Before/After BELLY pics???

Options

Replies

• MzVonda
    MzVonda Posts: 87
    Options
    Wow all of these stories are awesome....I have a lot to lose, but I have some progress....these are all motivating!!! Thanks for the posts!!!
  • priscilla79
    Options
    BUMP! Ya'll look great!
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Before:
    29775_869548316142_10116788_48816093_2656878_n-1.jpg

After:
    IMG_20120404_062423.jpg

Eat well, drink water, exercise (including strength training!!!)

All transformations have been amazing, but this one...I'm speechless!! Great Work!
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Before (Jan 2012): 160 lbs but i was "skinny fat" - 31% body fat
    After (April 2012): 157 lbs but now 21% body fat

7070987301_5fbe178a3d_n.jpg
    100 days by emgawne, on Flickr

Cleaned up what I ate a LOT, tried to eat as clean as possible, stopped drinking alcohol, cut down on carbs and upped protein intake, and did strength training and core conditioning classes.

Dang girl...you look amazing!!!!
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Such inspiration here!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I haven't LOST it, but I'm losing it so I have some before/during. My pics aren't as amazing as a lot of the others on here because I still have almost 40 lbs to go. At 5'6", 173 lbs, I'm still on the fat side. lol But there is quite a bit of improvement. Oh and so far I've done it by sticking to my cal goals (no special diet), running and Jillian Michaels dvds.

1yeardifferencefront.jpg

1yeardifference.jpg

WOW! Look at that definition!
  • JensterPenster
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone! Fantastic job!!!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Belly Before/After:
    7434194_2240.jpg7434194_1237.jpg

Back Before/After:
    7434194_8492.jpg7434194_7770.jpg

That was just over 3mos of work...nearly 40lbs, mostly in my belly.

Here's an overall comparison, from one 4th of July, to the next (2010/2011):
    7434194_4814.jpg7434194_7482.jpg

And the workout I used to do it, no gym, no weights...all bodyweight:
    Some of you have been curious about my workout that I used to lose the initial 35+lbs at home. Well, it was 100% bodyweight based, no weights. I'll lay it out here:

This is your basic 5 x 5 template. (To clarify, 5x5 is 5 reps x 5 sets. The idea is to work at a difficulty level where you could only do maybe 7-8 reps on the first set, and are struggling to finish 5 reps on the last set). You would do strength training 3 times a week, say Monday-Wednesday-Friday with the weekends off. These are done "lazy circuits" style, with about 1 minute rest between each set (I use a FT7 HRM and keep my heart rate over 140). The explanations of the exercises you'll use for each group are farther below.

Workout A
    1A. Knee dominant - 5 x 5
    1B. Horizontal push - 5 x 5
    1C. Horizontal pull - 5 x 5
    2A. Ab - flexion - 3 x 5
    2B. Ab - static 3 x 30 seconds

Workout B
    1A. Knee dominant - 5 x 5
    1B. Vertical push - 5 x 5
    1C. Hip dominant - 5 x 5
    1D. Vertical pull - 5 x 5
    2A. Ab - rotation - 3 x 5
    2B. Grip and neck training - 3 x varies

Exercise Progressions - with regular weight training you can just add weight to the bar. With bodyweight progression is mostly about changing your leverage. These are just a few examples, I'm sure we could come up with dozens more if needed. You can always add resistance in the form of a weighted vest or backpack or resistance bands.

