Can u find real love on Mfp????

Options
BIG_Lew
BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
Can u really find real love on mfp? If so how do u know its real and or safe? Do ppl really open up their hearts to each other or do they just say want u want to hear to forfill a fantasy of theirs? I'm not saying cyber dating is bad or wrong, I just wanna know how well can u know a person based off a picture? I'm just wondering.......

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Here I thought you were going to ask me out. pouty.gif
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Of course you don't know a person based on a picture. What an odd thing to say. If you met them in real life you wouldn't expect to know them based on their looks, would you? You get to know someone through interacting with them over time. It's no different online.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m28r7sM3lN1qhna06o1_500.png
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I think you could and know people that have actually found their significant other on MFP. I think it depends on the two people, I have found some amazing friends (two of my best friends) and someone that is pretty much on my mind all day long from MFP. You have to think, there is life outside MFP. If they work on MFP, have specific phone/skype dates, and get to see each other (even if its far apart) I think that two people can find true love and be very happy together.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Lew....I can honestly say that YES You can find real love online....I have recently found my true love right here on MFP.. we were friends just being supportive to one another and before you knew it I felt something special in him that I hadnt felt in a very very long time....Neither one of us were looking , it just happened. As time went by we became closer and then exchanged phone numbers and started to text one another...NOW being the person that I am, I had him checked out and he was very legit !! ( hey a girl can never be to cautious) ...we decided to meet one weekend and trust me when I say i was sooo nervous, all I had to go on was a picture and his word......

When I arrive i sent him a text telling him i was there he came thru the door and My heart skipped a beat, I knew then it was love at first sight ! All of those conversations that we had shared just made me realize that this could be something beautiful .

I wouldnt change a thing ! I have NO REGRETS and this comes from someone who was so ANTI-ONLINE DATING !! I would preach to others about how crazy and harmful this could be until I met him ! SO I guess the noral of the story is follow your heart but proceed with caution at first ! LOVE can be staring you in the face right now and you dont even know it ! Life is about taking chances, and living it like its your last.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I think it's entirely possibly to fall in love with someone you've never met. When you have a computer to hide behind, you tend to open up more, thus allowing yourself to fall probably more readily than you would in real life. The caveat here is that you fall in love with what they want you to see. When you're not seeing the person in real life, you don't get to know the quirks, those annoying things they do that you can't quite explain why, but they make you crazy.

In some ways, it's much harder because you feel you know the person, but are missing out on so much. When that ends, it's harder too, in a way, because there is no finality to it. just unanswered emails maybe, or a deleted friend... You can't get much closure with someone you've never met.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    I :heart: you Lew. Does that count ?? *muah*
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    There's some decent spank bank material
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: you can find love anywhere, MFP, dating sites, or even in a yahoo game room.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be saying hoe. Women do not like that word:angry:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

LMAO!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Lew....I can honestly say that YES You can find real love online....I have recently found my true love right here on MFP.. we were friends just being supportive to one another and before you knew it I felt something special in him that I hadnt felt in a very very long time....Neither one of us were looking , it just happened. As time went by we became closer and then exchanged phone numbers and started to text one another...NOW being the person that I am, I had him checked out and he was very legit !! ( hey a girl can never be to cautious) ...we decided to meet one weekend and trust me when I say i was sooo nervous, all I had to go on was a picture and his word......

When I arrive i sent him a text telling him i was there he came thru the door and My heart skipped a beat, I knew then it was love at first sight ! All of those conversations that we had shared just made me realize that this could be something beautiful .

I wouldnt change a thing ! I have NO REGRETS and this comes from someone who was so ANTI-ONLINE DATING !! I would preach to others about how crazy and harmful this could be until I met him ! SO I guess the noral of the story is follow your heart but proceed with caution at first ! LOVE can be staring you in the face right now and you dont even know it ! Life is about taking chances, and living it like its your last.

This story made me very happy :heart: :drinker:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

You called?
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: you can find love anywhere, MFP, dating sites, or even in a yahoo game room.

LOVE IS EVERYWHERE !
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

You called?

Not since earlier
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options

This story made me very happy :heart: :drinker:

Me too. I hope you have a great life and relationship :heart:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Can u really find real love on mfp? If so how do u know its real and or safe? Do ppl really open up their hearts to each other or do they just say want u want to hear to forfill a fantasy of theirs? I'm not saying cyber dating is bad or wrong, I just wanna know, hoe well can u know a person based off a picture? I'm just wondering.......
    Judging by your picture, I don't think you'll have a problem.

The rest of us mortals, however... not so much.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I think the possibility is always there. You just have to smart about it. I have several friends who "met" their spouses through an online datine site and seem to be the perfect match for each other.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options

Awwwww, this is such a cute story!! Love it!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Who knows where you will run into the right person for you.