GUYS- - - Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like your

Options

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    JENNIE! it's THIGH GAP! hahahah :laugh:

and any man come between me and my grub, may have to pull back a bloody nub! :drinker:

Thigh gap, crotch gap... eh, it's all the same bull****. :P
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm out with guys and get a salad I get harassed and they're always like "COME on, I know girls can eat way more that that." So I usually just get something normal and eat it all to avoid the comments.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    "She used to be super hot, until her caloric intake exceeded mine."

^^Said no sensible man EVER!
    ^^^^^^love it
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I girl out eats me! But hey in the end who cares! haha

This actually.

It's even worse when she's skinny and doesn't work out.

Wtf mate....
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    *reads through thread as men get bashed for giving their own personal opinion that they were asked for in the fist place*

Guys!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

I'm not a guy, and I was kind of thinking the same thing. If you are going to ask for an opinion, you have to be willing to take the answer.
    In response, there are days I eat as much as my husband, but I'm way more active than him and I burn most of what I eat!

Completely agree, it's definitely a trap! And when it comes to dessert I will ALWAYS eat more than my boyfriend.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

and any man come between me and my grub, may have to pull back a bloody nub! :drinker:

LOL LOL I'm pretty sure every girl has a crotch gap :P
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm out with guys and get a salad I get harassed and they're always like "COME on, I know girls can eat way more that that." So I usually just get something normal and eat it all to avoid the comments.

It even looks funnier if she on the heavy side and she does that. You're just looking at her like, "yeah, that's how you eat, eh?"

I don't mean that in a mean way. But, seriously? It's so funny. i see it all the time. Women at work, very overweight, and they'll cut a donut in half. Yeah, if they were at home, they'd eat 4 of them, or more. I don't know, but I don't know why they put on that front.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like yours or would you rather her eat less than you? Or do you even care? I know that I hate when I'm out with a guy and he eats less than me (yes it happens lol). So I was wondering if guys feel the same way with girls.. or maybe I'm just a little overly cautious about it?

Women should always eat less than men. We should also get paid less for doing the same job. And we shouldn't speak unless spoken to.

Are you available? I think I love you.
  • JennieAL
    Options

LOL LOL I'm pretty sure every girl has a crotch gap :P

Now, there's *that* gap :P
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    In the last several weeks of training for my half-marathon, I routinely ate my boyfriend under the table. He thought it was hilarious (and impressive), probably because he knew I actually needed that amount of food. Point being: if a guy really likes you, he isn't going to care. And if he doesn't, well...NEXT!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Unless a woman is an athlete and in training it would be a major turnoff. I am competitive but not at the dinner table!!!

Sounds like you are competitive at the dinner table.
  • beckajw
    Options

It even looks funnier if she on the heavy side and she does that. You're just looking at her like, "yeah, that's how you eat, eh?"

I don't mean that in a mean way. But, seriously? It's so funny. i see it all the time. Women at work, very overweight, and they'll cut a donut in half. Yeah, if they were at home, they'd eat 4 of them, or more. I don't know, but I don't know why they put on that front.

Maybe they're just starting on their weight loss journey. Maybe they just need a guy to give them a little support instead of judging.
  • JennieAL
    Options
    Unless a woman is an athlete and in training it would be a major turnoff. I am competitive but not at the dinner table!!!

Sounds like you are competitive at the dinner table.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • bigredhearts
    Options

im not "very" overweight and i would totally take down at least two donuts in public, same as if i were alone... but half a donut?! i mean, honestly, whats the point, you might as well just walk over and smell them! and i know im not a dude but when my hubby aint that hungry and eats less then me (happens VERY rarely) i cant help but feel like i might be eating too much for a split second... but its not my fault that once in a blue moon he decides to eat like a bird... so i just continue to eat without remorse... and thankfully we both eat like we just got outta prison so neither of us holds back on shoveling food in, we are that comfortable with one another :tongue:
  • beckajw
    Options
    *reads through thread as men get bashed for giving their own personal opinion that they were asked for in the fist place*

Guys!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

I'm not a guy, and I was kind of thinking the same thing. If you are going to ask for an opinion, you have to be willing to take the answer.
    In response, there are days I eat as much as my husband, but I'm way more active than him and I burn most of what I eat!

