50 days of something

Options

Replies

• clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Started April 9

Day 44 - you're right. 45 minute run

No matter what the rest of the day brings, you'll know you've got that 5 minutes. Love it!
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Day 44/50 5 minute yoga in the moring , 1.5 hour massage given....weight workout watching end of american idol ..Love Phillip...
    10 minutes of yoga, some restorative poses....busy busy week.
    45/50....5 minutes stretching this morning, out to dinner with friends tonight......soooo not sure what this day will bring.

doing something :) a great mindset
  • clover5
    Options
    Started April 9

Day 45 -15 minutes of tennis

I could be exercising now, but I'm surfing the net in front of the TV. OK, I'll shut down and do some leg lifts. Then see what happens after that.
  • clover5
    Options
    Started April 9

Day 46 - 30 mminute run

No sprints during my run today. I think I'll focus more on trying to go the 30 minutes with no stops. Really, I only walked twice today about half a minute each time. It's psychological. If I just push through it a few times, I'll be off and running. Pardon the pun.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    sound s like a nice run clover....

day 46/50 woke up with hip pain....had a weird twinge when i stretched suddenly. Not too shocked since I have been doing all those kicks in Turbo Jam. Got home and went out to eat with my honey and then had a meeting ...how does 9pm come so fast. did my weights before i went to bed. I can andle that without it waking me up. 430 am comes tooooo fast.

Today day 47/50..wow can you believe we have been doing this that long...is sooooo cool. plan to go to the gym think the treadmill ellipticle will be better on my hip and cutting my grass....working saturday but looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Day 21/50
    20 min treadmill
    30 min strength and weight training. Had the whole gym to myself! Happy Mothers Day to me
    Day 22/50
    20 minutes walking through the mall
    7 hours running after my 2 year old grandson and carrying around my 8 month old grandaughter. She wanted to be held all day today..lol
    Day 23/50
    Day of rest...lol
    Day 24/50
    15 min treadmill
    30 min weights and strength training

Have been away for a while but back now..lol

Day 25/50
    No exercise - 6 hours driving to resort
    Day 26/50
    1/2 day of walking around doing touristy things
    Day 27/50
    again, touristy things including climbing a sand dune at Sandbanks Park
    Day28/50
    another 6hour drive home
    Day 29/50
    30 min treadmill
    30 min strength training and weights with my trainer
    Day30/50
    babysitting 2 year old
    Day 31/50
    45 minutes of restorative yoga
  • clover5
    Options
    Started April 9

Day 47 - 45 minutes playing tennis with my sweetie

My knees were a tad sore last night, so no running for a day or two.

Hello there myjourney... Glad to see you again. We'll be moving to a new thread around the first of June. I'll leave a link here after it's set-up.

Icandoit, I agree it is amazing that we are near the end of 50 days. When this thread started, there were at least a couple dozen who joined in. The three of us are all that are left. Kudos to us!
  • clover5
    Options
    Started April 9

Day 48 - 1 hour bike ride.

Have a lovely Saturday.
  • csym1
    csym1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Proud of all of you!!!!!!! Who completed this challenge and logged in every day or every week . I completed about 25 days of the challenge and then life just got in the way of logging in. However, I did do something everyday and I did lose an additional 2 pounds in correlation to the beginning of this challenge. I will have to do better next time. Congrats again to the three of you who did it faithfully!!!!
  • clover5
    Options
    Here is the link for the June Challenge. Hope you will join me there starting June 1.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/610810-something-everyday-in-june
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Proud of all of you!!!!!!! Who completed this challenge and logged in every day or every week . I completed about 25 days of the challenge and then life just got in the way of logging in. However, I did do something everyday and I did lose an additional 2 pounds in correlation to the beginning of this challenge. I will have to do better next time. Congrats again to the three of you who did it faithfully!!!!

Thank you THank you....Congrats to you too..you did it!!! For me logging in keeps me doing it and to have clover as such a great inspiration and motivator. I am excited that she is going to keep it going!!!
    Myjourney I have loved how you have included everyday activities whhich we need to do more. WE all do soooo much

On day 48/50 i worked all day in my second job, bigger hospital running around the whole place since we are all pretty much doing consullts on the 9 floors, but then came home to watch the basketball finals hoping our sixers would win.

