Your views on 'CARBOHYDRATES'

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Too many calories, regardless of their source lead to body fat. Carbs are the only source of energy that can be utilized by the brain and by red blood cells. They are absolutely essential to life.

No. Carbohydrates are NOT essential to life. You couldn't be more wrong on this.

I second that you couldn't be more wrong. The BEST fuel ever... is FAT! Please read my blog on the BIG Fat Lie! I am on a high fat, protein and mineral lifestyle change. We can ALL live without Carbs - "manmade" but we cannot live healthy without FAT! I have more energy than I've ever had, and I don't take in hardly ANY Carbs.

I don't eat ANY bread whatsoever! No pasta - at all... no more! No crackers, no processed foods of any kind, no cereals, anything to do with the grain family... it is ALL bad for you. Serves as NO benefits AT ALL!

I don't count calories, I eat what I want as long as it's real food, and all of it is loaded with FAT! The fat that is good for you comes from, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, animal fat -(LARD)- Omega's ie; fish oils, almond oils!

Bad fats - Vegetable oils of any kind - margarine - reduced fat, or lites... these are all man-made and in fact are killing us! Do some research, you'll be shocked at what you'll find.

So far, since January 19th - I've lost 30lbs - eating real foods, and not cutting my healthy fats. I don't eat anything, that says, fat-free, low-fat, or reduced fat... anything that says that... is BAD BAD BAD for you! Stay away. God made fats from animals, nuts, and healthy real foods, are absolutely healthy in every way!

Real foods: Meats, Poultry, Fish, Nuts, Greens and dark berry fruits... to lose weight, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. When I say carbs... I'm not talking about complex carbs - vegetables and fruits... all healthy if not over cooked.

Carbs - unhealthy... is ANYTHING coming out of a box, or a freezer which has a LOOOOONG expiry date on it.

All healthy food sources should be traced back ONCE to it's original source, if you can't trace it back ONCE - don't eat it! But fats, from real foods, are healthy and essential.

Carbs out of a card board box... not! Also... if you can't get to fresh vegetables, as long as you eat grass fed animals, their liver, heart, etc. and meats with fat... you'll be fine - you'll be healthy!

I'm completely confused now, you think carbs only come out of foods that ship in a box?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Too many calories, regardless of their source lead to body fat. Carbs are the only source of energy that can be utilized by the brain and by red blood cells. They are absolutely essential to life.

No. Carbohydrates are NOT essential to life. You couldn't be more wrong on this.

You sir are absolutely wrong, they are very much an essential part of life.

Sigh.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Carbs make me feel like I have SUPERPOWERS!

I know it's different for everyone, but I feel and function best when I get about 55-60% of my calories from carbs. :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Dude read some of the other posts, they are not essential. Dietary carbs are not essential. Glucose is essential, but it can be generated without eating dietary carbs.

Everything we need can be generated from non-dietary sources. That doesn't make it ideal.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You're going to die from something. It may as well taste good.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

Sigh.

Sigh right back :)
  • acfkaren
    acfkaren Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its the starch in the carbs I cannot tolerate - and I can't eat much fruit either. But give me a plate full of veg, lean meat and a serving of rice noodles (gluten free) and I'm a happy bunny!

Depends on the person - which should, of course, be taken into account.
  • Mkeyes44
    Mkeyes44 Posts: 14
    Options

I don't eat ANY bread whatsoever! No pasta - at all... no more! No crackers, no processed foods of any kind, no cereals, anything to do with the grain family... it is ALL bad for you. Serves as NO benefits AT ALL!
    What no sammiches:noway: I like sammiches. I put chips and crackers in mine:happy: You are missing out!

You don't need it. The best fuel... BEST is from Healthy essential fats! Grains are for livestock! Healthy diet is the following...

1.) Essential healthy Fats!
    2.) Protein from Meats, Poultry, Fish, Dairy
    3.) Minerals from FRESH green leaf vegetables, and dark berry fruits... avoid starches when losing weight. After weight goal has been reached, go ahead and eat the REAL FOODS that are starchy.

But breads, grains... all of that boxed pasta, all of it is bad!
  • joejccva71
    Options

Sigh.