Explanations of exercise in order of difficulty (easy-hard)
    1. Knee Dominant -- squats, lunges, step-ups, bulgarian split squats, unilateral bent leg deadlift, partial one leg squat, one leg squat, box or stair pistols, full pistols.
    2. Horizontal Push -- pushups, decline pushups, resistance pushups, side to side pushups, stair one arm pushups, negative one arm pushups, full one arm pushups.
    3. Horizontal Pull -- body row, resistance body row, negative one hand row, incline one hand row, full one hand row.
    4. Ab - flexion -- crunches, situps, resistance or incline situps, reverse situp, resistance or incline reverse situps, hanging knee or leg raise, hanging pikes, rollout from knees, rollout from feet, dragon flag. Also included are oblique moves like side lying crunches with or without resistance and side lying two leg raise.
    5. Abs- static -- 4 point prone bridge, 3 point prone bridge, 2 point prone bridge, 4 point supine bridge, 3 point supine bridge.
    6. Vertical Push -- pike pushup, hindu pushup, divebomber pushup, decline pike pushup, decline hindu pushup, decline divebomber pushup, one arm pike pushup, negative handstand pushup, handstand pushup with head touching floor, full handstand pushup.
    7. Hip Dominant -- supine hip extension, good morning, one leg stiff leg deadlift, split one leg good morning, one leg supine hip extension, hyperextension, one leg hyperextension, natural glute-ham raise.
    8. Vertical Pull -- jumping or assisted pullups, pullups, resistance pullups, side to side pullups, negative one hand pullups, one hand pullups. All these can refer to chinups or neutral grip pullups as well.
    9. Ab - rotation -- twist crunches or situps, resistance or incline twist crunches or situps, russian twists, lying windshield wipers, standing rope rotations, hanging windshield wipers.
    10. Grip and Neck Training -- for grip you can use handgrippers, deadhangs from a pullup bar (especially a fatbar or gripping a towel). For neck nothing beats wrestlers bridges. If you are involved in a striking martial art or sport, finger and fist pushups are very important also.

None of these lists have to end here. If you get strong enough you can always add resistance to your full range of motion one limb exercise. Or if you can do more than 5 one hand pushups do decline one hand pushups, or start working on one hand hindu and then eventually one hand dive bombers, and so on.

The nice thing about this routine is it scales dramatically depending on your fitness level. If you can't do even ONE regular pull up, you can scale it down and do assisted pull ups (legs on a chair), or ballistic pullups (where you jump to provide the initial momentum). It's actually easier to do properly when you're very unfit...because once you're healthy and strong...you're going to be searching for challenging enough exercises to only allow you 5 reps max by the finish of the 5 sets.
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Amazing everybody!
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    this is before and during
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/doula_2006/IMG_0748-1.jpg

Primal/paleo and CrossFit.
    BTW I weigh more in the second photo, but Ive lost 13 cm from my waist (at least, as before measurements can only find from 3 months ago) so ignore the scales if your measurements are going down.
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    162-1.jpg

Eating fairly clean, lots of protein, heavy lifting. Still have work to do.

You look great! You have no more work to do lol... Nice! Thanks for sharing! Gives me inspiration!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Before:
    29775_869548316142_10116788_48816093_2656878_n-1.jpg

After:
    IMG_20120404_062423.jpg

Eat well, drink water, exercise (including strength training!!!)
    how long did it take you by being patient?

Wow! Def an inspiration :) Thanks for sharing :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I haven't LOST it, but I'm losing it so I have some before/during. My pics aren't as amazing as a lot of the others on here because I still have almost 40 lbs to go. At 5'6", 173 lbs, I'm still on the fat side. lol But there is quite a bit of improvement. Oh and so far I've done it by sticking to my cal goals (no special diet), running and Jillian Michaels dvds.

1yeardifferencefront.jpg

1yeardifference.jpg

You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I want one of those bellies:sad:

Going to take a pic this weekend and from next week on, new gym programme and will look at all the replies on this thread for ideas on what to do to get rid of my belly.

lmao.. me too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    How do I make the image show up in the post?
    Even the IMG code from photobucket didn't work.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    How do I make the image show up in the post?
    Even the IMG code from photobucket didn't work.

The IMG from photobucket will work if you don't have any spaces in the file or folder name. Also, change the capitol 'IMG' to lower case 'img' in the pasted url.

This is what you end up with:
    this is before and during
    IMG_0748-1.jpg

Primal/paleo and CrossFit.
    BTW I weigh more in the second photo, but Ive lost 13 cm from my waist (at least, as before measurements can only find from 3 months ago) so ignore the scales if your measurements are going down.
    (And now that I've seen it, you also have to resize the picture to about 500 pixels wide)

For example [ IMG ] will not work, but [ img ] will.

DCIM 1150.jpg will not work, but DCIM_1150.jpg will.

The same goes for the photobucket folder names.

'My Pictures' will not work, but 'MyPictures' will.

The MFP forum software is about 200yrs old. If they'd put half as much effort into that as they do into censoring the forums...it would be a pretty incredible place.
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    Untitled.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!