Girls Without Makeup?

Options

Replies

• franscott
    franscott Posts: 32
    Options
    I just usually wear a tinted moisturizer with spf. My profile pic is me with no makeup. I try to workout whenever I can...so I dont see the point in wearing it just to be sweated off. LOL.
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    DSC_0571.jpg

Holy crap 0_____________0

You are drop dead gorgeous!

Yeah, I second that!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love how they talk to you about all the acne you'll have when you go through puberty...but they don't tell you that it never really goes away, it just changes to ADULT ACNE! Frickin' grownups...
  • xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Lol this is bonkers! Natural beauties? not natural beauties. 80 percent of the time, makeup enhances your assets. if you were already ugly to begin with, make can't do too much for you. I honestly don't understand the purpose of this post. Who cares who wears make up and who doesn't. if you are truly a NATURAL BEAUTY..you SHOULD look reasonably aesthetically pleasing with or without makeup. There's nothing wrong with wearing makeup, and nothing wrong with not wearing make. Lets leave it at that....some of the posts on here...really..
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Interesting thought:

A study done recently shows the makeup makes you look "more competent and trustworthy," unless you wear too much, and then it just makes you look like a you-know-what.

I think this is probably because it is socially expected for women to wear a bit of makeup, and if they aren't it is often times when they are otherwise unkempt (running to the grocery store to pick up some milk, "didn't have time" to change out of sweats or put on makeup).

For those of you that don't wear any, you might want to consider the role this is playing on your professional career...not saying it is or isn't fair, just saying people are going to judge you on your looks, AS ALWAYS. Be careful! :flowerforyou:

http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/05/8170624-study-makeup-makes-women-look-competent-trustworthy

This is interesting. I'm a stay at home mom so I'm not too concerned about it affecting my career or anything. But for someone who does take this into consideration. If you don't have time to do up your entire face, eye liner, mascara and lip gloss can go a long way because your eyes and lips are the main focal points on your face.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Make up has its place, for sure. And I like looking at a woman that is tastefully adorned.

That said, nothing in this world is better than waking up next to someone you're madly in love with and seeing their fresh and natural beauty straight from out of their dreams.

My husband definitely agrees with you. He loves that I don't wear much makeup.
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I only wear lipgloss and that's when I remember to put it on.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Interesting thought:

A study done recently shows the makeup makes you look "more competent and trustworthy," unless you wear too much, and then it just makes you look like a you-know-what.

I think this is probably because it is socially expected for women to wear a bit of makeup, and if they aren't it is often times when they are otherwise unkempt (running to the grocery store to pick up some milk, "didn't have time" to change out of sweats or put on makeup).

For those of you that don't wear any, you might want to consider the role this is playing on your professional career...not saying it is or isn't fair, just saying people are going to judge you on your looks, AS ALWAYS. Be careful! :flowerforyou:

http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/05/8170624-study-makeup-makes-women-look-competent-trustworthy

Interesting idea but I don't hold with it at all!! I have exactly the career I want for now until I become a riding instructor and then I will be knee deep in dust and horse so I wont wear it then either!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Profile pic = absolutely zero makeup. No surprise there! :laugh:

Comparison w/makeup:

DS82s.jpg

Who needs natural beauty when you have Estee Lauder?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker:
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Most days a little eyeliner otherwise my eyes look weird, have blonde and hardly any lashes on them hehe but that is usually all. On a flash going out occaision I wear the lot but not over the top :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    In most cases I say less is more. Some women need a little more but in general most women don't need as much as they use.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    DSC_0571.jpg
    Wooooooow. You are stunning! Just sooooo stunning!

As for me, I rarely wear makeup. I've only recently started trying to wear mascara and eyeliner more frequently.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    nomakeup-1.jpg

I look very young when I don't wear makeup... I think. :laugh:
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    No make up here:
    199273_1589434904400_1491662524_31155597_7156518_n.jpg

Or here:
    SANY0375.jpg
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Tinted moisturizer, light eye shadow, mascara (I will not leave the house without it), light blush and lip gloss. I don't like lipstick so I will only wear some for a night out, the same with some eyeliner, and foundation. Always did and always will.

If I am not going anywhere, I will wear a moisturizer and lip gloss. I don't think that because I am older, I should not care how I look. But that is my opinion.
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you tldust and TheAnie
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No make up here:

Or here:
    SANY0375.jpg

Gorgeous!! I love your smile, by the way!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    No make up here:

Or here:
    SANY0375.jpg

You're very pretty!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wearing make up. I really try to be very subtle and natural... It really boosts confidence.

I used to not wear it but was also suffering from low self esteem. I feel it helps enhance my features and it is really fun to see the results you can get. :)

I think it's awesome also when women don't wear it all the time!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    DSC_0571.jpg

I love the freckles! You're just gorgeous!