would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    NOPE.
    I am not putting all this effort into losing to date someone who is heavy so I can backslide into my old ways.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sure, as long as they weren't lazy. Since I'm plus size myself and working on not being that way, I would wanna date someone that could and would be active with me.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    No. Too sweaty.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    One of my ex's outweighed me by almost 275 lbs. It wasn't his weight that ended the relationship, he just happened to be crazier than me.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I prefer my guys around the 'L' end of the spectrum.

Long? :bigsmile:
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the person, but now that fitness is more important to me it probably would have to be for him too. Personality is huge for me, but obviously there needs to be physical attraction.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Half the people responding to this question are saying no, but you are on a website for weight loss... doesn't make sense.

Weight loss is only one use for this site. It's My Fitness Pal. I personally use it for maintenance - to track my eating habits and exercise. It helps me control the amount of sugar and sodium I'm getting and allows me to keep track of my fitness goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I currently engaged to one! I am plus sized myself.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have before, in high school into college...he was a 3XL....started out as such a sweet guy, but got involved in drugs, drinking and got abusive as a result. I ended things due to that, not his size.

I am happily married now, but I would date somebody plus sized again if I were single. If I am mildly attracted to somebody, it is all about personality after that, although they couldn't be so out of shape that taking more than 10 steps winds them.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you classify as "plus sized"? Overweight - yes, obese/morbidly obese - no.
    If that makes me shallow, so be it.
  • greenranger67
    Options
    I would not only date someone who is plus sized, but I married someone who is plus size. She is a fabulous lady and would not trade her for the world.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I prefer my guys around the 'L' end of the spectrum.

Long? :bigsmile:

LOL!

As a former plus size girl, I so appreciate the open-minded folks in this thread. :flowerforyou:

Those who aren't, well... you're missing out on some of the best folks on Earth. The obese or unattractive are forced to cultivate a personality, and are often the sweetest and funniest people you could ever meet. It truly is your loss. :ohwell:
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If I was attracted to them, yes. If you aren't attracted to the person then you shouldn't be with them. Physical attraction is a HUGE thing. You can't be in love with someone you are repulsed by.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I am plus size and attractive guys date me LOL

And, personally I kinda prefer stocky guys.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Yes, the physical body does not maketh the character of the individual.

This.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    If I weren't married, and were to choose a partner a gain, I'd say maybe, or to a degree.

Like others have said, I don't want them to be so bad off that they can't breathe or do some fairly active stuff with ease. It also would be nice to have someon NOT drag me back into fatness (if he brings pizza home all the time then I'd be screwed).

But I do like some "cuddly". I like big arms to wrap around me. I like taller. I like a nice smile. I like a man who knows how to act like a gentleman and be charming like you are the only one in the world. Sometimes its all in the face, the eyes. I am attracted to different people for different reasons. So he might not have a huge score on the body type, but maybe his charm, sexy voice, gentlemanly nature, and nice face will make up for it.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My ex was bigger and I dated him.
    My bf is super skinny though.
    But if my bf were bigger, I'd still love him.

I do like it when a guy has a "bit" of weight on him to be cuddly and stuff. My bf likes that about me but then again, I'm not plus sized either :p.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Nope. Unless its plus size because their muscles don't fit in their shirts.
  • stevepierson
    stevepierson Posts: 119
    Options
    Yes. I've met some very beautiful plus sized women. Beautiful on the outside and the inside.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Plus size woman were the only females that would acknowledge me as a person because i'm very shy person. to this day i've still not figured what my ex-wife and my current wife/soulmate see's in me.