Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bmp:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I was just looking over some of my successes.........because I am not feeling very successful at the moment.

Ok so my weight is the same. Gained a few from sodium from hitting the drive thru windows. I forgive myself for that because 800 cals of crap is better than no food at all and I could not even eat my luscious strawberries. Stress has had a horrible impact on my body, mind and soul.

So for today, I will eat well. I will walk 3 miles. I will do some push ups and squats. I will have lunch with some friends to commiserate.

I will comfort a friend who is hurting.

I am a good person and I will get through this.

So I have to remember I can't get it fast and have it last! A bottle of pills would help me with stress and depression for sure (and I am taking a small amount......NO issues with needed medications!!!) But I am also eating well and exercsing which is helping a LOT.

God Bless abnd have a great day!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Truly, what a great read! Thank you for putting things into perspective! You rock, lady:)
  • 125gal
    125gal Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You are a motivation to me. I too am now realizing what my choices have done to me. It's a slap in the face. I only hope that next year at this time that my story is just as inspiring to someone in need as yours is to me.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Truly, what a great read! Thank you for putting things into perspective! You rock, lady:)

Thanks Punka!! :wink: I mean Kelly!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You are a motivation to me. I too am now realizing what my choices have done to me. It's a slap in the face. I only hope that next year at this time that my story is just as inspiring to someone in need as yours is to me.

I love your AV!! Great idea....those jeans want UP now!!! :laugh: and they will! I cannot WAIT to see you wearing them with a hot shirt!
  • nell24
    nell24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! There has been three people to disourage me in the past month about my weight loss. So I found this and was like ohmigosh, this is definitely what I needed to read! thanks! :) keep it up!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I totally agree! There has been three people to disourage me in the past month about my weight loss. So I found this and was like ohmigosh, this is definitely what I needed to read! thanks! :) keep it up!

Welcome!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    This is always such a great read. I have been browsing the recent posts and thought it was time to bring an oldy but goody back up to the top! Jeannie has had amazing success and is to be emulated!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. You speak the truth. There is no magic pill. Slow and steady...
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    This is always such a great read. I have been browsing the recent posts and thought it was time to bring an oldy but goody back up to the top! Jeannie has had amazing success and is to be emulated!

I couldn't agree more!

Jeannie - you have been an inspiration to me ever since I joined MFP ~ a year ago. I just LOVE your attitude!! Thanks for always being the voice of reason!
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    Your post was very reassuring and inspirational. Keep up the good work.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    thanks ladies...........you made me feel so good! and want to go to the gym today!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Well said, I agree with you 100% !
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And have it last.

You cant have it fast, and have it last.

This is my new motto. Diet pills, super cleanses, shots in your *kitten*, eating icecream and grapefruit...phooey. They do NOT work. Period.

One year ago today I was a 47 year 'old' woman. I awoke each morning with such pain in my neck and upper back, that I litterally rolled out of my bed. My muscles were weak and I felt old and washed out.

I went to make coffee and took my muscle relaxer, advil and crestor(cholesterol) with my first cup of coffee. I ate nothing, just went to work.

Around 12 I was starving, so I stopped at Mcdonalds for a burger and fries, because it was easy.

I came home a 6pm and again, stopped off for some fast food. Maybe Boston Market or something 'good' for me.

I ate, cleaned a bit and went to lay down. 6-7 pm in bed, at 47 years of age, SEVEN PM!!

One year ago today I found my old MFP account. It started as a whim to lose 10 pounds FAST....what could I do, what could I take??? Checked on Ali....uh dont want to poo my pants. Others would make me jittery.

I told my Orthopedist I was frustrated with the pain, so he set me up with Physical Therapy. I told the PT I could NOT do any exercise. She showed me what I could do and my life began to change.

I logged onto MFP and put in all of my food for the prior week:noway: I ate WHAT?? You see as a single meal it didnt seem bad, but looking at it as the enemy is is to my body....no way!

Well I lost 30 pounds with diet and exercise. Did I lose 10 pounds before 4th of July last year, hell no! But....over the next 6 months my life changed. Changed in a great way. I am off the cholesterol meds, no more muscle relaxers, cuz guess what? Exercise IS a muscle relaxer!!

I eat breakfast each morning, have snacks, eat veggies and hummus (shout out Tam!) and use good fats (shout out Banks!!) on my big plate of salad, and I LOVE IT!!

I go to bed at 9-10 and have a life with my family. I jump out of bed in the morning-my body LIFTS me because I treat it well.

So please know, you CAN do this. Either way, this past year would be gone folks. I could still be sitting here whining about all the bad things that happened to me and how it made me fat. The bottom line is CHOICES made me fat.

Make ONE choice today and stick with it.

If you want it fast, it will not last. :flowerforyou:

Had to re-read my own writing! Today I remembered why I work so hard.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Awesome thought I totally agree!
    I have been barely scrapping off a pound a week (only .7 this week) and I have been a bit down about it - previously on 'diets' I have knocked back 2 - 4 pounds a week no sweat, but I always put it back on. So despite the slow speed I am pleased to be consistently loosing, not yo-yoing at the mo!!

The tortise wins the race hey! Well done and thanks for the great thought!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Awesome thought I totally agree!
    I have been barely scrapping off a pound a week (only .7 this week) and I have been a bit down about it - previously on 'diets' I have knocked back 2 - 4 pounds a week no sweat, but I always put it back on. So despite the slow speed I am pleased to be consistently loosing, not yo-yoing at the mo!!

The tortise wins the race hey! Well done and thanks for the great thought!

I love that! "Barely scraped off a pound!:" :laugh: thanks for the smile. That is exactly how I feel. 1/2 lb a week.....but it also keeps me from eatng crap I don't need in the first place.

Great job on the weight loss!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my friends-- it's as true today as when you wrote it, Jeannie--
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Bumping for my friends-- it's as true today as when you wrote it, Jeannie--

Thank you Marla........I SO needed to hear this today. Now that I am scraping off the addl 6 pounds I had already worked to remove......The first week is fun with its 2-3-4 pound loss, but I know next week will be 1/2 lb and thats OK with me!!

Love you girl..........:heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!