married men

Options

Replies

• bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    omg...i just called someone a turd head after reading this. brilliant. I treat this site like I treat the gym. Are their women there? yes. do I care? not really. do i look? sure. Is the goal to better myself and get results I want? 100% yes. If you get hit on or the conversation is too suggestive, can't you just ignore or block? I don't get hit on so I don't know. and yes, I am happily married.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Name and shame, mabe? :devil:

I'm married and very happily. It's nice to have a bit of a flirt sometimes but only on the understanding that the person you're flirting with knows that it's flirting and is a) comfortable with it and b) doesn't read more into it.

I wouldn't mind my husband seeing any of my posts here or on my daily feed; that's the acid test for me. The minute it goes to private messaging and you'd want to hide it - that's a step too far. :noway:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    It's called MyFitnessPal, not My****Buddy.

Oh.......:frown:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Do you mean out and out hitting on you, or just being flirty/friendly?

Flirty and friendly is fine...but when they start putting out feelers with sexual suggestions that's where I draw the line.
    Play along, get their home number, then call and ask for the Mrs.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because we all know it's only men that do this. :huh:

LOL. well I haven't had any experience with married woman hitting on me YET! but im sure woman can be like that too. But REALLY does a guy get offended if a married woman hits on him?! not likely

Most women I know don't get offended when married men hit on them, unless the married guy is fat, old, ugly, or a combo of the three (the old "its flattering if hes hot, creepy if hes not"). However, some women I know pretend to get offended, while declaring loudly that married men are hitting on them so that everyone knows married men are hitting on them as a form of validation that they are hot and being hit on, whereas men who have married women hit on them typically don't say anything and no one knows about it, because no one really cares.

Yes MFP is a quasi-dating site in disguise of being a fitness site. Yes that means people of both genders who are married or already in relationships are going to be trolling around because they are trash. If you find such people and it truly offends you, delete them from your contact list, don't respond back to them, and carry on.
    This^^^
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    This is something that will never go away. I am sure there are a lot of fake members on this site/forum that are just here to stalk. I don't have any problem with flirting. I think its a form of encouragement. But there is a line.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    When people lose weight and confidence returns, it's a dangerous time....sudden interest from the opposite sex can be misread as sexual attraction and not just friendliness.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Seriously! What is it with married men on this site hitting on the girls here!? Anyone else experience some perverted men on here?

Not yet..... still hoping tho....:ohwell:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    what?! oh grrr. Not one single male on here has hit on me one time. Do I need a mint?
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

LOL. well I haven't had any experience with married woman hitting on me YET! but im sure woman can be like that too. But REALLY does a guy get offended if a married woman hits on him?! not likely

:huh: So it's creepy when the men do it, but it's ok when the ladies do?

Apparently!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have gotten an email or two from a few different men on here that sounds like it's innocent and when I engage in what I think is going to be simple get to know you fitness stuff they make a inappriopriate remark about a picture then I go to their profile and they have their wife plastered all over their profile and I am just like WOW I am thankful my husband isn't like that...........What a way to put on a front!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    ...or maybe you're taking their fun attitudes the wrong way? Many of the married men on my friends' list brag about their wives constantly! But that doesn't mean you can't be fun/funny/silly/whatever...
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I think this goes both ways.. men and woman.. Not me of course.. I am a good girl.. faithful.. :devil: I never do or say anything that would cross the line. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

So does this mean you are cancelling our date?
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Married men are the best. They leave right away and only visit for the good stuff.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My husband would lose his man parts and he knows it. :D
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Seriously! What is it with married men on this site hitting on the girls here!? Anyone else experience some perverted men on here?

SO...Are you saying that single men don't hit on girls here and does that make them perverted also? Just wondering before I start hitting on you.
  • lrforge
    lrforge Posts: 17
    Options
    Yep, I deleted my old account and started a new one!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Married men are the best. They leave right away and only visit for the good stuff.

Love it!!!! lol
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options

This isn't stereotypical at all now is it??? :mad:
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am a married man and I do not cross the line I am always fun and outgoing and even share my posts with my wife...men can be just a good friend here…I have 127 followers most are women and we have great chemistry just being friends…so if anyone of you want a solid male friend that will not hit on you but focus on fitness and share the experience then please add me you may be surprised.