Your views on 'CARBOHYDRATES'

Options
It tends to get frown upon quiet alto, there has also been a claim that too much carbohydrate can be stored as body fat. What are your personal views?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Too many calories, regardless of their source lead to body fat. Carbs are the only source of energy that can be utilized by the brain and by red blood cells. They are absolutely essential to life.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It tends to get frown upon quiet alto, there has also been a claim that too much carbohydrate can be stored as body fat. What are your personal views?

Look up De Novo Lipogenesis in humans. It isn't as common as fear mongerers about carbs would lead you to beleive.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Too many calories, regardless of their source lead to body fat. Carbs are the only source of energy that can be utilized by the brain and by red blood cells. They are absolutely essential to life.

No. Carbohydrates are NOT essential to life. You couldn't be more wrong on this.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Big fan.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I ate a diet very high in carbs from the time I started until I reached my goal weight and still do.
  • chellk71
    chellk71 Posts: 69
    Options
    I am a carboholic. Love carbs. Have PCOS so for me I crave them and it turns to fat right away for me. I say anything in moderation. I would not avoid any food group ever. I mean your body needs fat to properly function also.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

No. Carbohydrates are NOT essential to life. You couldn't be more wrong on this.

THIS. They are non-essential.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This thread has all the trappings of a comment trap.

1. Ask question you already have a strong opinion about.

2. Do not express opinion in original post.

3. Wait for juiciest reply, and jump all over them.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Source of that info?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    the view where they go into my mouth.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Source of that info?

To save you from reading a wall of text, I'll just post a link for your reading enjoyment.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    They are 'GREAT'
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I feel ****ty if I eat more than 100 Grams of Carbs in a day
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I enjoy carbs, but try to keep them below 150g a day. I did not have any problems losing weight. I tried to go lower but did not function as well with under 50g a day.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    :heart: I love them
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    This thread has all the trappings of a comment trap.

1. Ask question you already have a strong opinion about.

2. Do not express opinion in original post.

3. Wait for juiciest reply, and jump all over them.
    Sounds about right. I like pie.
  • Shan605
    Shan605 Posts: 41
    Options
    i stay away from all white starches, Whole wheat carbs are good to keep you fuled
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Source of that info?

To save you from reading a wall of text, I'll just post a link for your reading enjoyment.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html

Thanks, I've bookmarked the page.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am a carboholic. Love carbs. Have PCOS so for me I crave them and it turns to fat right away for me. I say anything in moderation. I would not avoid any food group ever. I mean your body needs fat to properly function also.

From one PCOSer to another I would say the same thing. All things in moderation and personally I try to eat mostly complex/less refined carbs for my intake. I love them, but need to keep my intake at a reasonable level.