Can u find real love on Mfp????

Options

Replies

• loudvoice1
    Options
    I wouldn't ever go for it...too risky...

QUOTE: I think you could meet the person you will eventually fall in love with on MFP. A relationship would have to be built in real life though
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I am not sure...but both my son and daughter married online friends and it has worked out great. Daughter married 13 years and son is happier than i have ever seen him. I love both my son and daughter-n-law.
  • dmoberg11
    dmoberg11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually thought I may have found true love on-line the last few months. We shared phone numbers and started texting and they skyped on the computer. Unfortunately he lives in CA and I live in OH - so a little difficult. He helped me thru a very difficult time in my life and I felt we were brought together for a reason. However, it just ended and I wish him the best of luck. But I feel you can meet that special person anywhere - even on MFP.
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be saying hoe. Women do not like that word:angry:
    Typo corrected .....thxs
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    You can find a lot of things on MFP: love, weight loss stories, stalkers, murder, snark, oblique shots of newfound cleavage, and, of course, unwanted in-your-face shots of shirtless men.
    Lmao.....I think may need sum friends
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    tumblr_m28r7sM3lN1qhna06o1_500.png
    Lmfao
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    I know lots of people who have found "true love" on the internet. It actually is a really good way to get to know someone's personality. Seeing as how interaction is mostly talking and not so much physical.

Just depends on if both parties are honest. And while it is easier to lie online. People lie face to face all the time.
  • Dohrnl
    Dohrnl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Can u really find real love on mfp? If so how do u know its real and or safe? Do ppl really open up their hearts to each other or do they just say want u want to hear to forfill a fantasy of theirs? I'm not saying cyber dating is bad or wrong, I just wanna know how well can u know a person based off a picture? I'm just wondering.......

How well do you know someone that you meet at a bar the first time? Just like anything in life we need to all take a leap of faith.
  • shellferrell
    Options
    I THINK YOU CAN> THE TRICK TO BEING SAFE IS NEVER HAVE A DATE IN PRIVATE ALWAYS BE IN PUBLIC VERY PUBLIC TIL YOU FEEL YOU KNOW SOMEONE
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think you can find a date. Then everything else may fall into place..
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    How you first became aware of another person's existence is a pretty minor part of what makes a relationship work.

Wow. I love this!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is really even a question.

The answer is of course yes. However, I think the odds of finding true and lasting love are probably greater in a "real life" scenario...
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I think so! I was fortunate to watch a few of my buddies on here find love right here on MFP :)<3 It can happen to anyone :)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Can u really find real love on mfp? If so how do u know its real and or safe? Do ppl really open up their hearts to each other or do they just say want u want to hear to forfill a fantasy of theirs? I'm not saying cyber dating is bad or wrong, I just wanna know how well can u know a person based off a picture? I'm just wondering.......

How well do you know someone that you meet at a bar the first time? Just like anything in life we need to all take a leap of faith.
    i dont think most people meet the person they are dating at a bar either...or at least i hope not. thats risky too.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope so. I hope all the time to find true love, anywhere it may be. I do have a crush on one of my mfp friends, and my face turns red every time he posts on my wall or replies to me. But I'd never tell him, I hardly know him and more than likely it would go nowhere but it is nice to have my heart skip a beat just because he talks to me. I was put off guys for a long time after a HORRIBLE breakup from my ex fiancee, I was determined not to be hurt again but now it has been a while and now I finally have a crush again :) I am starting to get a crush on another mfp friend, he and I are close in age and we have things in common and he is really funny. I love reading his posts. I have no idea where he is from though. For all I know he could be close to me, or he may be far away, but the mystery lets me hope. I smile when I see him on here too. I always hope to find someone but whoever he is, he is worth the wait.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't suggest internet dating, be it on MFP or match.com. Just saying.

Take a chance...pu$$y

http://www.prisonhookup.com/

omg thanks for the laugh!
    I think you can find love anywhere but I Happen to think it's better when you're not necessarily looking but find it, be it here or somewhere else. =)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I like to tell my love that I found on MFP...

"you had me at WTG". :heart:

In all seriousness, yes...you can. I wasn't expected to, wasn't looking for that here, but it happened after us being friends for many months first. I can't see "this" being that different of a way for like minded people to meet just because it's not face to face. I would MUCH rather meet someone here than a complete stranger in the grocery store or some such place!!

JT...your turn! :flowerforyou:
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I defy anyone to find true love ( or even 'like') on Xbox Live..

I used to play XBL quite a bit, met some AMAZING people. Two of my XBL friends decided to meet & also start dating. They are now married & have a child together. I'm in WI & I flew out to AZ to meet them. I don't play XBL anymore, but I still keep in contact with both of them via text, phone, & FB. They are an amazing couple & I hope to visit them again soon!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I like to tell my love that I found on MFP...

"you had me at WTG". :heart:

In all seriousness, yes...you can. I wasn't expected to, wasn't looking for that here, but it happened after us being friends for many months first. I can't see "this" being that different of a way for like minded people to meet just because it's not face to face. I would MUCH rather meet someone here than a complete stranger in the grocery store or some such place!!

JT...your turn! :flowerforyou:

Since it is my turn now......I ABsoulutely beliefe you can find real love on MFP. As mine has already mentioned, we started out as MFP support buddies that give the standard WTG post for weight loss or workouts, then over time we started to get to know one anohther we started to like each other more and more but didn't know if it would go anywhere because of circumstance and distance, but in time we finally talked and met in IRL and the rest is history! She is the love of my life!
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's possible. Wouldn't be for me though :)