Can u find real love on Mfp????

Options

Replies

• xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    I don't see why not.

Men and women both lie, it's up to the individual to verify their authenticity when they meet and interact in person

Can't say I've experienced "online dating", but I totally agree w/this. Depends on the two parties if they want to be fake & funky or totally genuine/honest from the get go.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I would have previously said no, but I will admit, that now that I'm chatting with more MFPers on the Single Peeps forum, I can see how it would happen. The same 50-100 people post all the time and even in a month's time, you actually start to think you KNOW these people. Really, you just know what they want you to... but if there is a connection, I could see it happening. Who Knows, right? Can't be any different than other online sites...except hopefully less junk shots, haha...
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    **SHRUGS**

Love works in mysterious ways.

You will never find love....love will ALWAYS find YOU! ...No matter where you are......no matter what you're doing...it'll hit you without even realizing it.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    You can find love anywhere. End of thread.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i wanna know what love is...i want you to shoooow meeeee
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love + Me = No Go! I had the love of my life and lost her. Now I just attract crazies or woman who are way to young for me! Occassionally they are crazy women who are to young and then I have someone who is spry enough to chase me down AND boil my bunny while I am not home!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Watch the documentary called "Catfish." You'll have your answer.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I defy anyone to find true love ( or even 'like') on Xbox Live..

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amphion
    amphion Posts: 48
    Options
    Watch the documentary called "Catfish." You'll have your answer.

This.

Also finding implies looking. If you are looking for love on a dieting site you are either lost or a creepier looking for insecure wo/men to take advantage of.

Edit....

Re read your post. No a picture is not enough if you have not met this person how can you be in love. Lust maybe, not love. Text and pictures are not the best form of communication. One thing people tend to do is fill in all the blanks with the image of their perfect partner. I suggest meeting this person, but it might be to late and you might have unrealistic expectations if you are asking about true love.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    There's no place you can't find love
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Was definitely not expecting to, but YES :blushing: :heart:
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on here ♥ We are getting married in August, and we started a business together!!

And I have also made some AMAZING friends
    Steph
    Ruffa
    Cat
    Kelsey
    Rebecca

♥ you guys!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Lew....I can honestly say that YES You can find real love online....I have recently found my true love right here on MFP.. we were friends just being supportive to one another and before you knew it I felt something special in him that I hadnt felt in a very very long time....Neither one of us were looking , it just happened. As time went by we became closer and then exchanged phone numbers and started to text one another...NOW being the person that I am, I had him checked out and he was very legit !! ( hey a girl can never be to cautious) ...we decided to meet one weekend and trust me when I say i was sooo nervous, all I had to go on was a picture and his word......

When I arrive i sent him a text telling him i was there he came thru the door and My heart skipped a beat, I knew then it was love at first sight ! All of those conversations that we had shared just made me realize that this could be something beautiful .

I wouldnt change a thing ! I have NO REGRETS and this comes from someone who was so ANTI-ONLINE DATING !! I would preach to others about how crazy and harmful this could be until I met him ! SO I guess the noral of the story is follow your heart but proceed with caution at first ! LOVE can be staring you in the face right now and you dont even know it ! Life is about taking chances, and living it like its your last.

Awwww... That's so sweet!!! Love it!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on here ♥ We are getting married in August, and we started a business together!!

And I have also made some AMAZING friends
    Steph
    Ruffa
    Cat
    Kelsey
    Rebecca

♥ you guys!!

Awww...Congrats!!!!
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I hope so... Fingers crossed!....... :-/
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Idk about love but lots of herpes
  • megz0750
    megz0750 Posts: 13
    Options
    Im sure ppl find love on mfp all the time! I dont see why it would be any different than any other social networking site and I have friends who have found their husbands/wives/gf/bf on facebook etc. :happy:
  • karlamaria1985
    karlamaria1985 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I never came on here to find love, but wouldn't be opposed to it if it happened. Where are the goodlooking Canadian gentlemen at? lol
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I think that anything is possible! If you find someone that you truly connect with, it doesn't matter where you found them. Therefore, I saw yes :)
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    You can find love anywhere.
    Of course you don't know them based of their picture, no more if you see them somewhere on the street for the first time & think "Hey that's someone that I'd like to know."