Completely agree, it's definitely a trap! And when it comes to dessert I will ALWAYS eat more than my boyfriend.

^^ This! My husband may eat a double quarter pounder and large fries, while I have small burger and fruit, but I'll eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's while he'll just a couple of spoons full.

At least I never have to worry about what he thinks about the way I'm eating. I know he doesn't notice it and wouldn't care if he did.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ffs, can we please NOT be trying to tune ourselves to all the messed-up expectations of men. no, it is actually not their RIGHT to expect these things of us, so, no, we do not need to be asking them these questions.

yes, men who have called it a turn-off, i am calling you messed-up. it's your problem if you find it a turn off, so you have to deal with it within yourself.

For clarification - EVERYONE is different, therefore you can't tune yourself to what men want - that's like saying you are only going to wear whatever perfume all men in the world determine to be the nicest.

So it isn't something that we have to deal with within ourselves. It is just a preference that is part of the bigger picture of whether we like the person or not.

You say messed up like you're perfect. Guess what, we are all messed up in some way. Just because this isn't one of yours doesn't give yo the right to take the moral high ground. You want to talk messed up? I grew up skinny with a small appetite. Typically, this is a feminine trait - men eat lots, women not so much. I now have a large appetite and yes, it is messed up to think like this, but that is judged amongst men as he who can eat the most is the manliest, so if I'm out with a girl and she's keeping up, then that is diminishing my masculinity. Hence it is a turn off.

Now off your high horse please....

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

It's definitely a question of femininity vs. masculinity. Most men prefer women with feminine qualities. I learned from a man that I dated and became close friends with after the break up that there are many little things that we women don't even think about when it comes to femininity that men notice. Eating equivalent amounts (especially if you're constantly trying to lose weight) is one of them. BTW...I also found out it's not very feminine to take your gum out of your mouth and throw it out of a moving car...lol. Now I know ;) I highly reccommend that we take what the men are saying on this thread as a learning experience. Whether you agree or not, I think it's beneficial for one sex to realize what the other sex thinks and feels about many different things.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    haha oh my.
    back in the day, i could plow back anything and i'd call my male friends/significant others every de-masculating name in the book!
    obviously it caught up to me..but now that i lost a significant amount of weight, i definitely can't keep up with my boyfriend (who's 6'2", 160lbs)!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My gut reaction is that personally I don't really care how much ANYONE (male or female) eats. But when i was still dating, I think I was always a little suspicious if a girl didn't eat anything when we went out to dinner. I'd rather have her feel comfortable enough that she could just be herself and eat what she wanted. And I didn't want to feel like she was nibbling crackers while with me and then going home afterward to eat a turkey and a half...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks it's hilarious that can out eat him any day of the week. He calls me a hobbit, because it's a never ending stream of food.

I've never been shy to eat infront of a man and that most of the men I dated and was friends with would prefer a woman show a normal appetite on a date (share an app, have some drinks, eat some of their entree remembering that a side salad isn't an entree, share a dessert, have more drinks), however a glutenous appetite on the other hand isn't necessarily appealing. They don't want to lick barbeque sauce off your chin in the restaurant, but they wouldn't mind licking it off your tummy in the bedroom.
  • JennieAL
    Options
    My gut reaction is that personally I don't really care how much ANYONE (male or female) eats. But when i was still dating, I think I was always a little suspicious if a girl didn't eat anything when we went out to dinner. I'd rather have her feel comfortable enough that she could just be herself and eat what she wanted. And I didn't want to feel like she was nibbling crackers while with me and then going home afterward to eat a turkey and a half...

This was more along the lines of what my experience was when dating... men let me know it was "ok" to eat. Lol. I"m from the south, and southern girls are taught to be "lady-like"... well, my mommy didn't teach me that :P She was a different sort of mommy, apparently.

But... I can't fathom some of the men who actually care about this. If I even remotely suspected they cared... I"d make a point to eat like a f******* pig just to gross them out.