50 days of something

Options
15678911»

Replies

• clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    May 30 - Today I got out my skateboard and helmet and skated for a half hour in a parking lot.

Myjourney - A bike is a great idea. They have "comfort bikes" in the stores now. Comfort bikes have a bigger seat with springs in them to reduce the bumps, and the handle bars are higher so you can sit up straight when you ride - not all hunched over. Most of them have 7 speeds, so there are multiple sprokets in the back but only one in the front.

Icandoit, hope your hip feels better. :heart:
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Day 25/50
    No exercise - 6 hours driving to resort
    Day 26/50
    1/2 day of walking around doing touristy things
    Day 27/50
    again, touristy things including climbing a sand dune at Sandbanks Park
    Day28/50
    another 6hour drive home
    Day 29/50
    30 min treadmill
    30 min strength training and weights with my trainer
    Day30/50
    babysitting 2 year old
    Day 31/50
    45 minutes of restorative yoga
    Day32/50
    Drove to Toronto - day before my 5km
    Day 33/50
    5km race (walked the whole way, came in last , but finished!!!
    Day 34/50
    Drove home from Toronto
    Day 35/50
    Babysat a very active 2 year old this morning!
    Day 36/50
    Babysitting again and also had to run after my horse who decided to get out of her paddock and come down to the house for a visit.
  • myjourney2
    Options

Myjourney - A bike is a great idea. They have "comfort bikes" in the stores now. Comfort bikes have a bigger seat with springs in them to reduce the bumps, and the handle bars are higher so you can sit up straight when you ride - not all hunched over. Most of them have 7 speeds, so there are multiple sprokets in the back but only one in the front.

I will have to check out the comfort bikes! Sounds like they are just what I am looking for.
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    skateboarding ??? girl you inspire me :)
    Day 2/50......I was acutally laughing at myself for the horrible stiff neck i had the last two days.... just tooo funny ....
    I work at an orthopedic hospital so lots of people to talk about your bones and aches. My doc tihnks my hips is bursitis and laughed when i told h im about the kick boxing stuff/turbo jam.....so this girl is going to take a break from thatfor a week.

My dog was happy for the 15 minute walk and i am going to do some weights and yoga before bed.

we have a great group

my journey.....check out the comfort seat bike ....i see lots who loves them and it is very freeing to have that wind through your hair.
  • Sassafras4
    Sassafras4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just started my summer break. I am up for 50 days! Will be at the gym first thing in the morning to do strength training...triceps and shoulders....maybe some time on the elliptical at the end. Will update soon.
  • clover5
    Options
    Just started my summer break. I am up for 50 days! Will be at the gym first thing in the morning to do strength training...triceps and shoulders....maybe some time on the elliptical at the end. Will update soon.

Hello Sassafras4, welcome.

We are planning to move to a new thread on June 1. It's called Something everyday in June. I hope you will join us there. Here is a link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/610810-something-everyday-in-june?page=2#posts-8830028

MyJourney, I haven't seen you there yet. Comming?

skateboarding ??? girl you inspire me :)

Icandoit, I just don't have any sense! Don't follow my example. You take it easy.
    If it hurts, quit doing it. Big hug!
  • myjourney2
    Options
    Day 29/50
    30 min treadmill
    Day30/50
    babysitting 2 year old
    Day 31/50
    Day32/50
    Day 33/50
    Day 34/50
    Drove home from Toronto
    Day 35/50
    Day 36/50
    Babysitting again and also had to run after my horse who decided to get out of her paddock and come down to the house for a visit.
    Day 37/50
    15 minutes on treadmill
    30 minutes weight lifting with my trainer
  • icandoit63
    Options
    day 3/50.......thankful for having a 20 patients today did lots and lot of running around work, came home did a massage and now i am going to do my 10 minutes of yoga.....looking forward to friday then the weekend...
  • clover5
    Options
    May 31 - 35 minute run
  • myjourney2
    Options
    Day 29/50
    30 min treadmill
    Day30/50
    babysitting 2 year old
    Day 31/50
    Day32/50
    Day 33/50
    Day 34/50
    Drove home from Toronto
    Day 35/50
    Day 36/50
    Day 37/50
    15 minutes on treadmill
    Day 38/50
    45 minutes of chasing a horse and fixing fences again this morning at 7am.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Round 2 day 8/50 walked and did weights miss my 50 days on here...
  • clover5
    Options
    Today - 30 minutes swimming

Hey you! We got pretty chummy over here didn't we? I miss our side chat too. I am amazed at how many are posting on the June thread. I didn't expect that many to join. It's hard to be friendly and have a personal conversation on the side. I went swimming with my daughter this evening. She's almost 13, and at that age where nothing is ever right.

I am also in a group called the 100 squats in 100 days group. I joined that group about the same time we started this 50 days thread. Only 4 of us post there even though there is over 100 members who never post. Anyway, so it is small and personal. Come have a look, we are only posting in the thread called May and June. Even though it's called 100 squats..., we don't care what you do. You may like it better there than in the crowded June Something thread. I will send you an invitation.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1244-100-squats-for-100-days-challenge
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Hi. Yeah that June thread is amazing. Sooooo busyat work and home that I find it crazy to follow anybody. I will try but. Ready to do the squats. Might start with 50. Anything extreame gets my joints in a tizzy. Ha ha.
  • myjourney2
    Options
    Have been remiss in posting because I have been babysitting at 5.45 am and going to bed early..lol

Day 33/50
    Day 34/50
    Drove home from Toronto
    Day 35/50
    Day 36/50
    Day 37/50
    15 minutes on treadmill
    Day 38/50
    45 minutes of chasing a horse and fixing fences again this morning at 7am.

I am just going to continue from yesterday since I cant remember everything I have done this week.

Day 39/50
    15 minutes treadimill
    Day 40/50
    3 hours heavy housework, moving furniture, washing floors etc.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    round 2 day 12/50....I joined clovers group to do 100 squats a day but I am doing 50 squats a day to build those big muscles to increase metabolism and 50 crunches a day to work that core so when I loose this layer of fat I acutally have a strong core...
    also my normal upper body strength workout...it is about 4-5 exercises for biceps triceps lats and chest...i do 3 sets of 10 right now 2 sets of 5lbs and 1 of 8 lbsweights ...trying to keep it simple and consistant in this busy life.
    plan to cut the grass, plant my hosta garden and get a walk in today :) Happy Saturday