You can NOT get it fast....

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I teared up a little, you are such an inspiration!

My click moment has happened many times, looking at current pictures of me, seeing the size I am, going shopping ugh!

But really the worst moment happened a few days ago, and this wasn't the first time, but I will explain.. someone at Starbucks asked when "I AM DUE!". I have been asked twice before at other places. It always hurts. But what hurts even more, is that DH and I just found out we can't have children on our own except for a miracle, or IVF, so it is even worse for me when someone asks that because of my weight.

Plus what Tam said is a good point. Your body "Feels" better when you treat it well. I have so much more energy and just feel cleaner and happier when I eat good things, as opposed to the quick fast food meal, that may sound delish but about an hour later I feel like I just fed myself fried poison.

I can commiserate with you. I have the same problem. I get asked that question every year. What's worse is when people put their hands on my stomach and ask me that question. That's because the fat mostly is around my belly. And on top of that, I also cannot have children: after 10 years of trying, of drug treatment, of shots into the stomach everyday, of lots of vitamins, of IVF, miscarriages, and $100,000. later, just heartbreak. Children are a blessing, and those of you who have them are truly lucky.

RF- my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry.:brokenheart:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm....somehow I never saw this post before :ohwell:

Jeannie, you izzz soooooo smarrrrrrttt crush.gif

I needed this because ummmm :embarassed: I've been kinda slackin since the wedding :embarassed: I kinda just needed a break...I was soooo exhausted. :yawn:

But, last week I worked out 3 times.....it's a start, right? :ohwell: :laugh:

Ok......sooooooo I'm gonna put the past two months behind me and get back at it NOW :drinker: I felt so much better when I was doing this. I just think I burnt myself out. I was pushing TOO hard the couple months before the wedding trying to get rid of those back boobs :embarassed: :laugh: :wink: Now, I don't have a special occasion to do this for, I'm gonna do it for me, my hubby, the kids we want to have, and I REFUSE to throw away all the hard work I've already put into this. No need to push myself and burn myself out this time. Slow and steady wins the race. :drinker:

So I've gained 4lbs back. I don't need to gain all 40 back. 4lbs is nothin...It will be off in no time :drinker:

That is all........rant over :embarassed:

:heart: U Jeannie!!! :smooched:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thanks; these are the stories that inspire others to dig deep. I'd like to read about other people's journeys too. Start writing people! :happy: :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Awesome post - thank you! Very inspiring as always!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this Jeannie! :drinker:

You are amazing! :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    bumping for the newer peeps.

I see a lot of threads about the meds and quickies.....
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh yeah and that was written in June of 09....I have lost another 6-7 pounds since then and KEPT it off!!

That is key, right!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Jeannie - you are an inspiration. Thanks. I'll help bump your great post.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry being juvenile
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Preach it girlie!!!!

:flowerforyou:

I will not let my Seasonal Depression derail my hard earned efforts as I have done for the past 6 years either!!!

2010 is my year to Win!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Love it Jeannie! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Such great thoughts and words to live by! Thanks for sharing!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and that was written in June of 09....I have lost another 6-7 pounds since then and KEPT it off!!

That is key, right!

that is the key!!! I am at the just over a year mark and lost #30 in the first 8 months...since then I have been maintaining. I want to be losing more but it is just going really slow. But the most important thing is that even after not losing any since September, I know that to quit would mean to gain it back and I am not going to do that. I will be as patient with my body and my body is being with me. There are still a couple of changes i know that I need to make to lose this last 15. When I am mentally ready for that next step I know that my body will reward me!

Thanks for the post and thanks to all of those who keep bumping it along!

DD
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    YES !! that is what everyone needs to know, this , if you do it right, is NOT a quick fix!! its cant be, not to be done right! Good for you!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

As a physical therapist, I can't tell you how many times I get patients who tell me that they can't exercise, all their health problems are caused by this, that and the other excuse, when the simple truth is as you stated: Choices. I see 90 year old ladies that still go to the gym every day and have amazing strength & flexibility and I see 50 year olds that yell at me "You have no idea what it's like to get old!" We all make choices in life and it takes a very strong person so say to themselves "I've made some bad choices. Now I would like to change that." Congratulations to you for empowering yourself to be a healthier person and leading others by your great example. I'm glad you found a good teacher to help you get started and best of luck in achieving ALL of your goals in life! :flowerforyou:
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    That WAS great! You want if fast, it will not last! so cool how you put it.

And..that was my same story! No breakfast, had a fast food lunch, not a great dinner and I'd lay down right after and fall asleep by 7pm! Then one day I realized I needed a life that was NO life! So I joined a gym, but didn't do much with it until I found MFP. And seeing that time is passing by very quickly might as well look at things long term instead of fast short term, since next year WILL be here faster than we realize! So plan out goals on a long term because it will be here before you know it and it will last!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry being juvenile

:noway: although I have heard the latter can burn some quick calories, leaving us extra for that chocolate bar after:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

As a physical therapist, I can't tell you how many times I get patients who tell me that they can't exercise, all their health problems are caused by this, that and the other excuse, when the simple truth is as you stated: Choices. I see 90 year old ladies that still go to the gym every day and have amazing strength & flexibility and I see 50 year olds that yell at me "You have no idea what it's like to get old!" We all make choices in life and it takes a very strong person so say to themselves "I've made some bad choices. Now I would like to change that." Congratulations to you for empowering yourself to be a healthier person and leading others by your great example. I'm glad you found a good teacher to help you get started and best of luck in achieving ALL of your goals in life! :flowerforyou:

And thank YOU for being out there to maybe get someone else on the treadmill!! Those 2 girls saved my life!!

I remember telling her as I entered all the things I was unable to do......she looked at her partner and smiled and evil grin.......they did not let me get away with anything.

I go back in to show them each new smaller size, or tell them I ran a mile or lifted a new number. I think y'all deserve a pat on the back!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    That WAS great! You want if fast, it will not last! so cool how you put it.

And..that was my same story! No breakfast, had a fast food lunch, not a great dinner and I'd lay down right after and fall asleep by 7pm! Then one day I realized I needed a life that was NO life! So I joined a gym, but didn't do much with it until I found MFP. And seeing that time is passing by very quickly might as well look at things long term instead of fast short term, since next year WILL be here faster than we realize! So plan out goals on a long term because it will be here before you know it and it will last!

Run Jessy..RUuuuuun!! :tongue: Good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fit4Europe
    Fit4Europe Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Make ONE choice today and stick with it.

If you want it fast, it will not last. :flowerforyou:

What an awesome post! I especially like this part. I see a lot of posts where people want it fast and can't understand why it isn't melting off because they really really want it to, and fail to take accountability for choices they make.
    Congratulations on your weight loss and new life outlook :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!