You can NOT get it fast....

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

You all are the best!! You make my day better and make me smile when I think I cant. I love seeing your accomplishments (GTO how far have you come girl?)

Well I lost 200 lbs. of dead weight (my husband), and gained a kickass car and a new outlook on life. It's definitely easier to take care of yourself when you don't have someone else's bull crap weighing you down! I can do so much that I couldn't do a year ago- I can kick over my head, run an 8 minute mile, and lift 80 lbs. over my head without even trying. If someone had told me a year ago I could do that I would've told them they were full of it. We're all proof that humans have unlimited potential~

Tis true! I am very very proud of you!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hi Jeannie - thanks so much for the post - I am 'posting' the expression, if you want it fast it will not last at my computer and on my mirror! Thank you for the wise words - I know they are going to help when I am upset that it isn't happening fast enough!
    H

I love my post its!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great story! I am glad to see people like you realize that something needed to change. My mom died of a massive heart attack at the age of 47. She's my inspiration to lose the weight. I'm glad you did it too!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Great story! I am glad to see people like you realize that something needed to change. My mom died of a massive heart attack at the age of 47. She's my inspiration to lose the weight. I'm glad you did it too!

I will do an extra mile for your momma and mine today!!:drinker:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

I will do an extra mile for your momma and mine today!!:drinker:
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Your words are so true. I felt that I just couldn't possibly count calories and excercise so I didn't and I got fatter and fatter. I tried the excuse that I didn't have anybody doing it with me. Nobody would understand it(been there, done that) and I would just be miserable. Surprisingly it isn't near as hard as I thought. Once you have the right tools and the will power to do it there's no stopping.

You have done a fantastic job and you're a true inspiration to us all.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Your words are so true. I felt that I just couldn't possibly count calories and excercise so I didn't and I got fatter and fatter. I tried the excuse that I didn't have anybody doing it with me. Nobody would understand it(been there, done that) and I would just be miserable. Surprisingly it isn't near as hard as I thought. Once you have the right tools and the will power to do it there's no stopping.

You have done a fantastic job and you're a true inspiration to us all.

You too!! 1/4 of the way to your goal WOOT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    Awwwww Jeannie, this thread is just that much more proof of how stalker-worthy you are!

:love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love:

Thank you for the continued inspiration!!!!
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This post was just what I needed today! Thank you to Jeannie and everyone else who has posted for sharing the positive truths about this important journey! We can do it!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I know someone else who really REALLY needed to read this thread before posting a different thread...which, curiously, has disappeared.... :bigsmile:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    AHHH - You are so right!!!:flowerforyou: Sometimes I totally lose sight of what I accomplished. I feel like I haven't lost any, when in reality I lost 24 pounds in almost a year. Okay, it's not the 50 I wanted:grumble: , but it's about losing weight in a sensible way, in a healthy way, in a way that will teach my girls about proper nutrition (which I didn't have growing up) and exercise (which funny enough I did have growing up).
    So thank you for reminding me today of all that I accomplished. You rock!:heart:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    If you want it fast, it will not last. :flowerforyou:

Amen, sista! As my dad always says "the brightest stars burn out quickest." If you get something fast, you'll burn out fast... congrats to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for this great post. I have been really struggling lately but as of yesterday I am back on it, not eating junk and doing my exercise. I really want this and I will do it. I just wanted to say that you story is really inspirational and I appreciate you shariing it. :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    :heart:
    I needed this one today.
    I'm losing steam, not as motivated as I was 2 months ago. Summer laziness has me in it's clutches.
    :ohwell:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. The other day I was thinking "you should have lost these 6 pounds by now. It shouldn't have taken you this long to lose 69 pounds other people have lost 70-80-100 by now."

But now people want to know what I am doing. I'm thinking about selling my plan on a small index card that says myfitnesspal.com for $50 a pop. Would that be wrong?:bigsmile:
    Sometimes I totally lose sight of what I accomplished.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I know someone else who really REALLY needed to read this thread before posting a different thread...which, curiously, has disappeared.... :bigsmile:

:laugh: :flowerforyou:

To everyone who has worked your butt off for your loss. Who is eating better and instead of being 10 pounds up is now xxx pounds down...............I dont care if it is ONE...........

You ROCK!!!

000203FD.gif
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I teared up a little, you are such an inspiration!

My click moment has happened many times, looking at current pictures of me, seeing the size I am, going shopping ugh!

But really the worst moment happened a few days ago, and this wasn't the first time, but I will explain.. someone at Starbucks asked when "I AM DUE!". I have been asked twice before at other places. It always hurts. But what hurts even more, is that DH and I just found out we can't have children on our own except for a miracle, or IVF, so it is even worse for me when someone asks that because of my weight.

Plus what Tam said is a good point. Your body "Feels" better when you treat it well. I have so much more energy and just feel cleaner and happier when I eat good things, as opposed to the quick fast food meal, that may sound delish but about an hour later I feel like I just fed myself fried poison.

I can commiserate with you. I have the same problem. I get asked that question every year. What's worse is when people put their hands on my stomach and ask me that question. That's because the fat mostly is around my belly. And on top of that, I also cannot have children: after 10 years of trying, of drug treatment, of shots into the stomach everyday, of lots of vitamins, of IVF, miscarriages, and $100,000. later, just heartbreak. Children are a blessing, and those of you who have them are truly lucky.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeannie - thanks so much for the post - I am 'posting' the expression, if you want it fast it will not last at my computer and on my mirror! Thank you for the wise words - I know they are going to help when I am upset that it isn't happening fast enough!
    H

I love my post its!!

I won't even tell you how I read this when I glanced quickly-- ha!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jeannie-- how did I never see this?

You're awesome to care enough to share this-- and it's so on the money. There's no magic pill-- no words of wisdom beyond just freakin' do it, and stick with it.

How do you avoid fast food? Stop buying it. Don't turn your car into the stinkin driveway.

How do you stop the temptation to eat sweets? You may not ever stop being tempted-- but you have to power within you to say no. Put down the chocolate, and back away.

How do you stay motivated? You just freakin' do-- because you want to take care of your body, and like Tami said, have it reward you.

You just say it so much nicer than I do, Jeannie-- you're the best, sweetie!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Bump Jeannie!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!