would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I always have been attracted to big guys. I had a phase where I dated skinny guys, but that's because my ex was over 400 lbs and abusive. Now that I'm better I met and married my current husband who is 6'4 and 300 lbs. he is a little chubby, but mostly muscle.
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sure, if she's rich. :bigsmile:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Probably not, I like thin tall guys. However if my husband got fat (and he has gotten bigger a few times and I still find him attractive) I wouldn't leave that's for sure. If I were a lesbian I would have no problem dating a bigger woman, I think bigger curvy women are hot!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Only if she has hair or teeth...

Interesting, so she only has to have one or the other? Long hair and toothless is good? As is a beautiful smile and shaved head? (Actually, that is pretty hot.)

;)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Married >>>:love: but Kevin James that plays Doug Heffernan in King of Queens is a nice piece of SpanyBun:love::blushing:

Agreed. I've always thought he's adorable just like he is. Can you imagine how hot he'd be if he got in shape?
  • SaraADaigle
    Options
    I did and am .... I married a PLUS size man because there is no kinda man like a big one :) I love that .... he is not obese but he has weight on him and I love it ....

One thing I know.... you can loose weight... you can't loose a crappy personality or disposition ... so I would take a loving, kind big dude over a cocky snobish buff/skinny guy in no time flat!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

One thing I know.... you can loose weight... you can't loose a crappy personality or disposition ... so I would take a loving, kind big dude over a cocky snobish buff/skinny guy in no time flat!

I DOUBLE THAT STATEMENT.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Of course I would. I only date people I'm attracted to, but there's a hell of a lot more to attraction than body size.

This.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    No. even when i got fat in my 30's i continued to only date thin/in shape women though the ease of doing so was reduced in my enlarged state :D
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    I have and would again as long as they could keep up with me... I love my new active lifestyle and would like my partner to enjoy it with me. Although.. I have to say... the dating world is not exactly an easy place to be.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yeap, sure would.

The issue though, is that there are generally a lot of health complications that come with that. I would want to get healthy together to prevent that if they weren't present at the beginning of the relationship.

As a guy considered too fat/ugly for most of my life to date anyone (never been over 290lbs) I know what it feels like to not be wanted. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and would give a gal at least a shot. Regardless of what you look like, we cannot be unequally yoked intellectually though. That's where I draw the line, lol!
  • XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    A woman from size 12 to size 16 at is acceptable to me. Besides, I'm a breast man and all big girls are gifted up top :)
  • XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough, I've always been with guys who were larger, and that made me feel more secure about myself since I was always a little on the "chubby" side. BUT my bf I have now is my same weight LOL. ( I am no longer "chubby", either...) He is a little shorter than most guys I've dated but he's lean and I've found that I'm absolutely crazy about his body :) So, I'm over the fact that we're around the same weight, since he freakin loves my bod too :heart:

But, honestly, it comes down to personality. I'd rather date a larger man with a good heart than a lean/in shape man who's an *kitten*.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes, the physical body does not maketh the character of the individual.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Well if I think they're hot, yes :) . I like all types of guys, just depends on the 'something' that has me attracted to them that makes you like the whole person regardless of size or whatever. Although, I do tend to notice more toned guys first, not to say I wouldn't date a bigger dude :D
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    there are some people who are plus sized because of muscle mass.... not just because of excess fat. if he was charming and not insecure, maybe... I'd really have to be convinced that he's a good guy tho'. but that goes with any man...
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Of course I would. I only date people I'm attracted to, but there's a hell of a lot more to attraction than body size.

I agree 100%. It's all personality that I'm attracted too.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what constitutes plus size...do you mean a few extra pounds or do you mean obese? Not meaning to offend, but no. I'm more into healthy, fit types. Honestly, most of the plus size guys I know (of course there are some exceptions) are more into drinking beer, eating hot wings and watching sports, rather than taking part in them. Plus size guys can be great, but they are just not for me. I know a lot of guys wouldn't be into my body type either, and that's just fine with me! :flowerforyou: