Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

would you date someone plus size ?

Replies

• autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    Yes, if he was exceedingly awesome in other aspects.
  • LOL my husband is skinny (over 6 foot and 83 kg) and he loves his macdonalds, bacon, sausages, bread ect.

I weight 174kg and 5,11' and I eat no bread, veges, grilled chicken and salad and always have.... I really have not changed my diet much since joining mfp, I have mainly just cut out bread, rice, potato and only eat egg noodles and then very rarely and cut out my bag of potato chips a week.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Yup. More than a fit guy. I like chubby guys. Always have.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    I did and I would.
    In my life I found bigger guys more attractive than muscular or skinny guys. I do not know if this comes from the inner acknoledgment of my own proportion or simply because of what I like...
    I admit, I probably would not date someone mordbidly obesse. But a man is tall enough, the extra weight does not bother me.
  • I would, and I have. But I couldn't date anyone whose weight couldn't allow them to fully function and do normal things, such as walk, bathe themselves, etc.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    I dig chubby. Like 10-20 pounds chubby. Severely overweight............... no, probably not.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    depends on how plus sized.
  • chrtyA
    chrtyA Posts: 39
    I have met some 'fluffy" men that were active and attractive would they be considered plus size I am unsure does a slight beer gut count? If I were to date a female hmmm.,...... In the modeling world a "plus size model" could be a size 10/12 and many women size 14/16 can be healthy attractive and curvaceous. I guess I would be considered plus size at my 14/16 size I am 5'9 active and healthy although looking to get back to my pre-twin body back I have a chunk of weight I need to lose. I think I look pretty good for being "plus" sized. I like to think that a glance most people wouldn't consider me "Plus" sized. SO I would date my plus sized self,LOL :)
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    I don't mind a little pudge...if they're geeky like me I instantly fall for them, regardless of any previous 'set' standards of mine...haha. Their awesomeness level has to be 9001 or more...if you know what I mean ;D

ITS OVER 9000!!!

Over9000_small.jpg
  • brandi_michelle69
    brandi_michelle69 Posts: 84 Member
    absolutely!!!!
  • no im picky (thats probably why im single)
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Nope.
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    I am at a point where beggers cant be choosers, so yes i would. But only if our personalities and likes match up
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    I would, I have.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    I don't mind a little pudge...if they're geeky like me I instantly fall for them, regardless of any previous 'set' standards of mine...haha. Their awesomeness level has to be 9001 or more...if you know what I mean ;D

ITS OVER 9000!!!

Over9000_small.jpg

Prince of all Saiyans.

Just sayin'.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    If I were atracted to him, sure. I have dated all shapes and sizes, though someone extremely obese is rarely attractive to me. It's not personal, but I just don't see that happening. I kind of feel bad about that, though.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Nope.

I'm working on getting rid of the extra weight, honest!

:laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Definitely, as long as he presents himself well and isn't grossly obese.
  • no
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    A donyelle classic resurrected!

I want to date men with some similar interests and goals. I would not exclude a man based on his size, but having similar interests to me excludes a lot of the overweight population (as well as the rest of the population).