Got out my old step, did 5 minute intervals stepup doing all my weight/strength exercises in 1 mintue intervals in between for total of 40 minutes. felt great!!!
    This morning my hip, which has been bothering me all week feels like i am an old lady .....
    Looking forward to the June Challenge

Join us as much as you can CSYM1!!!
  • clover5
    Options
    Started April 9

Day 49 - 40 minutes bowling. This is weak, I know, but it's what I did today, and it IS on the MFP list. 3 of us bowled for 2 hours, so I'm claiming 40 minutes. And I have my squats to finish for my 100 squats a day challenge. Once I get started, I may add a few other calisthenics. I've been trying to do a chest routine. Supposed to be a natural lift. I call it the pec trio - flys, pushups and an overhead pull down.

One more day. We can either stay here to the end of the month, or go ahead and move to the June thread. What's your pleasure.

Icandoit, thank you :blushing: I have an old step too. I was using it a lot last winter. I have my DVR set to record Denise Austin every morning at 5:30. Sometimes it's a step routine. I usually have several that I have saved so they're available if I want one. Other times it's low impact aerobics with light weight training. I like those too. But not the high impact.
    Hope your hip will be feeling better soon. Whatever you do keep it low key. There have been a few times when I did something like wrist curls and seated calf raises and maybe some arm circles and called it calisthenics.

Hope you have a nice Memorial Day.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Day 49/50 of something.....
    well on this HOTHOT Memorial Day i am spending my dad feeling under the weather. My hip, hurt so much last night that I was in tears last night trying to get in and out of bed. I really think i strained a muscle real bad, althoug the only thing I remember doing is stretcing in bed and i got this TWINGE go down my leg. I took flexeril both last night and today and ibuprophen, so i am feeling soooooo sleepy all day from the flexeril BUT we are going to go for a walk later when it is not so hot. My workout of choice is going to be walking and my upper body weigts this week.

CLOVER bowling is sooo much fun!

I would stay here or go to the june site. We both just are on the same days and 50 is tomorrow soooo i will do what you do.Kin dof likek the refreshing part of a month to month thread, because it becomes monthly goals and starting new
  • clover5
    Options
    Started April 9

Day 50 - 15 minute bike ride. This is 50 right?

Icandoit, thank you very much for coming back here for the last 50 days and posting your activities with me. I couldn't have done it without you. It has been fun and motivating. Let's just finish the month out here and then move to the June thread on the first, and start fresh with everybody else. Looks like quite a group will be joining us. Take a couple days to rest your hip if you think it's best. But check in and say hi anyway.

My knees is feeling fine now, so I'll be back to running again soon. I've found a 4 mile run on the 4th of July that I'm interested in running.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Clover glad your knee feels better. Also thank you too for these first 50 days. I really enjoyed the

ride and look forward to the next 50.

Silly me realized that yesterday was 50 days and I basically missed a day. So here we are att day 1 again
    My first 50 days was awesome although this last week I feel like my body is falling apart. Not sure why I tend to keep things low key.
  • clover5
    Options
    Clover glad your knee feels better. Also thank you too for these first 50 days. I really enjoyed the

ride and look forward to the next 50.

Silly me realized that yesterday was 50 days and I basically missed a day. So here we are att day 1 again
    My first 50 days was awesome although this last week I feel like my body is falling apart. Not sure why I tend to keep things low key.

All the experts recommend rest days. :-)
  • myjourney2
    Options
    Day 25/50
    No exercise - 6 hours driving to resort
    Day 26/50
    1/2 day of walking around doing touristy things
    Day 27/50
    again, touristy things including climbing a sand dune at Sandbanks Park
    Day28/50
    another 6hour drive home
    Day 29/50
    30 min treadmill
    30 min strength training and weights with my trainer
    Day30/50
    babysitting 2 year old
    Day 31/50
    45 minutes of restorative yoga
    Day32/50
    Drove to Toronto - day before my 5km
    Day 33/50
    5km race (walked the whole way, came in last , but finished!!!
    Day 34/50
    Drove home from Toronto
    Day 35/50
    Babysat a very active 2 year old this morning!
  • clover5
    Options
    May 29 - 50 minute bike ride. Actually I had to take my car to Pep Boys because one tire had a nail. It wasn't flat yet, so I drove up there and rode my bike back home. I'll get a ride back to retrieve it later.
    Day 33/50
    5km race (walked the whole way, came in last , but finished!!!

Congratulations on finishing!!
  • myjourney2
    Options
    I was just thinking I would love to buy a bike. Hmmm, have to talk my dh into buying me one...lol
  • icandoit63
    Options
    I was just thinking I would love to buy a bike. Hmmm, have to talk my dh into buying me one...lol
    [/quot
    Do it!!!! It is fun