"I'm never getting married again."

Options

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

If Johnny is never going to eat a taco, Johnny should be with Jimmy then, not Jane.

OMG, I laughed out loud.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    She needs to know that she is VERY worthy of a marriage commitment. She shouldn't settle for almost having it all.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Marriage as defined in the Dictionary of Men...1. The end of a good relationship 2. NO MORE SEX...lol.
    JK ladies.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't want to get married he should've told her up front when they met. Most every girl wants to have that wedding and prince charming waiting for her at the alter. The way he went about it was rude when he said it in public. He sounds like a bitter person cause of his ex but jane isn't like her.

I have been married for almost 5 years. I strongly believe in marriage and everything that comes with it. We both want the house with a white picket fence and have 2 kids kind of a life.
  • renejtrainer
    renejtrainer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dump him, he's a waste of time.
  • triplemintx
    Options
    Sounds like she is being led on...poor girl..guys are *kitten* :p LOL
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Give your friend the book "He's Just Not That Into You." Hopefully, she'll read it and learn from it. That book CHANGED MY LIFE...seriously! I am now married to a wonderful, loving man who is a great husband and the best daddy to our two little boys.

If she wants marriage and he doesn't, that's called a deal-breaker. Time to move on.
  • chrssyeldridge
    chrssyeldridge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    FYI since I'm Jane:

- I've told him I'll sign a prenup. I'm not in it for his money or anything that he stands to gain when his parents die.
    - I'm worth it to be someone's wife. I'm not going to be someone's girlfriend when I'm 50 years old.
    - My bf is an *kitten*. Plain and simple.

You do deserve to be someone's wife and if he doesn't see that then maybe he isn't the one for you!!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Totally depends if marriage is important to her, although making that statement in front of his friends definitely earns him some douche bag points!
  • LWriter
    LWriter Posts: 50
    Options
    It's every girls dream to have that special day.

This statement alone is why the divorce rate is over 50%.

God help us.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the value she places on marriage. I'm divorced, and my goal in life is to be the happiest I can be. Whether that includes marriage, I'm not picky either way. Perhaps she hasn't yet dealt with the fact that he's not "the one", and she thought he was? It's hard when that bit of reality slaps you in the face.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It's every girls dream to have that special day.

This statement alone is why the divorce rate is over 50%.

God help us.

My thoughts *exactly*.
    Marriage is not about the wedding. Or the honeymoon. It is about the person with whom you are joining your life. Having been divorced (no big day, no honeymoon, so no I didn't marry for the big day), I too hesitate tying my life so legally to someone again.
    I don't blame the Johnny dude for not wanting to get married. His public announcement was a bit painful for the lady involved, but as many have stated, he had been vocal against marriage from the beginning.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    FYI since I'm Jane:

- I've told him I'll sign a prenup. I'm not in it for his money or anything that he stands to gain when his parents die.
    - I'm worth it to be someone's wife. I'm not going to be someone's girlfriend when I'm 50 years old.

You do deserve to be someone's wife and if he doesn't see that then maybe he isn't the one for you!!

everyone deserves to be happy, and seriously... he might be in the way of you finding someone that will make you happy.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    FYI since I'm Jane:

so why are you still allowing him to call himself your boyfriend? you know what you want, and he isn't it. you deserve to get what makes you happy out of life, and he has made it clear with words and actions that he isnt the one.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I write this on behalf of my girlfriend... I have a biased opinion, so why not throw it out to random strangers:)

27 year old man (Johnny) married for 5 or 6 years. Divorced Oct 2010.

Johnny has now been dating Jane nearly 1.5 years. He told Jane he doesn't want to get married ever again, initially. Then after getting more serious with her, said he would marry her, just not anytime soon.

Last night, Johnny makes the public declaration amongst friends he will never ever get married again, and he will never pay off another woman's debt.... This, in front of Jane (who is going with the understanding he intends to marry her at some point).

What would you do if you were Jane? She is truly in love with him and would be heartbroken to end it. They are a very strong couple with this being the only glaring issue. She believes she is worthy of a man making a commitment to her - in the terms of marriage.

Let the opinions fly :)

Divorced Oct 2010? That's what, 16 months ago? After 5-6 yr marriage?

Um, no duh Johnny doesn't wanna get married again! He just got out of a marriage!

Jane's a B***** if she expects him to want to jump back into marriage, he's going to hate marriage for at least as long as his past marriage was. He's probably still paying the ex's bills!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Um, no duh Johnny doesn't wanna get married again! He just got out of a marriage!

Jane's a B***** if she expects him to want to jump back into marriage, he's going to hate marriage for at least as long as his past marriage was. He's probably still paying the ex's bills!!

Everyone is a b*****. I read that somewhere once, so it must be true ;-)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I write this on behalf of my girlfriend... I have a biased opinion, so why not throw it out to random strangers:)

27 year old man (Johnny) married for 5 or 6 years. Divorced Oct 2010.

Johnny has now been dating Jane nearly 1.5 years. He told Jane he doesn't want to get married ever again, initially. Then after getting more serious with her, said he would marry her, just not anytime soon.

Last night, Johnny makes the public declaration amongst friends he will never ever get married again, and he will never pay off another woman's debt.... This, in front of Jane (who is going with the understanding he intends to marry her at some point).

What would you do if you were Jane? She is truly in love with him and would be heartbroken to end it. They are a very strong couple with this being the only glaring issue. She believes she is worthy of a man making a commitment to her - in the terms of marriage.

Let the opinions fly :)

Marry the girl, what is wrong with you man!
  • loseweightjames
    Options

it's true. Guys haven't figured this out yet, that's why some idiots still get married ;)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

it's true. Guys haven't figured this out yet, that's why some idiots still get married ;)

So.... you're leaning toward divorce at this point??
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    What would I do given the scenario described? Probably nothing. Though I could well demand he make up his damned mind the next time we were alone.

That said, I don't think getting married is that big a deal anyway. Never wanted to myself. (don't ask how I managed to get married and stay that way for 14 years and counting because I really couldn't say.)

But I also don't think his behaviour is the deciding factor here. What is important is her reaction to it. I mean, if getting married is the be all and end of a her having a relationship with this guy, and she wants it sooner rather than later, then she needs to walk because they obviously have different value systems and staying together is in no one's best interests.

But, honestly, 16 months out of a divorce? I'd be asking more questions if he was gung ho about getting married at this point. And a year and a half relationship is short. What on earth is the rush?