Cottage Cheese. WTF???? PASS ME THE BUCKET!!

Options

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am obviously doing this wrong because so many people swear by it. i tried blitzing it to a smooth paste, adding black pepper, then chilli powder..... etc etc etc.

it is truly the most disgusting thing EVER!! and i never thought i would hate anything with cheese in it's name!

little help here?
    I hate the chunkfest cheese too!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love it with a fresh tomato and black pepper - This is my favorite lunch in the Summer time :)
  • bethmullett
    Options
    OMG, I couldn't agree more!! Cottage cheese is vile. I sincerely believe that food that can be eaten with fruit OR vegetables is evil. Ranch dressing? Vegetables. Yogurt? Fruit! See? Both harmless. Cottage cheese? Some people say tomatoes and pepper. Some people say pineapple or peaches. EBILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! :laugh:
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love it with a fresh tomato and black pepper - This is my favorite lunch in the Summer time :)

I will admit, I am definitely NOT a fan of cottage cheese, I tried the small-curd and didn't really like it much. Which is a shame because I am a fan of anything "cheese"...except cottage. On the other hand, i lovelovelove tomatoes :] I could try out this simple recipe and see how I feel about cottage cheese after :], thanks!
  • jessicart77
    Options
    If you don't like it why are you trying to make yourself eat it?!

You want to be happy with your food choices and not cringe when you think about eating it.

Food should still be enjoyable to us, just not so fattening. :smile:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I will admit, I am definitely NOT a fan of cottage cheese, I tried the small-curd and didn't really like it much. Which is a shame because I am a fan of anything "cheese"...except cottage. On the other hand, i lovelovelove tomatoes :] I could try out this simple recipe and see how I feel about cottage cheese after :], thanks!

I'm a big lover of cottage cheese, but I do have to warn you that (and this is one of the reasons I love it) the sodium levels of it are very high. If you've found other healthy choices for your proteins, then your dislike for cottage cheese might be something you want to nurture. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff, but I struggle daily with my sodium levels as it is, so I avoid it.

Caveat emptor - don't get hooked on a food that you'll then have to deny yourself.
  • sherripaxton
    sherripaxton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will only eat one brand. Stater Bros, fat free. Everything else is gross to me. But I eat the SB brand everyday just by itself. Or occasionally I will put fruit in it.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I can't do it either....I've tried those little cups that come with fruit, etc. Just a no-go!
  • scottdaisley
    Options
    i dont think of it as food, rather as fuel. I dont mind the tast, but then if I wanted some thing that tasted nice i'd eat a cake.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    As a kid I used to hate the stuff, just the lumpy texture would put me off but now I love it especially over a jacket potato or eaten straight from the tub with some spicy chicken x
  • fatzombiegirl
    Options
    I can't eat it with fruit or by itself, but mix it in with something tomato-based, like tomato soup or pasta sauce, and it is delish!
  • clareharris07
    Options
    Eeeeeuuww!!!!!! No its just WRONG xx
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way. Then I discovered that there's a HUGE difference in brands. Personally I like Friendship but breakstone is also okay to me. But Penn Maid - barf.

I started off with cinnamon and sweetener instead of savory :) Try mixing it with ricotta. Ricotta has protein too but generally a lot more calories/fat.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OMG. I'm addicted to cottage cheese!! I eat it every day..... I usually mix in some fresh berries, raw almonds, and a few dried cherries. OMG it's heaven!!
  • HYBRIDXXX
    HYBRIDXXX Posts: 86
    Options
    CAN U EAT COTTAGE CHEESE IF U R LACTOSE INTOLERANT?
  • chrissyhissey
    chrissyhissey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Switch to Philadelphia there are several different flavours & they all taste nice. I use it all the time with mushrooms chicken I even make chicken curry with it just add curry powder or a curry paste.It makes a lovely creamy sauce.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Iowa (known for dairy) and looooooove cottage cheese! Best thing ever on baked potatoes, with fruit, in tomatoes, or with soup. However i moved to washington about 24 years ago and the dairy here is AWFUL! I tried every kind before giving up on cottage cheese. I still remember my Anderson Erickson Dairy cottage cheese from iowa with longing. Maybe it depends on where you are getting the cottage cheese. Anyone who has tried AE dairy not like it (please say no! It is amazing!!)
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I either eat in plain
    or I mix it with sugar and chocolate chips as a dessert. :)
  • aims_bc
    aims_bc Posts: 25
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, but only plain or with savory ingredients added. I once accidentally purchased cottage cheese with pineapple in it and did not realize until I took the first bite and at first thought the sweetness was due to it being spoiled. Blech! I do wonder why anyone would add it to their diet if they don't like it though? Aren't there plenty of other great sources of protein and calcium?
  • eprissel
    eprissel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I hollow chicken breasts and stuff them with cottage cheese and turkey bacon then throw them on the grill or George Foreman, awesome! I also tried making juicy lucys the other day with it and they turned out great.

OMG that sounds GOOD! Must try!!

Do you wrap the bacon around them or put it inside? If inside, do you cook it first?

If I put it inside yes I cook it first otherwise it is even better wrapped around the outside and then throw it on the grill. I also mix a little shredded cheese in with it and sometimes some jalapenos.