Dude you're wrong. Didn't we go through this last year? Your face looks familiar.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I second that you couldn't be more wrong. The BEST fuel ever... is FAT! Please read my blog on the BIG Fat Lie! I am on a high fat, protein and mineral lifestyle change. We can ALL live without Carbs - "manmade" but we cannot live healthy without FAT! I have more energy than I've ever had, and I don't take in hardly ANY Carbs.

I don't count calories, I eat what I want as long as it's real food, and all of it is loaded with FAT! The fat that is good for you comes from, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, animal fat -(LARD)- Omega's ie; fish oils, almond oils!

Bad fats - Vegetable oils of any kind - margarine - reduced fat, or lites... these are all man-made and in fact are killing us! Do some research, you'll be shocked at what you'll find.

So far, since January 19th - I've lost 30lbs - eating real foods, and not cutting my healthy fats. I don't eat anything, that says, fat-free, low-fat, or reduced fat... anything that says that... is BAD BAD BAD for you! Stay away. God made fats from animals, nuts, and healthy real foods, are absolutely healthy in every way!

Real foods: Meats, Poultry, Fish, Nuts, Greens and dark berry fruits... to lose weight, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. When I say carbs... I'm not talking about complex carbs - vegetables and fruits... all healthy if not over cooked.

Carbs - unhealthy... is ANYTHING coming out of a box, or a freezer which has a LOOOOONG expiry date on it.

All healthy food sources should be traced back ONCE to it's original source, if you can't trace it back ONCE - don't eat it! But fats, from real foods, are healthy and essential.

Carbs out of a card board box... not! Also... if you can't get to fresh vegetables, as long as you eat grass fed animals, their liver, heart, etc. and meats with fat... you'll be fine - you'll be healthy!

I'm completely confused now, you think carbs only come out of foods that ship in a box?

They apparently also think nuts, fruits and vegetables don't have carbs. Heck, even meat has some carbs. I'm not sure it's possible to eat enough food to live on without getting any carbs at all.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love "my links are better than your links" threads
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

What no sammiches:noway: I like sammiches. I put chips and crackers in mine:happy: You are missing out!

You don't need it. The best fuel... BEST is from Healthy essential fats! Grains are for livestock! Healthy diet is the following...

3.) Minerals from FRESH green leaf vegetables, and dark berry fruits... avoid starches when losing weight. After weight goal has been reached, go ahead and eat the REAL FOODS that are starchy.

Would you care to substantiate that fat is the best fuel, particularly concerning cognitive and athletic performance?
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options

Dude read some of the other posts, they are not essential. Dietary carbs are not essential. Glucose is essential, but it can be generated without eating dietary carbs.

Everything we need can be generated from non-dietary sources. That doesn't make it ideal.

Your body can't manufacture essential amino acids and fatty acids.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

Sigh.

Dude you're wrong. Didn't we go through this last year? Your face looks familiar.

Wasn't here last year, must be another person who didn't agree with you...but anyway it's not important I was just responding in kind. Let's move back to the topic.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The OP wanted a carb war. LOL

BTW, in human dietary terminology ESSENTIAL means your body needs it to live but cannot produce it. Aside from essential vitamins, there are essential amino acids and essential fatty acids. The body can produce it's own glucose, therefore consumed carbs are NOT essential. In limited amounts they are nice, but not essential.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

They apparently also think nuts, fruits and vegetables don't have carbs. Heck, even meat has some carbs. I'm not sure it's possible to eat enough food to live on without getting any carbs at all.

Well the almonds I ate today did ship in a box so...
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You're wrong! No, You're wrong!
  • joejccva71
    Options

Sigh.

Wasn't here last year, must be another person who didn't agree with you...

Ok explain to me why you think carbs are essential to human life, and then I'll explain why you're wrong.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

You see how big those cattle get off grain? We have different goals I guess. I wanna be as big as a bull!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    The OP wanted a carb war. LOL

BTW, in human dietary terminology ESSENTIAL means your body needs it to live but cannot produce it. Aside from essential vitamins, there are essential amino acids and essential fatty acids. The body can produce it's own glucose, therefore consumed carbs are NOT essential. In limited amounts they are nice, but not essential.

Nice and almost impossible to avoid. I think some posters confuse whether they are essential with whether we can practically live without them. If we ate zero carb diets, we'd have to do a lot of supplementing.