Can u find real love on Mfp????

Options

Replies

• bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yes, you really really can. Who would have thought on top of everything else MFP was a matchmaking site. :D
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    You hear success stories all the time, but still, I think about 95% of people on the internet are full of BS. Some are truly evil and some just get caught up in the romance of it all and when reality strikes, they back down.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Lew....I can honestly say that YES You can find real love online....I have recently found my true love right here on MFP.. we were friends just being supportive to one another and before you knew it I felt something special in him that I hadnt felt in a very very long time....Neither one of us were looking , it just happened. As time went by we became closer and then exchanged phone numbers and started to text one another...NOW being the person that I am, I had him checked out and he was very legit !! ( hey a girl can never be to cautious) ...we decided to meet one weekend and trust me when I say i was sooo nervous, all I had to go on was a picture and his word......

When I arrive i sent him a text telling him i was there he came thru the door and My heart skipped a beat, I knew then it was love at first sight ! All of those conversations that we had shared just made me realize that this could be something beautiful .

I wouldnt change a thing ! I have NO REGRETS and this comes from someone who was so ANTI-ONLINE DATING !! I would preach to others about how crazy and harmful this could be until I met him ! SO I guess the noral of the story is follow your heart but proceed with caution at first ! LOVE can be staring you in the face right now and you dont even know it ! Life is about taking chances, and living it like its your last.

That is such a beautiful story...Thanks for sharing...It gives me hope that you can find love anywhere - Especially when you least expect it!! I wish you two the best!! :)

To the OP - I guess this story tells you it CAN happen....Good luck!! :)
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I run a meetup group for couples and I would estimate about 65-70% of our couples met online. Most of them are now married or in a long term relationship. So although I met my hubby the old fashioned way it does seem that meeting people online works. That said, I've never thought of mfp as a "dating" type site, but if you find someone you have things in common with then I why not?
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope so cuz I am only ever here, at work or working out. :tongue:
  • 1lifeliveit1608
    Options
    Not in my experience men lie too much
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    And women don't?

I think you can find love when it smacks into you...if you're open to it. Whether that's online or any other way.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not.

Men and women both lie, it's up to the individual to verify their authenticity when they meet and interact in person
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible but that doesn't make it a wise option. In the words of Mystikal: DANGER [expletive deleted] watch your back!
  • Tayloral6899
    Options
    True Love, is it real? Or fantasy? When a person has to cover the truth, knowing that they are married, go out online chat, and mert IRL, then comes back to his wife and ask, how to thet get rid of the other woman they met?
  • bigdal77
    bigdal77 Posts: 69
    Options
    Lew....I can honestly say that YES You can find real love online....I have recently found my true love right here on MFP.. we were friends just being supportive to one another and before you knew it I felt something special in him that I hadnt felt in a very very long time....Neither one of us were looking , it just happened. As time went by we became closer and then exchanged phone numbers and started to text one another...NOW being the person that I am, I had him checked out and he was very legit !! ( hey a girl can never be to cautious) ...we decided to meet one weekend and trust me when I say i was sooo nervous, all I had to go on was a picture and his word......

When I arrive i sent him a text telling him i was there he came thru the door and My heart skipped a beat, I knew then it was love at first sight ! All of those conversations that we had shared just made me realize that this could be something beautiful .

I wouldnt change a thing ! I have NO REGRETS and this comes from someone who was so ANTI-ONLINE DATING !! I would preach to others about how crazy and harmful this could be until I met him ! SO I guess the noral of the story is follow your heart but proceed with caution at first ! LOVE can be staring you in the face right now and you dont even know it ! Life is about taking chances, and living it like its your last.

o this is such a beautiful story you are so lucky to of found your mr right
    i wish this could happen to me i have found some amazing friends on this site and one awesome one she knows who she is this would be the fairytale ending to the most awesome journey of my life which started with me weighing 213kg and now weighing 99.8kg :)
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    not when u talk or type liek dis lol
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    I totally believe you can! :heart:
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    IMHO......its just a illusion my dears......unless you like "short" relationships:(

Wrong. I met my finance here. She moved from Oklahoma to Cincinnati to be with me. As well as her kids.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m28r7sM3lN1qhna06o1_500.png

HAHAHAHAHA! CLASSIC!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

Bitter much?

Not all men are liars. Just as not all women are.
  • secondchance82
    Options
    I married one of my mfp friends in March of this year. Last year he was recently divorced, and I had just filed for divorce a couple weeks prior to meeting him and although I was legally married I was separated for 3 years and so ready to move on. We were not looking, we just happend, and we already intended to "marry" before we even met one another. What we have is amazing, and nothing we both have experienced before. He is EVERYTHING I have ever prayed for and more.
  • torylinnangel
    Options
    In my opinion, you can find love anywhere. I may be hopelessly optimistic and naive, but it is what I believe.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Then find a woman to love.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This post made me wonder a little. Love is hard to find anywhere, and I am very fortunate to have married my soul mate and best friend. Thinking openly though I can see where MFP could lead to romantic affairs, especially if one partner is working towards fitness and the other is not. Before I had my bariatric surgery, my therapist and I discussed this possibility because it is very real. I think admitting it can happen and addressing it head on is the way to make sure it does not. The point is, love is elusive but lust and romance is all around us so be careful unless that is what you are looking for.