30 Day Shred Challenge (4/16/12-5/16/12)

Options

Replies

• RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am starting this today. I did it back in January and started a group and we each checked in everyday with eachother to see how we were doing and it was really nice. I found the group to be really good and organized it by day that each of us are on. I started a group but am having trouble getting memebers. Anbody who is interested inchecking in everyday let me know and I will invite you to the group.
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    RieBerg, I'm interested! Thanks :)
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    RieBerg, I'm interested as well.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I would like to start this with you. I did it last summer and had very good results. I need to do the program again before summer gets here. Good Luck everyone.
  • tashajo414
    tashajo414 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just received my DVD in the mail yesterday and I am planning on getting it started tomorrow!!! I would love to be added to the group!!! I have been on here a couple weeks now and I dont have many "friends" on here so I dont have alot of motivation/motivators either...so friends request me as well if you would like!! :)
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be part of the group please! Day 5 today :)
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Where are we posting all our info and stuff ? on this page?
  • MerBear30
    MerBear30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Interested and starting tomorrow. Are we posting on this thread?
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll join you you guys! I started the 30ds last summer but only did a few days. I won't see my parents again until the 1 st weekend in June, so hopefully I can make some decent changes, and they'll be able to see a difference!
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im on day 11 of this (meant to be 15 but ive had some breaks) and wow level 2 kicks your butt so prepare for it!
    If anyone wants to add me feel free xxx
  • Volleyballtigger
    Volleyballtigger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YES! My knees were very sore. I dislocated my kneecap and tore my patellar tendon a little over a year ago and this dvd definitely gave me issues on that knee. I did put my knee brace on, but they can't protect you fully and can give you a false sense of security. I found that if I was having a difficult knee day I would do the motions on the jumping stuff, but not actually jump, or just jump very, very little. Ice and ibuprofen help. I did have to take about one day off in levels 2 and 3, it's just not worth the potential damage. I don't think it's nearly as effective that way, but I did lose some weight. Better than that, I lost inches, so I was pleased.
  • Volleyballtigger
    Volleyballtigger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is anyone having knee problems doing the shred? My knees are killing me.
    YES! My knees were very sore. I dislocated my kneecap and tore my patellar tendon a little over a year ago and this dvd definitely gave me issues on that knee. I did put my knee brace on, but they can't protect you fully and can give you a false sense of security. I found that if I was having a difficult knee day I would do the motions on the jumping stuff, but not actually jump, or just jump very, very little. Ice and ibuprofen help. I did have to take about one day off in levels 2 and 3, it's just not worth the potential damage. I don't think it's nearly as effective that way, but I did lose some weight. Better than that, I lost inches, so I was pleased.
  • gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will join with you...I have been getting lax on any exercise...so ready!!!
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with this as well, but there's no need to buy the DVD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • sparkle126
    sparkle126 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi for people starting the 30 day shred Monday 16th i have started a new group, please join link below, or you can find it in the seach engine. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4894-30-day-shred-starts-mon-april-16th-2012
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thanks! I have started the Shred a few times but have never completed the whole 30 days. I always seem to go back to it.
    I have always liked JM, she gives good cues and you can modify the moves if you want.
    [/quote]

^^
    Same as that, this is my second time at the rodeo, so to speak.

While I remember, I have to do today's round, it's 10.30 p.m here and I've been travelling all day. I really could not be bothered, but I'm going to do it anyway. I expect I'll have a few choice words for Jillian tonight. ;)
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm down.
  • MiMarMor
    MiMarMor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Definitely count me in! I'm on day three.
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here are my measurements along with my current weight and I have to say this is VERY depressing :sick: .. I knew I was out of shape but wow this really brings home just how far it's gotten.

5' 5"
    CW: 206.8
    Measurements:
    -Bust: 45" inches
    -Hips: 41.5" inches
    -Waist: 40.5" inches
    -Arms:
    R: 15" inches
    L: 15" inches
    -Thighs:
    R: 28" inches
    L: 28" inches
    -Calves
    R: 15.5" inches
    L: 15.5" inches
  • AshleyButtons
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow too! Let's keep each other motivated :)