Can u find real love on Mfp????

Options

Replies

• laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    IMHO......its just a illusion my dears......unless you like "short" relationships:(
  • fuck3you4LL
    Options
    hmmm, I found something interesting here.
    *grab my popcorn*
  • bephi
    bephi Posts: 12
    Options
    Lmbo.... what is love anyway???
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    If and when I find it, I'll let you know...:-)

On a serious note, I think you can find it anywhere, although I'd personally rather have the real thing than an online / long distance relationship, however, I'm not adverse to it.
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I absolutely think you can. However I wouldnt have found it before now. I think it depends on the stage of your life and what you have been through. That shapes the person you are and what sort of things are important to you in relationships. To me, looks are still important, but I can see enough in pitcures to know that I am attracted. The real attraction comes after that through reading posts, messages to each other and conversations on the phone......real love is blossoming!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Can u really find real love on mfp? If so how do u know its real and or safe? Do ppl really open up their hearts to each other or do they just say want u want to hear to forfill a fantasy of theirs? I'm not saying cyber dating is bad or wrong, I just wanna know how well can u know a person based off a picture? I'm just wondering.......

forfill?
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Lmbo.... what is love anyway???
    A second-hand emotion. Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?

Say, those sound like some good lyrics...if only we could put it to music...
  • SetecAstronomy
    Options
    Even though it's a penny for your thoughts, I'm going to throw my two cents in (somebody's making a penny)...

I see MFP as a site to help you achieve your personal goals. Now, one's personal goals are going to vary from person to person, but typically people are going to join up 1) because it's free and 2) because you have a desire to get into shape, whatever that shape may be (even if it's a triangle) and you want to use the site's free tools to help with that.

While the site isn't set up like a typical dating site is, it does have two similar tools: 1) A forum to which you can expound your thoughts on a given topic (such as this one) and to which other people can read said thoughts, and 2) The ability to contact another person on the site. Being able to add a person as a friend is a bonus, but without those two tools, you lose the ability to reach out to someone (directly and indirectly).

Can you find real love on MFP? It's possible, but should not be expected. My suggestion would be to focus on the primary reason you joined the site in the first place. By all means be social, but remember why you joined. Instead of trying to FIND the right person, focus on trying to BE the right person...and perhaps love will find you instead.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    .... what is love anyway???

Exactly. I guess i'd be called jaded, but its nothing more then 2 people who become extremely comfortable with each other in my view. People make it into something its not.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

It will work as long as both people are honest. The one thing you learn, is how to communicate since you don't have the physical part getting in the way at first.

You need to be careful. I told a friend all his contact inormation and everything I knew about him before I met him in person, just in case he was an axe murderer. While he did own an axe, he didn't bring it wth him on our first "date"

The internet is amazing in that it opens you up to meet people you never would have met in your day to day life.

This

So yes, you can meet the love of your life ANYwhere. Just keep your mind open to all possibilities and you both shall win.

and this, you never know where you may meet someone and end up falling in love with them
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im in love with all MFP users :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    If and when I find it, I'll let you know...:-)

On a serious note, I think you can find it anywhere, although I'd personally rather have the real thing than an online / long distance relationship, however, I'm not adverse to it.

A long distance relationship isn't the real thing? My husband and I dated, were engaged and even married for 2 months while living in different countries and have been married for almost 8 years. Now you are telling me it isn't the real thing???
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    lol let's be frank ... how many of you have parents aor maybe grandparents that started their relationship on exchanging notes and letters - I know there must be more of us out there :P. And what else is the interwebs then a speed up version of writing a good old letter. It doesn't matter where you met someone, even if you meet them in the street - it is most likely that they do not walk up to you and give you a 100p manual with their life history in order to brief you for the relationship to come
    :huh: :bigsmile:
  • SetecAstronomy
    Options
    Im in love with all MFP users :flowerforyou:
    Awww and we love you too!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Simple answer ... YES ..Absolutely !!
  • TheSlimWithin
    Options
    I'd like to think you can find love anywhere. :)
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Its cant be any worse than some of idiots you will meet in person. Its better on here than with the online dating because on there so many women are not just talking/dating you, they are talking/dating 50 other guys as well so be careful because some women will take some guys in off sites and keep them as safety nets or just for attention. As for love, yeah, you can find it anywhere, its not the place, its the person that matters. Go for it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Why not? Seems like a great place to meet someone to me. At least you know you have something in common from the start.
    <<-- This is coming from someone who is single and looking :wink:
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think you can find love anywhere. :)

This^ <3333 sigh :love: :smooched: :heart: Im a hopeless romantic :wink:
  • Shawty_Ro
    Shawty_Ro Posts: 135
    Options
    To say it with Hugh Grants words :"love actually is all around"