Poll: How many hours do you work per week?

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    24 minimum :)
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    56. Rotating shift-work.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I work 40 hours a week.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I currently work 40-42 hours a week depending on if overtime is available or not.

In my previous job I was salaried and 40 hours a week was the minimum expected. 45-50 was what it took to get the job done (i.e. what was expected). Most of the other managers accomplished this by eating at their desks. I preferred to come in early or for a bit on the weekends because I accomplished so much more when I was the only one there.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Self-employed; typically work 60-hour weeks for a quarter of the pay that I made corporate.
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a self employed ecologist and charge £40 (what's that in US dollars? About $65?) an hour consultancy fees and might work up to 20 hours a week (not all of it chargeable obviously - I need to do my admin ;-p ). That's enough on top of looking after my 3yo :-D And it brings in the same amount of money (if not more) as when I was employed by a private firm.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    58 until the second week of May. I'm pooped!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    40 hours here. Although that could change soon.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I work 35-40 hours per week with an occasional long day here and there.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    When I worked it was Mon-Fri 8-5 with 1/2 hour lunch.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I work 36 hrs a week, 4 days a week, that's enuf for me! I don't like spending my whole life at work.
  • erkss
    erkss Posts: 11
    Options
    I work a deadly 40-46 hours a week as a cashier at a supermarket.
    Edit: 7.50 minimum wage..... forever!!!!!!! :(
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I work 40 hrs a week at my regular job, but then I babysit after work up to 4 days a week. It might not seem like hard work but it can be exhausting keeping up with a 4 yr old who doesnt know what no means! I also will work overtime when I can at my real job, and babysit for friends and family on the weekends, I like money lol.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses so far. I wish I knew the salary for the position, but I was afraid to ask. I was always told to never ask about money up front. The company is a mortgage lending company, but I would not be doing any banking stuff. I would be working on their marketing team in the creative dept. as a web designer.

I find the variety in responses interesting. Keep them coming! :smile:

thats sad, what if the pay is minimum wage? you just wasted everyones time.

i always ask what the pay is, i have a minimum set, anything less I choose to stay home. to keep from wasting everyones time i ask up front when they first call "whats the pay rate"? simple and to the point. if they say anything less than what my requirement is, thanks for calling, i have better things to do with my life. you can choose to listen to all the hiring BS advice out there or you can be confident in yourself and self worth, if you have the experience they will hire you, if you don't get the job, your not qualified, very simple, nothing personal. go buy a business, that is easier than trying to find a J-O-B.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... I thought it said work out.. FAIL :embarassed:
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Anywhere between 40 & 70. I'm self employed, so the more I work, the more money I can earn (being an artist - no guarantee anything will sell)
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    50-60 hours is pretty standard for a salaried job. I work 39 hours a week
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    37.5 is what I am supposed to work...but I usually get to work an hour before I start....so probably just a little over 41 hrs per week.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    i work between 35-55 hours a week because i'm a chef but i get paid hourly so its all good! my boyfriend is on salary for 49 hours a week and he does almost 60 sometimes and doesn't get paid for it :/ infact i get paid more than him sometimes but i get paid every 2 weeks meaning i get taxed more!!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I work part time now, when I worked full time my mantra was "if it can't get done it 40, it aint worth it." I was a corporate accountant. The only time I worked extra was during quarter or year-end close. And never more than 45 hrs.

My husband is an IT Manager and used to work 60+ hrs some weeks. Then he went to grad school, which meant it wasn't physically possible to do that anymore (grad school was full time, 20+ hrs per week). Since he finished in 2006, I am glad to announce he's worked more than 45 hrs only during crunch times. He's salary. He also gets about 12 weeks paid time off a year. He now expects no more than 45 from anyone on his team. Life-work balance makes for better workers.