Can u find real love on Mfp????

Options

Replies

• cathyc71
    cathyc71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I defy anyone to find true love ( or even 'like') on Xbox Live..
    xbox live ruins relationships.

I think people ruin relationships, just my opinion.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a chat site 9 years ago. It wasn't MFP but a chat site for divorced people. He lived near Atlanta. I live near Toronto. We dated back and forth for a year, got engaged and have now been married for 7 1/2 years.

It will work as long as both people are honest. The one thing you learn, is how to communicate since you don't have the physical part getting in the way at first.

You need to be careful. I told a friend all his contact inormation and everything I knew about him before I met him in person, just in case he was an axe murderer. While he did own an axe, he didn't bring it wth him on our first "date"

The internet is amazing in that it opens you up to meet people you never would have met in your day to day life.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    How you first became aware of another person's existence is a pretty minor part of what makes a relationship work.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Can u really find real love on mfp? If so how do u know its real and or safe? Do ppl really open up their hearts to each other or do they just say want u want to hear to forfill a fantasy of theirs? I'm not saying cyber dating is bad or wrong, I just wanna know, hoe well can u know a person based off a picture? I'm just wondering.......

You can find it anywhere. Especially if you are not looking. I wasn't, and it found me, on MFP.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    How you first became aware of another person's existence is a pretty minor part of what makes a relationship work.

This. This. This!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    When you are single, you go to places that other singles will be. MFP is no different than any other place. Here, instead of a bar (unless you want the bar scene to be a major part of your life), you are meeting people with the same goals as you... they are head in the same fitness and health direction as you are... that is a major PLUS in my book.

Some single folks go to church get togethers because they enjoy their church and want someone else who enjoys that same feeling. MFP can be the church (or bar) for many singles.

I met my exhusband through a personal ad in the newspaper 20 years ago... yes, it didn't work out in the long run, but neither did any other relationship that I've had meeting people in more "classic" acceptable ways. (in person, through a friend, in high school,etc.)

So yes, you can meet the love of your life ANYwhere. Just keep your mind open to all possibilities and you both shall win.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Take a chance...pu$$y

http://www.prisonhookup.com/
    Thank you! This is just what I've been looking for!!!!!!!!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Guess I need to add some GUYS to my friends!!!! Taking suggestions...
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Doubtful.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance online....not MFP but online regardless....and May 16th we're getting married....it's possible...you find love in the strangest places.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    "Well, I'm just your typical tall, dark, and handsome guy, lost a bunch of weight on MFP, we reeeally should meet...........

physco.jpg
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Nothing is impossible. Love is everywhere. Love is in the air... oh great, now I've become a poet lol
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Pretty much that's why at least half of everyone is here :laugh:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    "Well, I'm just your typical tall, dark, and handsome guy, lost a bunch of weight on MFP, we reeeally should meet...........

physco.jpg

yep...this is what i think of when i think of online dating.
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you Lew. Does that count ?? *muah*
    Muah muah muah :-)
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Can u really find real love on mfp? If so how do u know its real and or safe? Do ppl really open up their hearts to each other or do they just say want u want to hear to forfill a fantasy of theirs? I'm not saying cyber dating is bad or wrong, I just wanna know, hoe well can u know a person based off a picture? I'm just wondering.......

Cuz u look like a brown version of the incredible hulk. You shouldn't be shook to meet anyone any where..........f your more worried in terms that the chic doesn't look like like her pic, then talk to her first and build a friendship so that if when u meet her in person and she doesn't look like the penthouse pet she posted on profile but an outhouse pet at least you got a new homie.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Nothing is impossible. Love is everywhere. Love is in the air... oh great, now I've become a poet lol

BOW CHICA WOW WOW! ORLANDO IS IN THE HOUSE!!!! Okay, I was wrong....you can totally find love on MFP!!!!!LOL:love:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think you could meet the person you will eventually fall in love with on MFP. A relationship would have to be built in real life though.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    You only truly know someone once you've talked and met. I have a few on my friends list that I actually know in life.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Well, probably, since you will have common interests (getting fit, losing weight, health, etc..) but you never know what kind of chemistry you'll have until you meet a person, which will hopefully happen in a very public place.