girl, you're saying nobody likes me? Well, **** you, sir.
  • SnookiBaby92
    Options
    I dont understand why people are getting defensive - Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and as long as there is no names stated, I dont understand how people can take offensive? Everyone doesnt have to like fat people, Same as everyone doesnt need to like skinny people, If we all liked the same, the world would be a dull and boring world!

Like I have said everyone is entitled to an opinion and some words that they may used you may find offensive, but unless directly stated to you, why should you then take offence? also it's not like people post these things as digs to anyone, just sharing an opinion or preference.

This site is about encouragement, and people helping other people - if people's posts about skinny girls generally speaking is helping to encourage someone to feel good about themselves healthily without directly naming another person what is s wrong???
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My other half has told me (after i lost 75 pounds) that he preferred me bigger but I have lost the weight for myself not him so he is going to have to accept it. I am not going to put some back on for him either (which he has asked me to do). Im in a normal BMI weight for my height. I love the way I look now except I have lost weight from my chest.

I regret this happening but what a lot of people dont realise is that it is your body that determines where you lose the weight from, I woudl have loved to have kept my bigger cleavage. But my body has decided that fat was going from there rather than my thighs!!

I think as a result some of my friends and family have said I look too skinny. But I dont think I am. And its all about yourself and how you feel, no-one else..... as long as you are looking after yourself and are healthy and happy then who cares what other people think??

Emma x
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I think he does like her and was throwing your thinking off on another tangent......sorry! Just saying.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of opinions already posted, particularly with the guy who said "...there are a myriad of reasons to be interested in a woman and body shape is just one very small one."

I can say from experience that when I drop below a certain weight (for me, 126lbs at 5'5) I lose my boobs and butt majorly but most of the tummy is still there. I FEEL better at the weight I am now, I just need to stop telling myself I'd look better if I lost weight, as I clearly don't have the body shape that I THINK I'll look like when I lose weight.

Learn to love yourself and others will love you too! xxx Be confident with your body as it is as it will always be the same body, granted it might look leaner/heavier but it will ALWAYS be the same body.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    First: You should be happy for your boyfriends. It's good that he has someone hot to work with Monday-Friday...It keeps things interesting, trust me.

Second: You need some pillars or something? Get a grip! I hate it when women run up on me, confusing me with all those insecure *kitten* questions. Don't you worry about where the appetite comes from, just be thankful he's coming home for dinner.

/Highas****

Happy 420
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    First: You should be happy for your boyfriends. It's good that he has someone hot to work with Monday-Friday...It keeps things interesting, trust me.

Second: You need some pillars or something? Get a grip! I hate it when women run up on me, confusing me with all those insecure *kitten* questions. Don't you worry about where the appetite comes from, just be thankful he's coming home for dinner.

/Highas****

Happy 420

As long as you guys remember that when that dude with the 6 pack and Ferrari is buying your girl a drink, cool. I mean, she's still going home with you. (with his number)
  • paigedmw
    paigedmw Posts: 6
    Options
    Just tone up, love. :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    GOOD LORD I would never have started this thread if I knew it would cause such a riot!

There has been A LOT of body shaming going on here and I regret that. Yes, saying things like "skinny girls are gross" is called BODY SHAMING. Same thing as saying fat people are gross. I wonder how many people around here would get offended if I made a post about how disgusting fat people are? Just think about it.

To those of you who actually gave interesting/encouraging replies instead of spending time arguing or trolling, I appreciate you :smile:

And finally, just wanted to let everyone know I'm not feeling insecure about this anymore. As I stated before, it was basically the alcohol talking. I trust my boyfriend completely and I know he loves me, just like he loved me 15 pounds ago and he will love me as I develop some kick-*kitten* abs :happy: Have a good day everyone.
  • jackalderton
    jackalderton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are women seriously this delusional? What guy would like a super skinny girl with the body of a 12 year old boy? Instead of stupidly comparing yourself to FASHION models, who are there to model clothing, I believe you should strive towards a fitness model physique, as a guy would. Now, that does not mean take it to the extreme, however what is important is curves with low body fat. That is muscle mass + low body fat. This is a win-win. Healthy, athletic, and real curves.
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just goes to support my theory that women choose to dress and shape themselves into images that appeal to other women. As far as I can tell guys always like women a bit heavier than women would like to be in order to look like the girls on the tube and in magazines. Haven't you ever wondered why Charlotte Johanssen is so popular with the guys?
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Im sorry..i dont like being rude or mean to people but I get sick of skinny women saying its the same for them...rubbish, the taunts and rude things said to you over the years would never equal the amount us chubby women have received and I bet they were never as mean or hurtful...and you will never feel the same despair when going clothes shopping or standing up in front of a crowd to present something seeing people eye you up & down and focus on your belly rolls a fraction too long.
    I've been "fat" and I've been "skinny" and I can tell you that having my body criticized by strangers and loved ones hurts just as much on both ends of the spectrum. I can't speak for everyone but for me personally, unwelcome comments about my body are even more common when I'm thin.

Any time I find myself drawing conclusions about someone based on the appearance of their body I recall this blog post and remember to just STOP because nobodies body is my business but my own. http://happyherbivore.com/2011/09/body-image-vegan-diet/

"Try to remember that whenever you want to pass judgment on an overweight or skinny stranger. You don't know their journey."
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Just goes to support my theory that women choose to dress and shape themselves into images that appeal to other women. As far as I can tell guys always like women a bit heavier than women would like to be in order to look like the girls on the tube and in magazines. Haven't you ever wondered why Charlotte Johanssen is so popular with the guys?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: lmao, do you mean Scarlett Johanssen?
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First of all - you have ZERO pounds to go - your profile pic is absolutely fabulous - I think you're perfect just the way you are.... and apparently so does he. Enjoy your success! My guess, your BF just loves you.... so don't worry!