GUYS- - - Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like your

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It always used to drive me mad when my mother would serve the men-of-the-house bigger portions than us girls. I thought she was being sexist and unfair. But I suppose on consideration she was right to do so as us girls don't need as many calories as our taller brothers and father (assuming they are taller which in my case they were, though I think mum was just being sexist really). I wonder how many large girls have got that way because they had nice mothers who strove for equality among the siblings and gave everyone equal portions regardless of need. just a thought.

I used to think I should eat less than my dh, because I'm female, shorter and less muscular. I forgot to factor in that he's fairly sedentary by nature and I can't stop moving. Trying to eat less than him of 'proper' food led to me binge on less healthy snacks to compensate. Now I eat the same as him, or more.

I'd always heard that men preferred women with 'healthy' (meaning big...) appetites, so it's interesting to see this is not the case with some mfp men. My favourite colleagues to eat with in the cantine at work have been the only two who eat as much as me (both male!), mainly because it means they won't feel obliged to sit and watch me keep eating when they've finished :laugh:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    This is silly. Different people have different caloric needs.

I'm 5'9" and burn anywhere from 2500-3000 calories in a given day. I couldn't care less what any person thinks of the amount of food I eat - male or female.

I've been married for fifteen years now, so this is rather a non-issue for me. However, when I was younger and dating, I never changed the amount or type of food I ate to impress or gain the approval of a boy I was seeing. The thought 'I don't want him to think I'm a pig, so I'll just order the small tossed salad' never crossed my mind once. I think relationships are most successful when you don't put on an act or behave in ways outside your norm.

I probably wouldn't have dated anyone who cared/judged what and how much I was eating. At least, not for long...
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    nah, don't really care how much she eats. I hate when we order food and she orders a salad or something like that then spend the rest of the evening trying to eat oof my plate because she was trying to be cute.

"trying to be cute" :laugh:

I know exactly what you mean, *some* girls do that purely because they want to look dainty in front of their date (and yes, needless to say some do it for calorie control reasons or because they actually love salads of course, at least they won't steal food from your plate) I have been guilty of that in the past but I quickly realised "Actually....who gives a cr@p what I eat or how much I eat,? Long as I am happy and in control, I dont care."
  • plarcade
    plarcade Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So THAT'S why I'm single!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha. I'm not overweight and have a v healthy appetite, but I don't want to have to be watching what I eat in case a man is weirded out. That would totally mess with my head.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We should behave how we want and find a man who likes us for that. Seriously.
    Can I get an amen!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I ate out with a guy and his anorexic girlfriend once. I kept the receipt of the two pizzas and one salad in my wallet as a reminder of how I never wanted to become. Now I do occasionally order salad, but that one experience soured me towards them for years...
  • jazgale
    jazgale Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a really big appetite, and I'm pretty proud of that. I always ate a lot more than all of my ex-boyfriends, and that’s a fact. They just laughed at it and found it pretty cute.

I think that a real man, with no insecurities, shouldn't find this intimidating.
  • sara1923
    sara1923 Posts: 53
    Options
    haha I am a little surprised but am in agreement in thinking so thats why I am single...... I have had a hard time dating someone who eats only processed food and would never be able to date someone who was sedentary but I have never considered it based on how much they eat. Everyone has their own opinion and Im grateful for the honesty.. Setting my diary to private now so I dont get judged... Ha!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes it is offensive that a bunch of men feel totally entitled to come to a public forum and tell women how much you want to see us eating.

But why ask the question then? Seriously.
    I mean if a guy started a thread saying 'Doesn't it upset you when your lady eats? Ladies, please, don't eat!' then I could see it.
    But guys are responding to a thread asking them for their honest opinions, and then getting yelled at for stating them. What's the point?

Personally, I wouldn't date someone who was offended by a healthy appetite. But if he is, I'd like to know so that I could find someone else more congenial to date and he could also. There are plenty of people who DO eat lightly for him to date.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    it doesnt bother me if she eats too much it bothers me when she decides to eat complete crap right in front of me :-)

although it does bother me that her eyes are always bigger then her stomach so she puts more on her plate then she can finish and i nearly always have to finish hers too. end result i got fat lol :-) besides i am a real man when i am hungry not a chance any ladie could keep up with me lol :-)
    i have polished off two full sunday rosts before and had dessert :-) and that was for breakfast mwahahaha :-)
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    *reads through thread as men get bashed for giving their own personal opinion that they were asked for in the fist place*

Guys!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

It was a direct question to guys on what they 'prefer' so why some women have got ******* because the guys have given their 'preference' is beyond me!! It's no wonder guys dont want to give their opinion when faced with questions such as 'does my bum look big in this' ??? :bigsmile:

Edit: I couldnt care less what someone else thinks of what I eat!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Seriously guys be smart and don't even reply to this thread. Not one more word from one more dude. Don't give them the satisfaction.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but yes this is a very loaded question. The first few replies I read I was a little irritated in the replies. BUT it's an honest opinion the guys are giving. We might not like it but they are entitled to feel how they feel.

I am sure no different than how some women know what they are attracted to and what they are not attracted to. Some wouldn't date a science geek type (no offence to science geeks out there) and would only date the rock star type. Some would not date the skinny artsy type and instead only date the muscle bound jock type.

See how that works?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    *reads through thread as men get bashed for giving their own personal opinion that they were asked for in the fist place*

Guys!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

/thread
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Exactly! The question was directed to GUYS and what their preference is. Why are they being bashed for their honest answers? And just because other women are offended by it, the OP wanted to know opinions.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a mean case of "hangry" goin on in these parts.

It's fitting that I just came from a post about a guy who doesn't communicate. Maybe it's because every time they try, their women go all ogre on them. Hmm...
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Exactly! The question was directed to GUYS and what their preference is. Why are they being bashed for their honest answers? And just because other women are offended by it, the OP wanted to know opinions.

no kidding! ladies, lighten up. or go eat a cheeseburger cause some of yall are cranky. low blood sugar i presume.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

no kidding! ladies, lighten up. or go eat a cheeseburger cause some of yall are cranky. low blood sugar i presume.

I would but if I ate a cheeseburger the boys might not like me.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

I would but if I ate a cheeseburger the boys might not like me.

the right guy would.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Guys!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

I'm gonna have to agree. It seems as though the guys on this post are the ones getting blasted, when in reality a woman is the one who cared enough to ask this question. Just sayin'.