Poll: How many hours do you work per week?

Options
123457»

Replies

• minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    its really depressing to see all of these talented hard working people on here, yet where i used to work i was surrounded by ungrateful mentally challenged individuals!!! I have been self employed most of my adult life, this may not fit for all but all should consider this!!! GO BUY A BUSINESS OR START ONE!!!! if your going to work that hard, you might as well do it for yourself, in the end working for a major corp your going to get a nice kick in the teeth!!!! at least if you own the company you have something in the end besides a stupid savings account!!!
  • minnesota_deere
    Options
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I work a 40 hour a week job but until recently for about 3 years we worked and additional 20% over time minmum for at least 48 hours a week. We usually put in 50-55 though.
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    I get paid for 37 but usually end up doing about 50. Rubbish....
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It all depends, I'm contracted to work 37 hours, I'm usually in at around 8:20 and finish at 5 Monday to Thursday, take half an hour lunch, any overtime goes on to flexi, I usually finish around 4 on a Friday. Sometimes if I have a lot on or need to leave early or start later I'll either start at 7am and leave early or work up until 7pm. I could work around those hours if I needed to but it's a lot of hassle with security and I just can't be that bothered.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    I work 25.5 hours/week plus I tutor one night a week. I think 50-60 hours/week is crazy and doesn't leave you any time, energy or spirit for yourself. What company works their employees that many hours? Personally I don't think a company values their employees if that is their 'norm'. Just sayin'.
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I work about 60 hours/week, maybe 80 when I have weekend call. I enjoy it though and knew what I was getting into. A lot better than when I was a resident, that's for sure!
  • minnesota_deere
    Options
    I'm a self employed ecologist and charge £40 (what's that in US dollars? About $65?) an hour consultancy fees and might work up to 20 hours a week (not all of it chargeable obviously - I need to do my admin ;-p ). That's enough on top of looking after my 3yo :-D And it brings in the same amount of money (if not more) as when I was employed by a private firm.

This is how its done, this guy figured it out.